More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 14:43:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims 2 and LAA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 2 and LAA  (Read 15138 times)
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Sims 2 and LAA
« on: 2011 March 02, 21:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After spending a bit of time reading about making TS3 large address aware, I was wondering if it was possible to do something similar with TS2 in order to make it use more of the available memory. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as the game is currently designed, TS2 can't access more than 2 gigs of memory even running on a 64-bit system.

Has anyone tried making it LAA compatible or found any other ways around this?

nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Sims 2 and LAA
« Reply #1 on: 2011 March 03, 10:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting! What means LAA?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 March 03, 16:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the first post, it's pretty obvious that it means "large address aware".

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 03, 22:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 03, 23:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahahahahahaha! Yes! It was obvious... but for me! Thanks!

I hope someone can make LAA for TS2!
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 04, 00:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be in my best interests if you left this thread before it turns into a sporkfest.  Thanks. Also, you should probably forget all this LAA stuff. You seem like the sort to blow your computer up trying to follow a thread you only halfway understand.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 March 04, 00:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You clearly don't know what LAA is, therefore it would be best not to attempt to use something you don't understand,if and when it happens.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 March 04, 15:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You clearly don't know what LAA is, therefore it would be best not to attempt to use something you don't understand,if and when it happens.
[/quote]

OR I can learn!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 March 04, 16:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like you learned quote tags?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 March 05, 03:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool duck, bro.
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 March 05, 13:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like you learned quote tags?

OR better!!! Wink
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 March 05, 19:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you seem to be a slow learner, you should learn one lesson around this place-don't invite sporking, it only encourages us to do it. We have to have hobbies around here, too. Boredom sets in very easily amongst the peasantry.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 March 05, 21:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just attempted enabling LAA on sims to with information from this forum http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556. All I managed to do was bog down the rest of my system while the game was running. I may just have too much custom content, your personal mileage may very.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 March 05, 23:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since Sims 2 runs just fine without LAA, I see no reason you would need to make it so.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 March 06, 01:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since Sims 2 runs just fine without LAA, I see no reason you would need to make it so.

All the cool kids were doing it.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 March 07, 17:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just attempted enabling LAA on sims to with information from this forum http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556. All I managed to do was bog down the rest of my system while the game was running. I may just have too much custom content, your personal mileage may very.

How much RAM are you working with? Also, what OS? I also have a large amount of custom content, but it's not slowing me down half as much as my megahood. When I remove my CC folder, my load time holds at about 15 minutes to neighborhood view. I have W7x64, Intel i7 3.2 GHz Quad-Core, 12 gigs of RAM, and a Geforce GTX460. None of which can the game use.    

Perhaps not everyone is as content with mediocrity as you are.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 March 07, 23:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pc can see about 4gb of ram, I haven't tried it with an additional two gigs yet, we were having motherboard issues, so removed quite a bit in the diagnosis stages. Vista Home premium SP2, AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 GHz, Ati Radeon HD 3870. My system isn't top of the line by far, but not bad, only sims games give me any problems(with or without CC). I do run a crap load of CC at a time, so I can't comment on load time, if it loads in under 25 minutes I consider it a win. I would say that even without CC it can take over ten minutes to get into my test hood. It doesn't have much in it other then a lot of random buildings and a handful of sims. I use the hood to build houses in to move to other hoods or just test CC.
I actually wouldn't have taken issue with the LAA on the Sims 2 at all if it hadn't caused my browser to practically not function, my hood view was less laggy though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2011 May 26, 16:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pc can see about 4gb of ram, I haven't tried it with an additional two gigs yet, we were having motherboard issues, so removed quite a bit in the diagnosis stages. Vista Home premium SP2, AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 GHz, Ati Radeon HD 3870. My system isn't top of the line by far, but not bad, only sims games give me any problems(with or without CC). I do run a crap load of CC at a time, so I can't comment on load time, if it loads in under 25 minutes I consider it a win. I would say that even without CC it can take over ten minutes to get into my test hood. It doesn't have much in it other then a lot of random buildings and a handful of sims. I use the hood to build houses in to move to other hoods or just test CC.
I actually wouldn't have taken issue with the LAA on the Sims 2 at all if it hadn't caused my browser to practically not function, my hood view was less laggy though.

No matter how much memory your system have, The Sims 2 is a software developed in 32-bit plataform.
The LAA executable flag will only allow it to allocate the maximum memory that a 32-bit executable can allocate, which is 4096MB;
That is even IF your Operational System will be kind enough to allow it to fully allocate that.
And I didn't even mentioned the engine cache limit, not sure if you can modify that in The Sims 2 though.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 June 13, 11:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did those fixes for TS2 and they work just fine for me (LAA and the other one - sorry can't remember what that was).  Game has stopped crashing (huzzah).  Downside is you can't use the noCD crack anymore.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: