More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:35:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Game won't load after installing the Awesome Mod.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game won't load after installing the Awesome Mod.  (Read 14283 times)
Benjaminha
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Game won't load after installing the Awesome Mod.
« on: 2011 March 22, 05:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed all of the rules to download the Awesome Mod and after I downloaded it, I tried to start up my Sims 3 game and the loading screen sat there for hours. The bar to load hadn't moved the slightest bit and I can't find a solution anywhere.
Did anyone else have this problem? And how do I fix it?
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Game won't load after installing the Awesome Mod.
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 22, 05:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Framework Fail. Please try again.

ksstrek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 22, 13:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem. I have installed and reinstalled the framework, and it works for CC and other mods that I have tried.  I did remove those other mods when trying AM, in case of possible conflict, but when AM is installed the game does not open. 

Am I putting it in the wrong folder?  I have put it in the folder with the package files, the same folder that contains the no mosaic mod.  Is there a more specific place it needs to be in order to work properly?
trenchmouth
Asinine Airhead

Supposedly ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 22, 21:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I putting it in the wrong folder?  I have put it in the folder with the package files, the same folder that contains the no mosaic mod.  Is there a more specific place it needs to be in order to work properly?

Yes.  Read the most current set of instructions and follow them carefully.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 23, 04:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download a fresh version of AM and go through your install steps again.

Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 April 05, 04:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar problem.  I'm running XP SP2, on a machine that used to have no issues at all with Sims 3.  I have a fresh install, fully patched, all eps and sps except for OLS, and a tried-and-working framework.  I currently only have NRAAS' No CD mod, and Rick's No Intro mod installed.  The game loads up fine with those in place.  However, when I drop in AM, the game refuses to even reach the loading screen.  It stalls out at the pre-loading, pre-intro black screen with the 'waiting' hourglass cursor, and hangs there doing absolutely nothing until I Ctrl-Alt-Del out of it and kill the process.

Other than tight pants (which I am not currently wearing), does anyone have any ideas what it could be?  If I have to wait for the next AM update, so be it, but I'll be utterly miserable playing vanilla until then.  I hope that warms the FOJ's cockles to know that.  AwesomeMod rocks my world, and doing without it is torture!

-----
This sig don't say nothing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 April 05, 07:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're really patched right up, then it's a framework fail. Srsly.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 April 05, 16:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to edit my first post to add this information, but for some reason it wouldn't save the edits, so I had to wait for someone to reply, so I wouldn't get jumped on for double-posting.

My disks are all store-bought (my sister is the one who keeps paying for them, not me -- I borrow hers).  I downloaded all the patches from MTS (I never open the launcher, nor install the EADM).  My framework is:  'My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages', with my only Resource.cfg directly under 'Mods'.  The framework is correct, I'm afraid.  I have put nothing in the 'Program Files' directories except for 3booter and fpslimiter.  I do not have d3dx9_31.dll anywhere, as we don't need that anymore.

Before I uninstalled, I made a backup of my 'My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3' folders from my previously-working game.  Then, after uninstalling, I scoured the registry for any mention of TS3.  I defragged my hard drives twice each, both the one where the programs reside and the one where my 'My Documents' lives.  After re-installing,  I have not put in any CC, and have started with no mods except for the No Intro and the No CD, and have been testing my other mods one at a time.  Any other mod I put in place works - the game loads just fine.  Of course, I haven't tested many of them, yet, having only re-installed last night, but the ones I've put in work just fine, except for AM.  Whenever I put in AM, the game simply refuses to even reach the loading screen at all, even when using 3booter+fpslimiter instead of directly starting TS3EP03.exe.  I have deleted the cache files, which is my first line of troubleshooting.  My Resource.cfg file references 'Packages/', not 'Mods/Packages'.  It has five levels of 'Packages/*/*/*/*/*',because I have a lot of CC sorted out to be added later, so that's covered, too.  I've checked and double-checked, and tried everything I've learned by lurking here for years, and then I've triple-checked, and yes, I have searched.  I'm not the first one to feel that the search options for this board are pretty sucky, but I have searched.

Since it's never AM (because it never is, is it?), and since everything else is up-to-date, and since everything else is, apparently, correct, what am I missing?  I mean, I'll keep trying with fresh downloads of AM, but still ... what else should I be looking for?  What am I missing, here?

-----
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 April 05, 16:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not put in any CC, and have started with no mods except for the No Intro and the No CD, and have been testing my other mods one at a time.  Any other mod I put in place works - the game loads just fine.  Of course, I haven't tested many of them, yet, having only re-installed last night, but the ones I've put in work just fine, except for AM.

Since it's never AM (because it never is, is it?), and since everything else is up-to-date, and since everything else is, apparently, correct, what am I missing?  I mean, I'll keep trying with fresh downloads of AM, but still ... what else should I be looking for?  What am I missing, here?

If you place other mods in and they work, but things fall apart when you add AM it sounds like tightpants.  Also, if AM was the cause of the problem, there would be more than just you complaining about it as it would be affecting everyone.  Perhaps if you, like everyone else with this problem, gets off their high horse about everything else being just perfect and accept that they fucked up, you might do better problem solving.  When you have a problem, NEVER assume you have done anything right, assume everything is wrong.
« Last Edit: 2011 April 07, 18:47:47 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 April 05, 17:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need a no-CD mod with AM...
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 April 05, 17:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need a no-CD mod with AM...

It said it got Sims 3 to run without AM using a different no-CD mod, but when it put AM in it stopped working.

I hope it took out duplicate mods for the same function. I don't know that they would fight with each other and prevent the game from starting, but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 April 05, 18:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallanian no-CD and AwesomeMod's will work together just fine, although it would be rather redundant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 April 05, 21:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not redundant if you turn off No-CD in AM.  That's what I do, since the No-CD works with any patch level or ep/sp.

I do NOT know what I did wrong, nor why what I did fixed it, but it's working now.  Installing yesterday's AM (as opposed to the version previous, which was what I had downloaded on Sunday) still didn't fix the problem.  Finally, I deleted my framework, which had been a copy from my working backup from before I uninstalled the game, then I dropped a fresh copy of the SAME FRAMEWORK back into place again, and suddenly it's working now.  I just do not understand that.  Same framework, copied from the same source, no changes whatsoever, and now it's working again.  I'm just boggled.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be able to play again with AwesomeMod in place.  :-)

-----
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 April 05, 21:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure not only the latest ep is fully patched but all the previous ones too. Don't just run the patches and accept the games assurances that patching happened get the patching tool to double check - it's around here somewhere.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 April 09, 16:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not redundant if you turn off No-CD in AM.  That's what I do, since the No-CD works with any patch level or ep/sp.
Why would you bother turning it off? The mechanism works exactly the same.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 April 09, 22:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she thinks that by turning off your no-CD she can bypass the post-patch Awesome mod incompatability stage.

Ms_Tamany - it's all the other functionality that needs to be updated then.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 April 10, 06:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@MadamMim - that is exactly the reason why I turn of AM's no-cd and go with NRAAS' mod, for the post-patch AM incompatibility, yes.

Anyway, as I said a few posts back, I got it working again by putting in a fresh copy&paste of the self-same framework I already had in place.  I have no idea why that worked, but it did.

-----
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 April 13, 05:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@MadamMim - that is exactly the reason why I turn of AM's no-cd and go with NRAAS' mod, for the post-patch AM incompatibility, yes.

Anyway, as I said a few posts back, I got it working again by putting in a fresh copy&paste of the self-same framework I already had in place.  I have no idea why that worked, but it did.
Why would you play TS3 without AM, especially after a patch where they tend to introduce more bugs than they fix.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 April 13, 11:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This does not really cover why you bother to turn it OFF, since you could just leave it alone for the same effect.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 April 13, 15:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you play TS3 without AM, especially after a patch where they tend to introduce more bugs than they fix.

Your misconception here is that you expect logic.  This thread is a demonstration of the OP's logic-fail.  The OP will not likely even understand why you are asking this question.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: