More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:01:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Converting/replacing Sims3Pack installed files with .package files question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Converting/replacing Sims3Pack installed files with .package files question  (Read 4473 times)
Sifaradia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Converting/replacing Sims3Pack installed files with .package files question
« on: 2011 March 31, 14:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely DETEST the launcher.  I want to never have to use it again and be able to organise and manage my cc with the ease of the ability to put it all in proper folders, etc.  Plus, something finally broke the fucking thing and I cannot install new Sims3Packs, or uninstall crap through it, although I can still successfully install/uninstall CC .package files just fine.

My question is:  supposing I finally figure out how to convert/extract the package files from Sims3packs -- I'm on a Mac and Delphy's multi installer (mono) maybe works 30% of the time, telling me there is nothing to extract even though the content installed from the packs works fine in the game -- and 3viewer sort of works,  would it be safe for me to dump all the .dbc files in the DCCache folder after installing all the corresponding .package files, or would this completely bugger up the game?  The CC installed via the launcher consists basically of residential lots, furniture, clothes and hair, and some patterns that came with the lots.  Also, I plan to reduce the amount of needless rubbish I was never interested in as well - for example, decor that came with furniture sets - so the .package files won't exactly represent the entirety of what is now in the DCCache folder.  So, would this just blow up my game?

Incidentally, in case this is relevant, the error I suddenly started getting from the bloody thing is:

Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

and then:

Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0057b056.
Do you wish to debug it ?

...but then the game loads up fine.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
Re: Converting/replacing Sims3Pack installed files with .package files question
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 31, 17:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0057b056.
Do you wish to debug it ?

I remember getting a similar message when I tried to load the game from the launcher when my Internet connection was down. But in that case my game would NOT load.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Sifaradia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Converting/replacing Sims3Pack installed files with .package files question
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 31, 17:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Eeyore
I remember getting a similar message when I tried to load the game from the launcher when my Internet connection was down. But in that case my game would NOT load.

I ALWAYS refuse to allow the game to connect to the internets, so that's not a variable in my case.  The error just popped up two days ago when I tried to install a package.  That's not bothering me as much as getting rid of the damn things all together. By things I mean Sims3packs and by damn I mean motherfuckingcocksuckingpaininmyass things.  This is how angry and frustrated I am at the bastard who came up with them and the launcher, and the horse he rode in on.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: