More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:51:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Custom Worlds not showing up in Main Menu
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Worlds not showing up in Main Menu  (Read 8808 times)
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
Custom Worlds not showing up in Main Menu
« on: 2012 January 09, 18:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a while now, my Custom Worlds (including Riverview and Hidden Springs) are not showing up in the main menu drop-down list when I try and create a new town. The only hoods which are available are the Base Game and EP ones. The custom towns are all installed fine via the launcher - old saves work, and I even got Arkham to work by using a clean save file someone gave me. However, when I tried the same method with another hood, it didn't work.

I've searched but I can't seem to find anything about this issue. At first I put it down to weird Mac voodoo, but now I quite want to play in some other hoods and it is pissing me off. Any ideas how I can fix this? Taking out cc does nothing to help.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Custom Worlds not showing up in Main Menu
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 09, 21:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since the beginning I've had issues with .Worlds showing in game. I drop them in the install folders in \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds. This doesn't work with Riverview or Hidden Springs, you get string issues. You can get Arkham or Jerico to work this way though. So at least it's something to do until you figure out where the fuck up is.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 09, 22:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm experiencing the same problem as sooze.  I can install custom worlds like Jfadeland, but I can't install Riverview.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
soozelwoozel
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 09, 22:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does jfadeland show up under your main menu list? Because I can install all the worlds without error messages, but they don't show up in the Main Menu. They must be there, because I installed Arkham after I noticed this happening, and yet it works with a save file plopped in my Saves folder.

morriganrant, I will try your method. Cheers. I only need to use the .world file for this, correct? Right now, only Sunset Valley is in \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 January 10, 01:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does jfadeland show up under your main menu list? Because I can install all the worlds without error messages, but they don't show up in the Main Menu. They must be there, because I installed Arkham after I noticed this happening, and yet it works with a save file plopped in my Saves folder.

morriganrant, I will try your method. Cheers. I only need to use the .world file for this, correct? Right now, only Sunset Valley is in \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

Yep, just grab the .world file from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds and drop it in \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds. That should be all you need. I install them with the launcher, grab them from Installed Worlds and then drop them in the other folder. So far only EA worlds have issue with this, I believe this to be related to information the launcher puts in the .dbc files, that's just a theory though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 January 10, 03:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me - can't remember specifically when but it was before Pets came out but it may have been after the first Store patch.

At first I just tried to reinstall but would get the message that the world was already installed. So then I uninstalled all my custom worlds from the launcher and then reinstalled them again from the launcher, and after that they showed up in the drop down menu and I haven't experienced any problems since then. Morriganrant's method may also work just fine, just thought I'd share my experience also.

Edit: I moved any saved games I wanted to keep to another location first, then put them back after the reinstall.
soozelwoozel
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 January 10, 12:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so using the ".world file in gamedata" method allowed me to open and play in a new custom world. However, when I saved it and exited back to the Main Menu, the new save file is not showing up. I guess it's time to try Tangie's way.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 January 10, 16:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so using the ".world file in gamedata" method allowed me to open and play in a new custom world. However, when I saved it and exited back to the Main Menu, the new save file is not showing up.

Weird, mine do not do that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: