More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:57:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Graphic Glitches with Windows 7 [SOLVED]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphic Glitches with Windows 7 [SOLVED]  (Read 11460 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Graphic Glitches with Windows 7 [SOLVED]
« on: 2011 April 26, 12:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've googled the problem extensively, but couldn't find a solution (just other people with the same problem, but the only answer they got - if any - was "update your drivers"). With Windows 7, my game looks like this:

Graphic board: GeForce GTX 460 / 1024MB GDDR5

I updated the graphics driver several times (latest version: 270.61), installed the most recent DirectX, with the same results.

I tried changing the resolution and frame rate, shadows on/off, reflections on/off, details high/low, didn't help, nor did playing with various compatibility modes.

Is there any way to fix it?
« Last Edit: 2011 April 26, 20:47:51 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Graphic Glitches with Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 26, 14:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your video card supported?  I don't see it on the list of supported cards on the TS3 Readme.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Graphic Glitches with Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 26, 19:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which shouldn't be much of a problem, because I'm trying to run TS2 Wink.

According to the game compatibility list in the card's control panel, the TS2 compatibility is supposed to be "excellent", in contrast to games like Oblivion or The Witcher (compatibility is just "good"), both of which run perfectly fine with highest details.

ETA:

I've been able to fix it myself (for now). Obviously, the graphic board doesn't like the ingame anti-aliasing (or, as it's called, "smooth edges" option). The board's AA was set to "use application settings", and "smooth edges" to the least point possible. Now, AA is controlled by the board, and everything seems to be fine.
« Last Edit: 2011 April 26, 20:45:32 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Graphic Glitches with Windows 7 [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: 2011 April 27, 03:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, duh.  I'm so used to people posting about the current game that I didn't even notice.  How are things back in 2008?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 April 27, 05:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, posting about things related to TS2 in the TS2 forums - who would have expected that?

Things are great in 2008.  My games from the late 90's that I still play say hi, too.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 April 27, 05:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your video card supported?  I don't see it on the list of supported cards on the TS3 Readme.

Which shouldn't be much of a problem, because I'm trying to run TS2 Wink.

Oh, snap.

Ah, duh.  I'm so used to people posting about the current game that I didn't even notice.  How are things back in 2008?

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 April 27, 08:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm behind times, I know Tongue.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 May 12, 00:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the header says 'solved', but incidentally I run the exact same setup as you, with the same graphics card and OS, and I have no problems. I'd advice running a clean setup of the drivers, i.e. return to default settings without any of your saved preferences. The nvidia setup will let you run that from the advanced settings when installing the drivers. Maybe running the setup in safe mode is advisable, but you shouldn't have to with win 7, but you never know.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: