Please help me fix this BS

<< < (7/15) > >>

dragoness:
Quote from: jeebuschrist on 2011 April 15, 00:25:32

Am I the ONLY one who finds Windows easy to use, intuitive, and reliable; who has never had a major problem with it; and who has almost never wanted to bash his PC to smithereens?

Nope. Well, Windows 98, sure, but XP was fine, and Win7 has been lovely. I don't understand the people who freak out over how crash-prone, awful, unreliable, and so on Windows 7 is. It's performed brilliantly through both normal use and my occasional floundering about with advanced settings, obscure emulators and other poorly-documented piracy. Hell, the one time I was deliberately trying to make it crash, it wouldn't.

Darby:
My problem with Microsoft OS's is the ever increasing bloatware each new one comes with.  Even if easy to use, I resent having a bunch of shit I didn't ask for and can't easily remove being part of the install. 

BaronElectricPhase:
Quote from: jeebuschrist on 2011 April 15, 00:25:32

Am I the ONLY one who finds Windows easy to use, intuitive, and reliable; who has never had a major problem with it; and who has almost never wanted to bash his PC to smithereens?

Since Windows 3.11 and all the way to 7 8) 

(well, ok, I did skip Vista)   ::)

What's the trick?  dunno...  <shrug>
I can only guess that it's because I have always used an over-sized swap file, instead of a system managed swap file.

trenchmouth:
Quote from: BaronElectricPhase on 2011 April 15, 19:41:05

Since Windows 3.11 and all the way to 7 8) 

(well, ok, I did skip Vista)   ::)

What's the trick?  dunno...  <shrug>
I can only guess that it's because I have always used an over-sized swap file, instead of a system managed swap file.

Same here, except I skipped 2k/Millenium (I went from 98 to NT until XP came out), and the failure that was Microsoft Bob.  I did run Vista for a couple of years, but that was because an old system's hardware went into a string of catastrophic failures, and I had to have a replacement quickly, so in came a bargain PC that shipped with Vista.  Even Vista didn't give me too much trouble, outside of whining about the "features" that I disabled.

Jeebus:
I found Vista mostly tolerable except for its habit of hanging at inopportune moments (which has thankfully disappeared in 7).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page