More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:05:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Barnacle Bay is Messed Up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Barnacle Bay is Messed Up  (Read 14363 times)
ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
Barnacle Bay is Messed Up
« on: 2011 March 14, 14:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with Barnacle Bay. For some reason, just out of the blue, Barnacle Bay produces building addresses and sim names with a long string of words. Something along the lines of Gameplay/Excel/Sim/Laura and blah blah blah. I was afraid to ask on Sims 3 forums as I didn't technically purchase this piece, but what may be the cause of this and how can I fix it. I thought it was just in Barnacle Bay, but even when I use sims from Barnacle Bay and transfer them to another town, the string of text is still there. It wasn't like this at first, so I tried to uninstall, and re-install Barnacle Bay, but no luck.

If you look in the mirror and dislike what you see, simply get plastic surgery. BWAH HA HA HA HAA!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Barnacle Bay is Messed Up
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 14, 15:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not an AwesomeMod problem. Also, you fail at ARR.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 14, 19:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fail at what? And the only reason I posted it here is because it didn't start until awesomemod was installed.

If you look in the mirror and dislike what you see, simply get plastic surgery. BWAH HA HA HA HAA!!
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 14, 21:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fail at what? And the only reason I posted it here is because it didn't start until awesomemod was installed.

Stealing. You are bad at stealing. You are also bad at words, and reading them.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 15, 07:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that, too, in a legit BB purchase. At first I thought that this was due to a damaged download but after two re-installs of the game and three re-downloads of BB it is still there.
In this case it only affects formerly homeless Sims that were moved into town by SP and it only shows in those households' household descriptions. I didn't test this without AM but it seems that BB is special in this respect because it is the only EA world where I have noticed that homeless households are supposed to have household descriptions that are visible in Edit Town. These are identical to the respective Sim's Sim description, however, (something that I haven't noticed in the other worlds either - homeless Sims with Sim descriptions) and so I assumed that this is a failure to transfer this piece of text from the Sim description into the household description upon immigration. It's not consistent either because in three different BB saves I had this with different households.
ILikeChocolateMilk
Asinine Airhead

I like choklit milk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 17, 16:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So no one knows what the problem is? Huh

Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 March 17, 18:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone else notice that when you are playing BBay that all your cache files still say 1 KB like when you first start the game up? As soon as I went to a different town they went up to normal numbers.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 March 17, 22:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because Barnacle Bay, Riverview and any custom worlds use dynamic caches in the WorldCaches folder.
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 March 17, 22:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because Barnacle Bay, Riverview and any custom worlds use dynamic caches in the WorldCaches folder.

Ah, ok. Didn't know that. B-Bay is the first custom world I've played at any length. Still a completely messed up world though.  Wink
shadowelements
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 March 23, 15:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, ok. Didn't know that. B-Bay is the first custom world I've played at any length. Still a completely messed up world though.  Wink

Barnacle Bay isn't really messed up, you just fail at ARRing. My world is fine, I have no string names in the game and everything is wonderful.  Cheesy Wink

Hey girl hey?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 March 23, 16:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Barnacle Bay isn't really messed up...

Maybe not in the technical sense, but aesthetically?  Yeah.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
shadowelements
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 March 23, 17:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe not in the technical sense, but aesthetically?  Yeah.

In the sense of Barnacle Bay being an EA world, it is fine. Nothing over the top, turn a world out in a week and sell it. Far from pleasing, agreed.

At the same time, when you get something for free, as with most people who use ARR content, you can't really complain. That's how I was raised anyways.

Hey girl hey?
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 March 23, 19:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you just fail at ARRing.

You're an idiot. B-Bay being messed up is my opinion (apparently shared by quite a few people) and it has nothing to do with failing at ARRing. And unless you haven't noticed, whether we pay for things or not we complain if things suck. God forbid someone be truthful. It's EA, not some charitable foundation that actually does good things, that we're criticizing. Complain or don't, not paying for it still makes you a thief so who cares?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 March 23, 19:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this particular case, paying for it would make someone a moron, particularly when they added two staircases, slapped on a $20 pricetag, and stuck it in stores like it was a brand-new SP.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 March 23, 20:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and stuck it in stores like it was a brand-new SP.

This still mystifies me. I have friends who rushed out to get it and I tried explaining to them how stupid and crazy it is but they wouldn't listen to reason. MUST BUY EVERYTHING EA PUTS ON CD.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 March 24, 18:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This still mystifies me. I have friends who rushed out to get it and I tried explaining to them how stupid and crazy it is but they wouldn't listen to reason. MUST BUY EVERYTHING EA PUTS ON CD.

Although apparently, according to Jud over at Simprograms, there wasn't a CD. Just a plastic case and a redeemable code.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 March 24, 19:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although apparently, according to Jud over at Simprograms, there wasn't a CD. Just a plastic case and a redeemable code.

That's even more pathetic.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 March 24, 21:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll bet mods at the BBS are standing by to ban people for complaining about it.

shadowelements
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 March 24, 23:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this particular case, paying for it would make someone a moron, particularly when they added two staircases, slapped on a $20 pricetag, and stuck it in stores like it was a brand-new SP.

Even with a EA 20$ off coupon?

Hey girl hey?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 March 24, 23:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you're not really paying for it.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 March 25, 01:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this was a coupon you could use for anything created by EA, and you choose to use it to obtain Barnacle Bay, then yes: you are a moron.

shadowelements
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 March 25, 01:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this was a coupon you could use for anything created by EA, and you choose to use it to obtain Barnacle Bay, then yes: you are a moron.

Is it really my fault EA gives out 20$ off coupons like candy?

You order something, call up about the order. Here is a 20$ off coupon for your troubles.
You order something, give false praise about the order. Here is a 20$ off coupon for your continued support.

Roll Eyes

Hey girl hey?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: