More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:48:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom colour of terrains
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom colour of terrains  (Read 3264 times)
Arky
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Custom colour of terrains
« on: 2011 April 11, 15:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there,

I have been searching through the net and haven't found any answer yet.

If you create a new neighboorhood in ts2 you can choose between some colours for your terrain: concrete, grass or desert.

My question is: Is it possible to give a neighboorhood a custom colour? Like for example a "star skin" to make your neighboorhood look like a Universe.

I hope you can help me. I wanna creata a universe with houses looking like space ships x)

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Custom colour of terrains
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 11, 17:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make replacements for the existing terrains (there are a few of these around), but I don't think you can add additional ones.
ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
Re: Custom colour of terrains
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 17, 02:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easiest way to do this is to download a terrain replacement that someone else has made and put the desired textures in place of the ones that the other person used.  Since they are default replacements anyway, there is no problem with conflicting GUIDs.

I made a terrain like this, and it works okay.  Most people seem to take the easy way out and throw the same texture in for every image in the package.  I went looking around in the game files -- in the program files, EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Textures -- and found that each neighborhood type has a lot of textures, mostly unique in subtle ways.  So now I'm working up a replacement that goes all the way back to these game files and has the same level of detail and variation.  But it's not entirely necessary. I'm doing it because I can, mainly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: