More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:02:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is it possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it possible?  (Read 7790 times)
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
Is it possible?
« on: 2011 March 16, 21:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone I know is  interested in Marhis/Inges modded wedding arch.  Basicly they were looking for a way to 'promise' their children at an early age for marriage to another.  Not neccessarily getting marriend until their of age.  Her exact wording was
*(" What I'm kinda looking for: - Parent/guardian A 'proposes' a bethrothal to parent/guardian B between their 2 tots/children/teens/young adults.  And then when the children 'come of age' they will get married.  The children don't need to know or like each other...they just get married per the parents command.  This in turn, could give plus or negative (+/-) effects based on their personalities, relationship and interest and stuff.  It also could effect (+/-) the relationship with child and parent/guardian.
 I was kinda hoping for the interaction between the parent/guardians and the (+/-) between the parent and the child!

Arranged marriages for her medieval hood.  I thought something like a generic custom content item like a peice of old timee parchment would represent the promised arranged marriage, but she's looking for something a little deeper than that.  I'm not sure on the policy of letting other modders tweak or play with Inge's things so I wanted to run the idea by of the lot of you first.

All the voices in my head are my own voice thats what makes me different then the other crazies, who only hear 'voices'. what nutjobs.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 16, 23:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about instead of the lot of us, you run it by Inj herself?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 17, 05:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't want to necro that thread, nobodies touched it in awhile.  And yes I would have ratherred pm'd personally but I wanted maybe a more open discussion of whether this is even worth suggesting to Inge or anyone else interested in an idea without using the wedding arch.

All the voices in my head are my own voice thats what makes me different then the other crazies, who only hear 'voices'. what nutjobs.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 17, 20:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has told me that a) she is not really doing TS2 modding anymore and b) she is fine with (me, at least) modifying (a particular [different] mod of hers, at least), so it seems probable that she'd be find with letting someone else mod her wedding arch.  OTOH, you'd have to find someone who would actually want to do that.  I'm not sure how much of a difference this mod that you have in mind would make anyway, though, as it mostly just seems to be a matter of a social interaction and a few relationship points.

Also, IIRC it is fine to necro Peasantry threads if you have actual non-stupid questions/comments about the hacks/objects.  Or, you could just PM Inge, which is what I did to get the above information.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 18, 22:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the information, I am always reluctant to bother creators.  Especially those with a decent reputation.  Pm's are well personal lol, I feel bad leaving messages that are only half baked to begin with.  I was merely looking for the information that I recieved from Rufio and I appreciate you going that extra mile to ask Inge already.
sheesh.   Smiley

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 18, 23:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have a decent reputation, I am a total cow - and everyone knows it!  Is Marhis still around?  I can't remember anything about this sims2 stuff any more, sadly (or gladly, depending how you look at it)

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 March 18, 23:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real problem is this is just for one person, not a public upload.  I know how hard it is to trust someone not to reupload someone else's work after changing it.  I've told my friend to get in here and help me explain her idea lol , as for Marhis, I haven't seen his name in anything recent anywhere so far.  It's a cute idea, it's just finding someone to either start a whole new mod, or tweak a mod that has most of the wanted functions already attached has become harder to come by, short of learning it all yourself.  Everyday it seems the way to go is to grab all those programs and tutorials and hope you can rap your head around the new info to make your own mods.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 March 19, 10:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless Manhis has specifically stated otherwise, the default usage policy on MATY is "Meh", so do whatever. To view things otherwise is rather hypocritical: This is a site where we rip out, fix, and then repost broken and badly-behaved code, so why should anything we make be immune to the same?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 March 19, 18:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amusing point J.M. Pescado and thanks. 

And Inge, I don't care if your a cow, a swine, or a full blown jackass.  Your a creator!  That's more than most of us barn animals can claim.

jbeach
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 March 19, 19:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Inge, I don't care if your a cow, a swine, or a full blown jackass.  Your a creator!  That's more than most of us barn animals can claim.

I agree with HT, Inge, you're more than just a cow! We lowly peasants bow in your presence!

I am the incompetent that HT mentions about wanting this mod.

I play a Medieval 'hood, and thought it would be kinda time appropriate if the parent/guardian arranged the marriage of their child (tot/child/teen/young adult) to that of another sim.  I have googled this to some extent, but, other than several others interested in something similar, I haven't found anything - other than this arch, which came highly recommended by others. And the arch has been quite handy! I would just like to see it bumped up a little to include the possibility of additional interactions. Or if adding to the arch isn't feasible, maybe a separate mod that would work with the arch.

HT quoted my initial thoughts in the 1st post. Thanks to all for your comments.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 April 10, 04:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the sound of that too.. Ive recently resurrected my old S2 medieval 'hood since Sims Medieval was a pile of garbage. Never thought about it before, but it's a pretty cool idea ^^;

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: