Please help me fix this BS

<< < (6/15) > >>

haifen:
So then, dear Nellynell, you do agree that macs suck?

Skadi:
Quote from: Narmy on 2011 April 15, 01:57:26

Quote from: Skadi on 2011 April 15, 01:41:49

You obviously don't use it enough.

Some people don't need their hand held by their OS.

Oh dear, Narmy can't follow a conversation. I was trying to point out to jeebus that perhaps finds 7 easy to use because he doesn't use it much. I fight with 7 all the time but prefer a windows machine since it's mostly for gaming and ARRRING. Why the fuck would I want my hand held by an OS? Again, if it wasn't for the gaming aspect I'd be on linux.

wizard_merlin:
Quote from: Skadi on 2011 April 15, 07:02:23

Quote from: Narmy on 2011 April 15, 01:57:26

Quote from: Skadi on 2011 April 15, 01:41:49

You obviously don't use it enough.

Some people don't need their hand held by their OS.

Oh dear, Narmy can't follow a conversation. I was trying to point out to jeebus that perhaps finds 7 easy to use because he doesn't use it much. I fight with 7 all the time but prefer a windows machine since it's mostly for gaming and ARRRING. Why the fuck would I want my hand held by an OS? Again, if it wasn't for the gaming aspect I'd be on linux.

I use Windows 7 all the time for gaming, photo editing, video editing, and anything else that needs doing, and I don't have any problems with Windows 7 and don't fight with it at all, Visat was a different kettle of fish.  I got my Windows 7 as soon as it was publicly available.  Perhaps if you are fighting with it constantly, it might be something else you're running that maybe disagrees with Windows 7? 

Windows 7 is no different to any other OS, from any company, there are always people who see it as a dream and easy to use and never have a problem with it, while other people seem to have no end of problems with them.  I know people who use and hate Windows and seem to have no end of problems with it.  I also know people who use Macs and absolutely hate them while having problems that they can't get sorted.

Personally I prefer windows, and always have, I simply hate how closed the Apple systems are to customising to your own use, and how limited and restricted hardware upgrades are.  Before building my last windows machine I fully investigated Macs and settled on a windows machine as a better solution for myself.  Many years ago Windows was gaming and business, while Macs were multimedia and business, these days they both perform all functions quite well without many problems, which makes brand choice a personal preference.  The problem is that underspec'ed Macs won't work any better than underspec'ed windows machines when it comes to running games, or any other program for that matter, and the OP that started this is using a borderline spec'ed machine which means TS3 will perform poorly, and would would behave much the same way on a similar spec'ed windows system.

Hitch:
Quote from: jeebuschrist on 2011 April 15, 00:25:32

Am I the ONLY one who finds Windows easy to use, intuitive, and reliable; who has never had a major problem with it; and who has almost never wanted to bash his PC to smithereens?

I've had major problems with Windows. I've had my fair share of breakdowns and problems. I've found Windows to be extremely complex, convoluted, and abstruse at times. But, not once have I felt the need to go to an Apple dominated web forum and say, "Can someone please help me figure out how to run your software on my Windows computer."

Narmy:
Quote from: Skadi on 2011 April 15, 07:02:23

It sounded to me like a sarcastic comment like "Windows 7 sucks, you just don't know it yet." I'd think that the more you use an OS, the more familiar and easier it is to use, right?

There's always so many conflicting reports between people having tons of errors and problems, and people having no problems at all. The most logical explanation I can think of is that user-error is more of a factor than computer-error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page