More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 11:09:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Stupid n00b needs help!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid n00b needs help!  (Read 7321 times)
Swat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Stupid n00b needs help!
« on: 2011 April 16, 22:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be blatantly obvious, very stupid, and easily searchable. But I'm a n00b, and I need help.
I've searched and nothing quite matches this error. I keep getting a Flagrant System Error, and I haven't been getting those since, since hell, since when the game came out.
But I just yesterday installed Ambitions. Prior, I had only Base and Late Night. This is the capture of the error I'm getting:

From what I can make of it, it is somthing to do with Washing Laundry. The problem is I haven't even used the washing machines yet. Is this a mod conflict that is well known? Am I going to have to sift through my thousands of mods?

I have all patches installed (for sure, I have the Patch Downloader), latest test version of AWE, fresh aweconfig.package, and am using the new method for mods.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Re: Stupid n00b needs help!
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 16, 22:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is not some noob problem, and we won't tear you to pieces for it.  You probably should have put this in the Awesome Mod bug report thread, though.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Swat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 17, 02:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate it! I have not recently installed any custom content that I feel would provoke this, so it must be somthing to do with Ambitions being installed. I should test out other neighborhoods and see if it happens.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 April 17, 05:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you installed AMB, did you check & update your "thousands of mods"?
Swat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 April 17, 07:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you installed AMB, did you check & update your "thousands of mods"?

I just went through and updated most of my script mods. I will observe tomorrow whether or not this helps.
flatrat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 April 17, 10:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

got the same error and still havenīt found the reason.
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 April 17, 22:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You say you had the base game and Late Night, then added Ambitions. Is this failure a result of installation order? Or did the out-of-order installation result in an EAxian patching failure?
Swat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 April 18, 16:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch failure may have been the problem. But unless it carried over after update, doubt it. I do have everything patched, made sure with Patch Downloader.

However, I think the problem is over. I think it was something to do with the "MOAR INTERACTIONS" mod, this is one of the many mods I went and updated. It's a global interactions injector, and does screw with the laundry machine. I just wouldn't expect that to be the problem because Flagrant System Failures are awesome mod induced, correct?

But alas, stupid noob still is stoopid. Problem solved, I think. People with similar problem, read it and weep.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 April 18, 17:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flagrant System Errors are an AwesomeMod popup, but they are not necessarily AwesomeMod-induced, as it is simply a generic Error Catcher, and if it catches a low-level error whch can originate from an EAxian piece of code or otherwise, it will show up as an FSE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: