Please help me fix this BS

<< < (5/15) > >>

uknortherner:
Quote from: jeebuschrist on 2011 April 15, 00:25:32

Am I the ONLY one who finds Windows easy to use, intuitive, and reliable; who has never had a major problem with it; and who has almost never wanted to bash his PC to smithereens?

Only since XP in my case. Windoze 95 and 98 were steaming piles of shit, and Vista's a bloody nightmare. Windows 7's ok once you have God Mode enabled, but SP1 is shit and buggers up internet access.

I miss the old days of my Amiga and Workbench 1.3.

GossipGirl:
Quote from: soozelwoozel on 2011 April 14, 23:37:32

Quote from: Narmy on 2011 April 14, 15:34:25

Quote from: Inge on 2011 April 14, 15:07:07

Why do people buy Macs unless they are in the publishing industry?

The only real difference between a Mac and a PC is the OS, and as a result the software that is compatible with that OS. However, Windows has plenty of software that can do the exact same things, even for an industry professional. Hell, even Linux could probably do the same things too, the open-source community is huge these days.

The thing is, people have been conditioned to believe otherwise by multi-million dollar advertising campaigns that appeal to the less technically knowledgeable people, and deceiving them with clever wordplay and often inaccurate statistics.

Ok, you know what? I am sick to death of constantly having to defend my choice of computer on these boards. It's one thing to tussle with jezzer, his hatred of the A-word is well documented, and besides he is just jealous of my hipster weave. But to be insulted by some randomer? Yeah, fuck off. I have not been hoodwinked by Apple's shiny advertising campaigns. It turns out the reason I like Macs is because I prefer OSX to Window's shitsville systems, especially Vista and Seven. I am not alone.

I have been using macs for the last two years, but bought a windows netbook for my Australian adventure because who wants to cart £1000 worth of equipment round dodgy hostels? For two years I haven't encountered any problems I couldn't fix myself. Suddenly, upon my reluctant return to Windows I discovered a host of issues. Wireless didn't work, dongle didn't work, windows firewall as per usual was running around everywhere mooning and generally cocking things up. Granted, this is just one unfortunate experience, but it is an example of why I prefer Macs.

I know Macs are overpriced, and I know Apple are evil bastards hiding under a veneer of 'hey we're so cool and charming' but you know what? I like Macs. If I can afford to buy a computer I will actually enjoy using, what's the harm in that? I paid a similar price for a high end laptop before I bought my pro and it was beset with issues from the get go. If i have to pay the price of a lesser gaming experience, then so be it. Obviously if I were a hardcore gamer, I wouldn't use a Mac. I am not some rabid fan girl, I am well aware macs have their limits. I am just sick to death of constantly having to watch the baying hordes of MATY sit around and have group wanks over how much Macs suck.

So no, I am not a moron. I have not been 'deceived by clever wordplay'. I am just a consumer who prefers Macs to PCs.

AMEN! I love my Mac and wouldn't back to PC!

Skadi:
Quote from: jeebuschrist on 2011 April 15, 00:25:32

Am I the ONLY one who finds Windows easy to use, intuitive, and reliable; who has never had a major problem with it; and who has almost never wanted to bash his PC to smithereens?

You obviously don't use it enough.

Narmy:
Quote from: soozelwoozel on 2011 April 14, 23:37:32

Ok, you know what? I am sick to death of constantly having to defend my choice of computer on these boards. It's one thing to tussle with jezzer, his hatred of the A-word is well documented, and besides he is just jealous of my hipster weave. But to be insulted by some randomer? Yeah, fuck off. I have not been hoodwinked by Apple's shiny advertising campaigns. It turns out the reason I like Macs is because I prefer OSX to Window's shitsville systems, especially Vista and Seven. I am not alone.

I have been using macs for the last two years, but bought a windows netbook for my Australian adventure because who wants to cart £1000 worth of equipment round dodgy hostels? For two years I haven't encountered any problems I couldn't fix myself. Suddenly, upon my reluctant return to Windows I discovered a host of issues. Wireless didn't work, dongle didn't work, windows firewall as per usual was running around everywhere mooning and generally cocking things up. Granted, this is just one unfortunate experience, but it is an example of why I prefer Macs.

I know Macs are overpriced, and I know Apple are evil bastards hiding under a veneer of 'hey we're so cool and charming' but you know what? I like Macs. If I can afford to buy a computer I will actually enjoy using, what's the harm in that? I paid a similar price for a high end laptop before I bought my pro and it was beset with issues from the get go. If i have to pay the price of a lesser gaming experience, then so be it. Obviously if I were a hardcore gamer, I wouldn't use a Mac. I am not some rabid fan girl, I am well aware macs have their limits. I am just sick to death of constantly having to watch the baying hordes of MATY sit around and have group wanks over how much Macs suck.

So no, I am not a moron. I have not been 'deceived by clever wordplay'. I am just a consumer who prefers Macs to PCs.

Sorry that you're insulted by the opinion of some randomer. I honestly don't care about your preference, use whatever you like the best.

That doesn't make the Apple commercials "Mac can do anything better than a PC" any less of a lie, though.

Quote from: Skadi on 2011 April 15, 01:41:49

You obviously don't use it enough.

Some people don't need their hand held by their OS.

cannedsarcasm:
Macs are like FWD/SUVs.

For every informed decision made RE: owning one and using one, there's a dozen folk who have one because they're shiny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page