More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:05:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Sims Medieval
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 224691 times)
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #225 on: 2011 May 13, 00:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimMoon you can get a copy of the nocd exe from game copy world that should fix your problem Smiley

Axe murdered since 2006
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2011 May 15, 19:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This does not bode well for my intelligence but I bought the game. Downloaded it. It had no executionable file to launch the game from the game launcher. EA worked on this (instead of giving me a copy of the file and letting me drop it in my folder) for a week. Nothing. So my bro buys it for me because I played the sims so much. HA .. installed from disc and NO EXE. It has to be a problem on my computer but I have no idea what it could be and after sending in everything but a computer autograph to EA, they STILL don't have a clue. I know, I know.. whats new? I'd love to play it. It looks "swell".
Still trying to figure out where the damn chest is when I get to the Computer Room to leave the bribe in Sims 3 World Adventures

SimMoon, missing and still alive.

Windows 7 right? What do you mean by "no executionable file" - is that an error message the launcher gives you or are you not finding TSM.EXE, or whatever it is, to launch the game directly? I think 7 defaults to hiding file extensions of known types so it might just show as "TSM". Do you not have a Start menu or Desktop shortcut to launch the game from? Are you answering "No" to any User Access Control prompts during launch or even installation of the game?

I'm out of ideas.
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2011 May 18, 20:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.. installed from disc and NO EXE.

I'm not sure what OS you are using.  Navigate to (or cut and paste in the run box)
For x86,    "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin\"
For x64,    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin\"

Once you are there, double click on tsm.exe or if you only see 2 tsm files, double click on the tsm file that has the sim plum-bob icon.

Also, different OEM companies do funky things when it comes to windows 7 and games, if that's what you have.
Click start > and look for a games button, click it >  in games it shows current games that have been associated with windows.  On my windows 7 rig, the TSM icon has been installed in there, but also on my desktop.  It is possible that your rig has kept the icons from being installed to the desktop.  I think vista also has this.... *cough* feature...
Dysthe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2011 June 02, 23:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, you mentioned you had an awesome mod prototype. Could you please put it up? I know it's a small, bare game, but your contributions through awesome mod might make it slightly more playable. And there isn't much alternative in the way of global mods...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2011 June 06, 14:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one, but it didn't go anywhere and I didn't keep up with the patches, because the game was just that bad and most of the content was incompatible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
radiancestar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2011 June 10, 22:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all,

Is there any expansions yet for the Sims Medieval? I don't believe there is, and has any creators (new ones included) thought of making custom content for the Sims Medieval? I really do like that game a lot, but I stopped playing it because it got a little boring after awhile. You're basically doing the same thing over and over again until you level up in Monarchy, Smithy, etc. That's my point of veiw for the game.

\"Give me a place to stand, and I can change the world.\"
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2011 June 13, 18:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, against my better judgment, I bought TSM.  Installed, patched, everything works fine... but it won't save.  If I click "save," I get the "wait" icon for about a second, then it goes away.  "Save As," it asks me for a file name, same thing.  Save and Quit won't do a thing - in fact, when I tried to do that, I ended up having to shut the game down via the task manager.

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than "kill it with fire")?

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2011 June 14, 04:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From memory, it won't save until you finish the tutorial. Have you finished the tutorial before you tried to save the game?
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2011 June 14, 04:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From memory, it won't save until you finish the tutorial. Have you finished the tutorial before you tried to save the game?

I did, yes.  Yesterday I got all the way through the first quest with the Monarch and into the first quest with the Knight.  Nothing saved. 

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2011 June 14, 04:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried playing an unpatched game? Are you using any mods? No one else seems to have this problem.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2011 June 14, 18:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried playing an unpatched game? Are you using any mods? No one else seems to have this problem.

I have no mods at all, but I haven't tried an unpatched game. That honestly did not occur to me.  I'll give that a shot and see what happens.  Thank you for the suggestion.

fushizen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2011 June 27, 17:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ignored this game for ages (in relative terms for a Sims release, anyway) expecting it to be hopelessly shite... then finals came and I bought it! *HURR DE HERP HURR I'm a good student!* ... I've been addicted since, TSM is outrageously fun. 
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2011 July 07, 19:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

L &  P: Several Sims sites are reporting that ESRB has already rated an EP called "Pirates and Nobles" and that it's listed as available on several gaming sites starting 8/30/2011.  Some of the reports link to an Amazon page, but the page is gone now.  Personally, I will believe it when I see it.  I don't know why they'd do pirates, unless it's the classic move of "hey!  We had it in all the other games and won't need to do new interactions!" But if the rumors that there is a new EP are true, I hope the rumors that there will be an interrogation chair are also true.  

I think the pets rumors really are rumors, courtesy of the people who have to have goddamn Pets all the time.

EDIT:  SOB!  There really IS an Amazon page!

Edit again:  Yep, it's real, EA announced it via livestream.  And the parrots and falcons are real, too.
« Last Edit: 2011 July 07, 20:26:59 by professorbutters » Logged

basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2011 July 07, 20:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they announced Pirates & Nobles a few minutes ago at their Summer Showcase.

And if you mean pets in TS3, EA already announced that pack back in June. The release date is set to October 25th, I believe.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2011 July 07, 21:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they announced Pirates & Nobles a few minutes ago at their Summer Showcase.

And if you mean pets in TS3, EA already announced that pack back in June. The release date is set to October 25th, I believe.

No, I meant that the announcement and other preliminary info stated that there would be parrots and falcons.  Visions of parrots rotting away, as they always seem to do.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2011 July 08, 00:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moar bloody long lists of jobs to do: "Treasure Hunting, complete with maps, shovels, rare treasure and some surprising dangers"

I wish they'd stop trying to make the sims FRANCHISE into an rpg.

Edited for claerics with reading comprehension issues.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 05, 08:01:03 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2011 July 20, 21:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still wouldn't play it unless someone makes a save game editor so I can build my town and its health without going through the stupid quests.  Even the kp cheat isn't that effective, since with low kingdom health all my sims are constantly emo when playing sandbox quest.. :/

Would love to see some kind of mod action on this game, because it does have a little potential.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: 2011 August 04, 21:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hope that EA will keep all the questy crap in Medieval rather than shoving it into TS3. I don't mind small doses of quests, but if I wanted quests I'd play WoW not the Sims.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2011 August 04, 21:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  They're totally trying to turn TS3 into an RPG.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: 2011 August 04, 21:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the skills and the basic opportunities [teach an art class], but the collection quests are a bit OCD. I loathe the photography skill too - far to much 'work'.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2011 August 04, 23:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When is TSM going to get pianos and diving boards?  I can't believe EA left them out.  What a rip-off.

Vole sporking.  No longer needed now that he is safely back in his pen.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 06, 01:08:11 by jeromycraig » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2011 August 06, 00:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as you've put TSM into TS3  I should imagine.
I wouldn't hold your breath for any official upgrade such as that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2011 August 06, 02:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the skills and the basic opportunities [teach an art class], but the collection quests are a bit OCD. I loathe the photography skill too - far to much 'work'.
Those were in TS2, too. You're not actually compelled to do any of those things, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JanetteRaven
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2011 September 04, 14:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did anyone pre-order this?  I was hoping to get the code for the pre-order items if anyone can share it.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2011 September 07, 22:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any pre-order codes that I know of. I hesitate to recommend the Official Boards, and it is full of an awful lot of crap, plus the moderators stomp on everything.  But some of the regular posters know a good deal about the game.  MTS also has a dedicated forum.

I like the game, actually, although it is hellishly buggy.  MATY isn't the place to get info about it, though, unless you want TSM items converted for TS3.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: