More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:31:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Unable to find installed version of The Sims 3 base game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unable to find installed version of The Sims 3 base game  (Read 3905 times)
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Unable to find installed version of The Sims 3 base game
« on: 2011 May 08, 07:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new computer and just this weekend I installed the base game, Ambitions, all the patches (using the MTS patch updater, not the launcher) and CAW. I have been using CAW just fine, but when I tried editing in game, I got this message.

"Unable to find installed version of The Sims 3 base game"

Googling provides no answer, neither does a search of either MATY or MTS, unless I've been using the wrong search terms.

I suspect this might have something to do with not having EADM. I thought about the launcher, but I have it, I just don't run it. Any ideas about how to fix this would be most welcome.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Unable to find installed version of The Sims 3 base game
« Reply #1 on: 2011 May 08, 08:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try re-installing the game?  Sounds like a patch update may have spectacularly failed, hence the game not being properly detected, or you did something really stupid like installing an EP/SP, or CAW, into the base game folder and thus over writing the base game files (plenty of people have been stupid enough to actually do that and then wonder why the game doesn't work).  Have you tried running and playing the game?  Is just CAW that can't find the base game?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Unable to find installed version of The Sims 3 base game
« Reply #2 on: 2011 May 08, 10:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I used the default installation, the folders are all where they ought to be, and the game runs just fine on its own. I can play, and I can build worlds, but I can't build lots in the new world in-game. It's weird.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: