More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 06:41:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Please help me fix this BS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Please help me fix this BS  (Read 29244 times)
GossipGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Please help me fix this BS
« on: 2011 April 13, 16:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, I'm really sorry if my post isn't in the right section... I wasn't too sure. I posted this on MTS too but got no answer Sad So I'm hoping someone on here can shed some light on this crap!

I've been trying for days now to fix this one issue I have with my game but nothing works!

Issue:
Sim pauses for an average of 10-15 sim minutes (sometimes 5, sometimes 30) before doing an action, like using the toilet, interacting with another sim, cooking, etc. I also noticed after the sim is done with an action, it takes some time before the action icon is removed, moving on to the next action... Something else I noticed, my sim was cooking, cutting vegetables on a board. He cuts then stops, and you see the bits of vegetable flying in the air, then he starts cutting again, stops, then you see the bits of vegetable flying again o_O Instead of the vegetables flying everywhere WHILE cutting the vegetables... Weird...

I tried many different families in Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, Bridgeport and Barnacle Bay (I don't have Riverview) and it happens everywhere.

I have all EPs and SPs installed... And all my CC is from the Sims 3 Store, nothing from other users. Well, they are downloaded here, on MATY...

I have installed the framework for CC, I have about 10 .package files in my Mods/Packages folder. I packaged everything myself with s3pe, so 1 package holds many many objects. I tried removing my CC but it doesn't change anything.

I searched the internet for days, about this issue... I've tried Overwatch, MasterController, AM, Auto-sim autonomy fix. Nothing works... I've tried decrapifying my saved game, library, preset file, CC .package files... Nothing...

I have to admit I'm not too sure how Overwatch and MasterController can fix my problem, but I tried...

I downloaded the AM configuration for dummies with only the LessIdleGoofOff enabled and it didn't change anything

I am out of options... I have a new Mac OS X. I have no idea how to fix this anymore... Do you have any idea of what I could try to fix this problem?

These are my specs, if it can help:

Mac OS X
Version 10.6.7
Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Hard drive capacity: 195.29 GB
Available: 28.5 GB
« Last Edit: 2011 April 13, 16:33:26 by GossipGirl » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Please help me fix this BS
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 13, 16:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been discussed to death several times.  Learn how to search.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
GossipGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 13, 16:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know! And I have searched! Everywhere! I Googled my problem, I checked MTS, MATY... Every solution I found did not work for me... Embarrassed
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 April 13, 16:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you forget to check your own post? The answer's right there.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 April 13, 16:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try lowering the graphics setting to minimum? Those specs are pretty terrible, and apparently the system requirements on a Mac are a fair bit higher.

Also try it with no CC at all, see if that does anything.
GossipGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 April 13, 17:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try lowering the graphics setting to minimum? Those specs are pretty terrible, and apparently the system requirements on a Mac are a fair bit higher.

Also try it with no CC at all, see if that does anything.
I did lower the graphic settings but not all to Low, some Medium and a few on High... Undecided I tried this just now, I removed all CC and renamed my Sims 3 Folder, restarted the game. And it seems like it solved parts of it. But I still get a long pause in Bridgeport. But then I tried in Twinbrook and it seemed fine. The vegetable thing worked fine...
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 April 13, 17:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bare minimum specs provide mediocre performance on lowest settings.  Try playing with anything on high, and performance will suffer.  The best answer you'll ever get is to upgrade your machine or put up with crappy game performance.  Simple as that.   
GossipGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 April 13, 18:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Narmy and Darby. I didn't know I didn't have the minimum requirements Sad So I re-added my CC and kept the graphic settings at the lowest, or almost, and it's running much better! Ok it doesn't look as perfect but it's fine for me. I'll try and see if I can upgrade my Mac. Thank you for your help. It was so simple, I didn't even think of it Roll Eyes
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 April 13, 18:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new Mac OS X.

Mac OS X
Version 10.6.7

It still baffles me that Apple would sell something so shitty as "new", almost as much as it baffles me that people actually buy it for $1000+.
GossipGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 April 13, 20:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new Mac OS X.

Mac OS X
Version 10.6.7

It still baffles me that Apple would sell something so shitty as "new", almost as much as it baffles me that people actually buy it for $1000+.
Undecided We got it like a bit less than a year ago... From Future Shop/Best Buy (Canada)... And according to MTS, my Mac meets the minimum requirements. But yeah, they are the minimum... Sucks. Other games run fine! It's just that The Sims is becoming way too "heavy"... I'm assuming adding all EPs and SPs on top of that doesn't help... *sigh*
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 April 13, 23:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a standard problem on Macs. So far I have found no work around, you just have to put up with it.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 April 13, 23:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a standard problem on Macs. So far I have found no work around, you just have to put up with it.

Or, you know, pay less for a better computer that will actually run games.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 April 14, 12:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, you know, pay less for a better computer that will actually run games.

Pah! You don't even need to do that. Just replace MacOS with Windoze XP and you'll get a 200% performance boost* right there.

*Not a guarantee. Figure may be speculative and/or plucked out of thin air. Still, it's a Mac. What did you expect?

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2011 April 14, 15:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do people buy Macs unless they are in the publishing industry?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 April 14, 15:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only real difference between a Mac and a PC is the OS, and as a result the software that is compatible with that OS. However, Windows has plenty of software that can do the exact same things, even for an industry professional. Hell, even Linux could probably do the same things too, the open-source community is huge these days.

The thing is, people have been conditioned to believe otherwise by multi-million dollar advertising campaigns that appeal to the less technically knowledgeable people, and deceiving them with clever wordplay and often inaccurate statistics.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 April 14, 23:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only real difference between a Mac and a PC is the OS, and as a result the software that is compatible with that OS. However, Windows has plenty of software that can do the exact same things, even for an industry professional. Hell, even Linux could probably do the same things too, the open-source community is huge these days.

The thing is, people have been conditioned to believe otherwise by multi-million dollar advertising campaigns that appeal to the less technically knowledgeable people, and deceiving them with clever wordplay and often inaccurate statistics.

Ok, you know what? I am sick to death of constantly having to defend my choice of computer on these boards. It's one thing to tussle with jezzer, his hatred of the A-word is well documented, and besides he is just jealous of my hipster weave. But to be insulted by some randomer? Yeah, fuck off. I have not been hoodwinked by Apple's shiny advertising campaigns. It turns out the reason I like Macs is because I prefer OSX to Window's shitsville systems, especially Vista and Seven. I am not alone.

I have been using macs for the last two years, but bought a windows netbook for my Australian adventure because who wants to cart £1000 worth of equipment round dodgy hostels? For two years I haven't encountered any problems I couldn't fix myself. Suddenly, upon my reluctant return to Windows I discovered a host of issues. Wireless didn't work, dongle didn't work, windows firewall as per usual was running around everywhere mooning and generally cocking things up. Granted, this is just one unfortunate experience, but it is an example of why I prefer Macs.

I know Macs are overpriced, and I know Apple are evil bastards hiding under a veneer of 'hey we're so cool and charming' but you know what? I like Macs. If I can afford to buy a computer I will actually enjoy using, what's the harm in that? I paid a similar price for a high end laptop before I bought my pro and it was beset with issues from the get go. If i have to pay the price of a lesser gaming experience, then so be it. Obviously if I were a hardcore gamer, I wouldn't use a Mac. I am not some rabid fan girl, I am well aware macs have their limits. I am just sick to death of constantly having to watch the baying hordes of MATY sit around and have group wanks over how much Macs suck.

So no, I am not a moron. I have not been 'deceived by clever wordplay'. I am just a consumer who prefers Macs to PCs.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 April 14, 23:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee.  She said "dongle".

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 April 14, 23:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rant

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 April 15, 00:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh.  I couldn't care less about the Apple/Microsloth debate.  They BOTH suck for various reasons, so it's just a matter of choosing your poison.  What chaps my ass is when Sims 2/3 fans whine about the computer they just bought not running the game well because they neglected to do their homework about specs first.   Tongue
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 April 15, 00:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the ONLY one who finds Windows easy to use, intuitive, and reliable; who has never had a major problem with it; and who has almost never wanted to bash his PC to smithereens?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 April 15, 00:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the ONLY one who finds Windows easy to use, intuitive, and reliable; who has never had a major problem with it; and who has almost never wanted to bash his PC to smithereens?

Only since XP in my case. Windoze 95 and 98 were steaming piles of shit, and Vista's a bloody nightmare. Windows 7's ok once you have God Mode enabled, but SP1 is shit and buggers up internet access.

I miss the old days of my Amiga and Workbench 1.3.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
GossipGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 April 15, 00:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, you know what? I am sick to death of constantly having to defend my choice of computer on these boards. It's one thing to tussle with jezzer, his hatred of the A-word is well documented, and besides he is just jealous of my hipster weave. But to be insulted by some randomer? Yeah, fuck off. I have not been hoodwinked by Apple's shiny advertising campaigns. It turns out the reason I like Macs is because I prefer OSX to Window's shitsville systems, especially Vista and Seven. I am not alone.

I have been using macs for the last two years, but bought a windows netbook for my Australian adventure because who wants to cart £1000 worth of equipment round dodgy hostels? For two years I haven't encountered any problems I couldn't fix myself. Suddenly, upon my reluctant return to Windows I discovered a host of issues. Wireless didn't work, dongle didn't work, windows firewall as per usual was running around everywhere mooning and generally cocking things up. Granted, this is just one unfortunate experience, but it is an example of why I prefer Macs.

I know Macs are overpriced, and I know Apple are evil bastards hiding under a veneer of 'hey we're so cool and charming' but you know what? I like Macs. If I can afford to buy a computer I will actually enjoy using, what's the harm in that? I paid a similar price for a high end laptop before I bought my pro and it was beset with issues from the get go. If i have to pay the price of a lesser gaming experience, then so be it. Obviously if I were a hardcore gamer, I wouldn't use a Mac. I am not some rabid fan girl, I am well aware macs have their limits. I am just sick to death of constantly having to watch the baying hordes of MATY sit around and have group wanks over how much Macs suck.

So no, I am not a moron. I have not been 'deceived by clever wordplay'. I am just a consumer who prefers Macs to PCs.
AMEN! I love my Mac and wouldn't back to PC!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2011 April 15, 01:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously don't use it enough.

Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 April 15, 01:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry that you're insulted by the opinion of some randomer. I honestly don't care about your preference, use whatever you like the best.

That doesn't make the Apple commercials "Mac can do anything better than a PC" any less of a lie, though.

You obviously don't use it enough.
Some people don't need their hand held by their OS.
cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 April 15, 04:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macs are like FWD/SUVs.

For every informed decision made RE: owning one and using one, there's a dozen folk who have one because they're shiny.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: