More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:22:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An odd discrepancy in the FFS hacks archives?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An odd discrepancy in the FFS hacks archives?  (Read 5265 times)
tgp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
An odd discrepancy in the FFS hacks archives?
« on: 2011 April 07, 21:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there, everyone.

I recently reinstalled The Sims 2, after I pretty much reformatted my system's hard drive. I'm starting off now with The Sims 2 and the University EP (both are patched from EA's site, FYI)

Anyhow, I'm a little curious about something, that may either be a discrepancy in the UNI section of the hacks archives, or just my lack of knowledge on the particular hack I'm looking for. I've been following Blushing Rose's incredibly helpful and humorous hack description guide, and I've spied a hack that I think would be awesome - nouniprotect.package. I'm assuming the working title of it would be "No Uni Protect" or "No University Protect", which I have searched for, but have received fruitless results.

Essentially, my issue is that I can not find it in the UNI hack directories of the downloads archive. It seems to be popping up in archives for other EPs, but wouldn't one find it odd that a hack targeted towards a particular EP is not supported by it?

Afterthought: I found it mentioned in the listing of files within the moreawesomethanyou-uni.zip archive, and the hack is there, but why is it not within the /hacks/ directory?

If an administrator could possibly remedy this or explain to me why it is only in this compressed archive, I would feel much better Smiley

Thanks in advance,

tgp1994
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: An odd discrepancy in the FFS hacks archives?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 April 07, 21:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't sign your posts.  We can see who you are and do not need a reminder.  Also, you found the hack you wanted, so problem solved.  No one is going to go rearrange the archives to soothe your OCD, no one owes you an explanation for why things are the way they are, and your feeling better is very low on everyone's list of priorities.

You're very welcome.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 April 07, 22:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
tgp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 April 07, 22:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't sign your posts.  We can see who you are and do not need a reminder.  Also, you found the hack you wanted, so problem solved.  No one is going to go rearrange the archives to soothe your OCD, no one owes you an explanation for why things are the way they are, and your feeling better is very low on everyone's list of priorities.

You're very welcome.

I suppose "just because" would have worked. I wanted to confirm that the hack was infact compatible the EP I had installed and didn't require any other EPs.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 April 07, 22:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Just because" would have been much less fun to write.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
tgp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 April 07, 22:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, I suppose so.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2011 April 08, 05:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe they are all backwards compatible in general, but Pes often recommends against running the game with lots of Awesomeware until you've updated to an engine later than NL by installing a later EP or stuff pack anyway.  You could always just put it in and see if something explodes.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: