More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:17:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim refuses to enter a carpool or drive to work glitch.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim refuses to enter a carpool or drive to work glitch.  (Read 6470 times)
Scribal_Goddess
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Sim refuses to enter a carpool or drive to work glitch.
« on: 2011 April 27, 22:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, one of my sims will go out and try to get in their carpool, and just stand there, not opening the door, staring at the honking carpool as if they've never seen one before. They also can't get the option to drive to work when I do buy them a car, and don't appear to be using sick or vacation days.
I don't think it's the portal, as the schoolbus comes and goes just fine, as does the gardener, the nanny, the maid, etc. Also, the car eventually goes away. This may or may not be linked to the fact that I randomly had a glitch where this sim jumped to the top level of their career. I don't think it is, because my initial attempt at a fix was to have them quit and then use the computer to get back into the career from the bottom, where they had been before.

Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone know what it is? Ideally, does anyone know how to fix it? Please and thank you, I'm putting on my fire suit now.

Additional information:
I have all EP's except pets, though this showed up before I installed FT and AL.
I don't knowingly have any hacks that should affect this, and this popped up before the installation of ACR.
Assume I know nothing. You'd be right, and you're good at that anyway.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Sim refuses to enter a carpool or drive to work glitch.
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 28, 14:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Even if you don't think you have any hacks that affects this, you should still test it without your downloads folder in, if you haven't done so arleady.

2. Have you tried moving the sim out and back in? This is like the TS2 ingame version of turning your computer off and on again. It resets a lot of background stuff.
Scribal_Goddess
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 29, 00:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried the moving in and out thing already. I do need to test with my entire downloads folder pulled. I didn't think to pull it because it was only a problem on one lot.  Roll Eyes
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 April 30, 19:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried the moving in and out thing already. I do need to test with my entire downloads folder pulled. I didn't think to pull it because it was only a problem on one lot.  Roll Eyes

We're waiting with bated breath for your feedback. I'm giving it odds of 5 to 1 that the problem lies in the downloads folder (the removal of which is STEP ONE in troubleshooting, btw. And shove your smiley). Any takers?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: