More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:56:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Upgraded computer, now the game is running worse than ever
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Upgraded computer, now the game is running worse than ever  (Read 3536 times)
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Upgraded computer, now the game is running worse than ever
« on: 2011 March 17, 21:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had a PC semi-custom built after an attempt to upgrade my power supply unit and graphics card went sour (stupid HP case and motherboard were too small). I now have a case designed for gaming with four fans, a new motherboard, a 600W power supply unit, a GeForce GTX 460 and 8 gigs of RAM. My Processor is an AMD Athlon(TM) II X4 620 (3 CPUs) ~2.6 GHz (I kept the processor from my old PC).

Theoretically, the game should be running great, right? However, after reinstalling it and copying over my downloads/the Awesomemod framework/etc., I'm finding the game basically unplayable. It freezes constantly, just for a few seconds, but it's annoying and happens most often when I try to zoom in or out, move the camera, switch between characters or choose an action. When I opened taskmaster, I noticed the CPU is jumping between very low and 100% usage. It only does this when Sims 3 is running- it hasn't happened when I play other computer games like Dragon Age 2, surf the internet or watch videos.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? What can I do to make my game run more smoothly- or at least be playable without constant freezing?
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Upgraded computer, now the game is running worse than ever
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 17, 21:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a new town, or a previous one you were using?
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 17, 21:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new town (I'm using Jfadeland). I wanted to start fresh to test things out.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 17, 21:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had a PC semi-custom built after an attempt to upgrade my power supply unit and graphics card went sour (stupid HP case and motherboard were too small). I now have a case designed for gaming with four fans, a new motherboard, a 600W power supply unit, a GeForce GTX 460 and 8 gigs of RAM. My Processor is an AMD Athlon(TM) II X4 620 (3 CPUs) ~2.6 GHz (I kept the processor from my old PC).

Theoretically, the game should be running great, right? However, after reinstalling it and copying over my downloads/the Awesomemod framework/etc., I'm finding the game basically unplayable. It freezes constantly, just for a few seconds, but it's annoying and happens most often when I try to zoom in or out, move the camera, switch between characters or choose an action. When I opened taskmaster, I noticed the CPU is jumping between very low and 100% usage. It only does this when Sims 3 is running- it hasn't happened when I play other computer games like Dragon Age 2, surf the internet or watch videos.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? What can I do to make my game run more smoothly- or at least be playable without constant freezing?
I'd check to make sure you don't have any corrupt CC.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 17, 22:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem. I used Process Monitor to check which game files were loading during play. Turns out some of the package files were being loaded thousands of times in the space of a few minutes. Removing them fixed the problem. The Process Monitor thread is at MTS.

Otherwise pull out all store content/worlds/CC and make a fresh Sunset Valley - if that is borked, reinstall.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: