More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 02:43:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Updating other people's CC?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updating other people's CC?  (Read 3716 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Updating other people's CC?
« on: 2011 March 21, 10:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've fallen inlove with the bunkbed, futon and fences from this site http://sugichaco.web.fc2.com/img/objects/download_objects2.html however the issue I am having is that they don't install, or if I use other means to install them, don't appear (lag my game). The sims 3 pack is giving me that old BS "update your game" excuse, I tried using MultiPack Installer, and that just caused the object to not show up in my game, and cause it to lag the game. I've actually had problems with quite a few objects since getting Outdoor Stuff.
I don't understand why the bunk isn't working, as it's a clone and new mesh of Inge's bunkbed, which works perfectly in my game with no problems.

What I am basically asking here, is what is the protocol, or how do I go about, updating these items myself so I can actually USE them in my game.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: Updating other people's CC?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 21, 10:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those beds at least work fine for me. I use package versions of them, (created with the multi-installer you mentioned) and haven't noticed any unusual lagging. I'm also completely patched, and have OLS. Have you ruled out all other possible reasons for the objects to be acting strangely? Do they conflict with anything you already have? Try re-downloading and converting them to package again?

And, if there actually is a problem, after you have ruled out everything else, frankly the best thing to do is to try and contact the creator. According to her blog, she may be difficult to reach for now though. MTS has a few object making/converting guides somewhere if you actually do need to remake the thing to fix it.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 21, 10:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm well I am currently in the process of removing EVERYTHING from my Mods folder, and redownloading and reinstalling all my EA store items. I ran the compatability checker, and no conflicts were found, so I'm really confused here, hopefully this fixes the issue.

Nope. So I've reinstalled EVERY one of my mods, there are no conflicts with this object at all, Inge's bunkbed turns up, but the copy does not. I have no idea what the hell is going wrong here, it's driving me crazy.

Edit: AHAH! Fixed! Apparently Decrapifying the files did something to them that caused them not to work...so I took a plunge and decided I would try without decrapifying them, and voila, it worked!
« Last Edit: 2011 March 21, 14:52:29 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 22, 21:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange. I'm using decrapified versions of Sugichaco's bunk beds in package format. They show up fine and don't cause any noticeable lag for me. Also, I remember reading that you don't want to mix and match decrapified/crapified files in your game.

I sing along with elevator music.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 22, 22:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting that pausie pausie lag the other day so I tried the process watch program that has been recommended here before - for me it was Jinx's rabbit hole rugs being loaded over and over again. I put them into a combined file and the lag stopped.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 22, 23:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried those files (plus the LEGO collection from Sugichaco) and Sims3 would take forever to load. Process monitor showed that those files were accessed several million times.
So I ran them through the Compressorizer Deluxe and joined them through S3PE and that seemed to have resolved the issue on my computer. My game loads and runs just like it did before I added those files. (The access count went down to ~100 IIRC).

-DG
« Last Edit: 2011 March 23, 00:14:44 by Leticron » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: