More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:43:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Door/windows stop showing through walls... and crash
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Door/windows stop showing through walls... and crash  (Read 3233 times)
Sifaradia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Door/windows stop showing through walls... and crash
« on: 2011 March 21, 19:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, I have yet to even play the game for the first time - I am still preparing my hood, creating houses and furnishing and decorating them.  I've created all my custom sims and have moved all but one fambly in. 

I was finishing customising the last lot (which I downloaded from MTS) using a default game door, a cc door, cc windows and one default game window, when some of the windows and doors stopped creating the space they're supposed to create when plugging them in the walls so you can see through them.  Basically, they appear imbedded in the wall and you can still see the wall where there's supposed to be empty space.  Soon after this began, the game just craps out without giving me an error message or anything, taking me straight back to the finder.

My question is the obvious one:  anyone know what this means?  Is there an easy fix to this, like a debug or reset command? Is something corrupted?  Is the crashing and the door/window issue even related or is it a coincidence?  This happens with both doors (EAxian and CC), but just the CC windows.  I tried using another set of windows but the game still crapped out.  On this lot, I've managed to furnish about half of it, mostly with cc.  I'm assuming this is just a problem with this lot because I've spent hours with the other lots and everything worked fine, although using different objects, again, mostly cc.  This particular lot is a "medieval village" looking lot which I would love to be able to still use so I'd prefer to fix it if possible before dumping it and using something else.

The cc windows and doors are the medieval set from MTS, Crusade doors from TSR and Bistro windows again, from TSR.  The EAxian door that also got buggered is the wooden, rustic looking one.

I have all expansions except for HEL, running them on a MacBook Pro 5, 1; MacOSX 10.6.6. Again, I haven't even begun playing yet, so this is after a fresh installation.  The game is fully updated (as far as the launcher tells me: 6.2.4.010001) and in case this is at all relevant, I am playing Riverview.

Thanks for the help.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Door/windows stop showing through walls... and crash
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 21, 19:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've broken it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 21, 19:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is old news, search moar.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 21, 20:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...when some of the windows and doors stopped creating the space they're supposed to create when plugging them in the walls so you can see through them.

This happens to me when I have moveobjects on. If this is also what's happening to you, just click on the offending window/door again (without moving it) and it should clear up.

As for your CTD, please use the search box at the top of this page.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Sifaradia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 21, 22:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People, I did use the search and all that came up was a whole bunch of irrelevant crap and definitely not an actual solution.  If there is a thread discussing this with an actual way to fix it and I've been unable to find it - and apparently there is since this is what a couple of you have communicated - could someone then direct me to it?  I'd greatly appreciate it.

@Eeyore:  at first I thought this was the case but I've restarted a few times (after the crashes) with moveobjects definitely off but it doesn't work or change anything and the crash still ensues.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 21, 22:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Inge is right: you've broken it. Your next step should definitely be fixing it.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: