More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:18:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  A neighborhood free of ugly NPC?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A neighborhood free of ugly NPC?  (Read 13923 times)
OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A neighborhood free of ugly NPC?
« on: 2011 April 03, 07:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello. I am thinking about starting a new neighborhood lately, one free of ugly NPCs...
I ain't quite sure how to do it but here's what I plan:

1. download a neighborhood made by other users, which the whole town doesn't have any pre-made families
2. import only the families I created / downloaded, let them grow on their own and hopefully their offspring wouldn't deteriorate that much...
3. however service NPC will still pop up on their own, which I have no way to control how they are created...
4. also the NPC from other neighborhoods, such as in China/France/Egypt, would be out of control too.

It seems that when townies are generated, their faces are created from a certain in-game "database" or something? So that they always share similar facial features, which makes them look very ugly and like siblings, or even clones...
Is there a way to make the NPC creation skip this in-game "database"? I remember back in the Sims 2, someone created a "face template" thing, which includes a lot of better looking faces, and can make the NPC creation to base on this template. So the game will pop up better looking townies. Is there something alike for the Sims 3 too? Wink
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: A neighborhood free of ugly NPC?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 03, 16:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Ain't"?  Seriously?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 03, 17:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it amusing that with all the improper syntax on this site that is considered acceptable and even "cool", you would have a problem with "ain't"

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 April 03, 18:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's with the capitalization in, "the FaLL WinD?"

LL: a variant of LOL, liquid lunch, lesbian lover, lowlife, L.L.Bean, LL Cool J
D: dick, Detroit, douchebag, House of D

And what about the poor, "the?" Not only is it unnecessary, it's not even capitalized.

Or, is it a rail against the elision of word endings?

Or, is it supposed to be some sort of visual/intuitive thing that somehow makes the fall wind more windy, or something.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
trenchmouth
Asinine Airhead

Supposedly ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 April 03, 22:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we're supposed to yell out the capital letters?

OP: There's a solution to the "everyone in my 'hood has the same pudding face" problem.  I'll leave it to you to figure out what it is.
OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 April 04, 18:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone for their constructive feedback!

And I sincerely apologize if my stupid question, or use of words, or even my nick has bothered any of you in any way.

Have a nice day guys. Obviously some people here desperately need it.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 April 04, 19:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, it got all butthurt and changed it's name.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 April 04, 20:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone for their constructive feedback!

And I sincerely apologize if my stupid question, or use of words, or even my nick has bothered any of you in any way.

Have a nice day guys. Obviously some people here desperately need it.

Both your first* post and your username were silly. And now we have butthurt. You might be gratified to know that silly and butthurt fall into the plus column on the nice day tally.

*Whoops. I suppose silly is as silly does. In this case, Eeyore=silly.
« Last Edit: 2011 April 06, 18:05:34 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 April 05, 08:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both your fist post

Dirty!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 April 06, 01:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To keep the Pleasantview townies from populating a clean neighborhood, you need to go into your program files and rename N001 to N001_bak. For completely clean Maxis neighborhoods, look in the Peasantry for clean templates. To keep ugly NPCs from generating, go to Mod the Sims and download some face templates you like. These will replace the Maxis faces.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 April 06, 01:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To keep the Pleasantview townies from populating a clean neighborhood, you need to go into your program files and rename N001 to N001_bak. For completely clean Maxis neighborhoods, look in the Peasantry for clean templates. To keep ugly NPCs from generating, go to Mod the Sims and download some face templates you like. These will replace the Maxis faces.
Yes, but this was about TS3, not TS2.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 April 06, 03:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sunset Valley is a prequel to Pleasantview, so the townies are Goths and Crumplebottoms and Bachelors and Calientes etc. I guess at some point the whole town moved.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 April 06, 03:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, geez. Tired posting is FAIL.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 April 06, 04:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ermmm, actually, I was wondering about this too.

If you started your TS3 neighbourhood again, what templates and things would you import in?  If the memories for Generations is true, I am totally back in the game and plan on giving TS3 a go.  Again.  I think I'm some sort of sucker for punishment.

I figure I'll need face default replacements, do I need body ones as well?  Skins? Eyes? Male genitalia? Any advice for a TS3 noob?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 April 06, 07:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. This thread is now akshully about TS3, so I'll move it back to the appropriate place. This is a well-travelled thread.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 April 06, 07:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lady Frontbum and Aikea Guinea have made some very nice default replacement skins.  I think you can find them on Sexy Sims and GoS.  Sexy Sims has two different peen meshes that require compatible skins to display correctly.  Lady Frontbum's Naughty and Nice skin is compatible with both.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 April 06, 12:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. This thread is now akshully about TS3, so I'll move it back to the appropriate place. This is a well-travelled thread.

Bloody F! I was all like WHERE'S MAH POST.  Had to look up my profile last posts.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: