More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:12:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  TSM for TS3
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSM for TS3  (Read 351844 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: TSM for TS3
« Reply #25 on: 2011 April 12, 02:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure it's great work - but what's the point in a skin that isn't enabled for all ages?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 April 12, 14:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have the time to do it all the other night, and I have trouble with the skininator because I have windows 7, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish it. You can always either use other defaults for your kids/elders, or if you're using the non-default skin, you would have your defaults show up for those ages. So it's not like there's no way to mix and match different ages/genders in this game. I figured some people at least might like them for their teens-adults, and posted them because, as I said, I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish it.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 April 12, 21:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not Windows 7 that's making it tough to use the skinator. Do you have the latest version?
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 April 12, 22:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not Windows 7 that's making it tough to use the skinator. Do you have the latest version?

Yeah. It said that it hangs on windows 7 on the download page, so I figured that was what was doing it.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 April 13, 02:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't noticed that on the download page. It works well for me on Windows 7, I've done multiple skins, guess I've just been lucky.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 April 13, 02:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't noticed that on the download page. It works well for me on Windows 7, I've done multiple skins, guess I've just been lucky.

No, Araenna is probably just doing it wrong. Skininator works fine for me too.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 April 13, 04:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does mention some freezing with Win 7 on the download page. Maybe somebody is using an older/different version.

When running Skininator on Windows 7 you'll probably find that the file selection buttons stop responding every several files that you select. You'll have to wait for the program to start responding again. This appears to be a problem with the compiler I use to build the application and I'm trying to make the vendor aware of it.

I sing along with elevator music.
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 April 13, 13:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now working on the 2x1 bookcases and the floor mirrors.

Feedback please about the double bed: how bad is it that you can look under the blankets?

Removed old links
« Last Edit: 2012 September 11, 17:43:30 by Cocomama » Logged
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 April 13, 19:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does mention some freezing with Win 7 on the download page. Maybe somebody is using an older/different version.

When running Skininator on Windows 7 you'll probably find that the file selection buttons stop responding every several files that you select. You'll have to wait for the program to start responding again. This appears to be a problem with the compiler I use to build the application and I'm trying to make the vendor aware of it.

I'm going to try some older versions, in case that's why people aren't having problems. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong, since I've been using the program since it first came out, and never had the problem before. It is possible that it isn't Windows seven causing it, since I also have a new computer now, but I'm not sure what I have on it now that would interfere with it. The thing is, it doesn't unhang, so maybe it isn't windows 7. I'll try older versions and see how they work. *shrug*
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 April 14, 00:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The older versions are not compatible with Late Night sliders so I don't advise it.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 April 19, 16:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the skintones, but in TS3, the freckles look a lot more grayish and stand out more.  In TSM, they more closely match the base skintone in hue (more brownish than gray) and are a bit more subtle.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 April 20, 13:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two TSM gowns have been converted here: http://www.simsrooms.com/ though the link is flaky and you have to register. Someone reposted them at GOS, but I can't be bothered to find the link.
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 April 20, 13:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for everything you converted people. I'm still trying to download TSM, though.

Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 April 20, 19:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the skintones, but in TS3, the freckles look a lot more grayish and stand out more.  In TSM, they more closely match the base skintone in hue (more brownish than gray) and are a bit more subtle.

Feel free to open them up and play around with them. I don't think I played around with the color or anything of them, just resized them to fit the way TS3 maps faces, and changed the eyes because they were waaay too red.

Also, it seems I did use the version of the face with more freckles, even though I could have sworn I didn't. Once again, anyone is welcome to play with the skins and airbrush them out if they want.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 April 21, 07:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People have converted Hair here:
http://thesimsk.com/cat/hairstyle/
and
http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2011/04/sims-medieval-male-hairs-set-converted.html
http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2011/04/sims-medieval-aristocrat-long-braid.html

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 April 21, 16:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's another Medieval converted hair here: http://mybluebookblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/tsm-amhairslick-converted.html

I wish more of the hairstyles and objects were converted, but no one seems to be doing any more.
Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 April 28, 10:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will anyone be considering making a merged package file of all the S3M items? As someone totaly UnAwesome who finds herself unable to get package files to merge, I would very much apreciate anyone who has been able to do so, posting a link.
(Asking now as there is a lul in posting of items)
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 April 28, 12:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what? Why can't you merge packages?

Edited for shift key fail.
« Last Edit: 2011 April 28, 15:44:38 by katana » Logged
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2011 April 28, 15:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two TSM gowns have been converted here: http://www.simsrooms.com/ though the link is flaky and you have to register. Someone reposted them at GOS, but I can't be bothered to find the link.

I've reposted them with the artist's permission at SimsCave here: http://www.simscave.com/index.php?topic=21602.0

If you'd rather not look through all the files, someone else also uploaded just the medieval dresses here: http://www.simscave.com/index.php?topic=21530.0
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 April 28, 16:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the progress regarding items with unique animations?
Mayinca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 April 30, 01:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to open them up and play around with them. I don't think I played around with the color or anything of them, just resized them to fit the way TS3 maps faces, and changed the eyes because they were waaay too red.

Also, it seems I did use the version of the face with more freckles, even though I could have sworn I didn't. Once again, anyone is welcome to play with the skins and airbrush them out if they want.

I love your skintone, and I love the freckles in it, but I wonder, could you maybe make a vertion anatomically correct? Wink
Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 April 30, 10:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Becasue I am Un-Awesome and fail every time I ether try to turn a Sim3pack into a .package, merge batch of .package files or even try to do more than just use the compressorizer.
This is why I am using the 8 .package file set from the Store Thread, and have to wait for the Awesome folks to do anything so I can use them too.
Hence, why I was asking if anyone who is not totaly Un-Awesome like myself, has made a merged package of all the S3M items, or plans to do so in the future.
I did not say it was not possable, but just that I can not manage it due to being Un-Awesome.
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 April 30, 21:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have added some new conversions and changed some files in the 26_april_2011 folder.

Removed old link
« Last Edit: 2012 September 11, 17:44:45 by Cocomama » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 May 01, 00:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The custom launcher at MTS also merges packages. Unawesome or not, you're going to have to figure out a method sooner or later, or just live without combined packages.

I sing along with elevator music.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 May 01, 08:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cocomama, the TSMbucketCoal-26411.rar only has a screenshot in it, no actual file.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: