More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:02:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Good versions but AM doesn't working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Good versions but AM doesn't working  (Read 18011 times)
nowoman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Good versions but AM doesn't working
« on: 2010 December 24, 20:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the newest patch anh newest version of AM. When I open my Sims, they shows a message that versions doesn't match. I have to choose: Exit or next. When I click next, TS are loading but then shows another similar warning message. What I have to do? I'm sitting and trying to reapir this for three hours.

I know that somewhere in heaven, our love is perfectly planned.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
Re: Good versions but AM doesn't working
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 24, 20:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I have to do? I'm sitting and trying to reapir this for three hours.

If only you spent a fraction of that time proofreading.
nowoman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 24, 20:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I have to do? I'm sitting and trying to reapir this for three hours.

If only you spent a fraction of that time proofreading.

Sorry, but english isn't my native language.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 24, 20:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the newest patch anh newest version of AM. When I open my Sims, they shows a message that versions doesn't match. I have to choose: Exit or next. When I click next, TS are loading but then shows another similar warning message. What I have to do? I'm sitting and trying to reapir this for three hours.

If it says that your versions don't match, there is a very high likelihood that, in fact, your versions don't match.

Also: SEARCH MOAR.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 24, 21:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, what the heck.  In the holiday spirit of giving that is Grammar Day, I'll throw this noob a freebie:  when you patch your game, you have to patch every Expansion and Stuff Pack that you have as well, not just the base game.  Since the godforsaken launcher often fails to patch correctly, go to Mod The Sims, find their patch utility, and use it.

Now, go forth and noob no more.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
nowoman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 24, 21:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, what the heck.  In the holiday spirit of giving that is Grammar Day, I'll throw this noob a freebie:  when you patch your game, you have to patch every Expansion and Stuff Pack that you have as well, not just the base game.  Since the godforsaken launcher often fails to patch correctly, go to Mod The Sims, find their patch utility, and use it.

Now, go forth and noob no more.

Thanks a lot, but again - english isn't my native language! : P

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 December 24, 21:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not test my holiday beneficence.  Angry

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Keldaryth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 February 05, 16:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grammar aside, I seem to have the same problem. I've updated using the MTS Updater to 1.19/2.14/3.10 (I currently only have WA and HELS packs), which appear to be the highest I can patch to, and AM is giving me a version mismatch error. Trying to play with the game anyway leads to bugs (well, okay, expected), but as I said, so far so patched.

I'm wondering if it's expecting a later expansion, and causing a mismatch because of that? I should be getting ambitions soon, so I'll test AM again then, but my n00bishness appears to still need whacking despite patching with the MTS utility.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 February 05, 16:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem, using the MTS program to update game. I have all the EP & SPs. They are all fully up to date and I have the newest version of AM. The only difference I have is it doesn't give me the 2nd message once it's loaded. I only get the initial pop up when I turn the game on, where you can choose to quit or continue, then it will bring game back up and continue loading. I just gave it up though until a new update comes out.
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 February 05, 21:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, unless you are using the TEST version of AM, then you do NOT have the current one. Therefore, if you have a completely updated game, then the versions are obviously incompatable. Your choices then become, wait for the new version to be "officially" released or find the test version.

To the regulars: I know, I know, not supposed to help, encourages stupidity. At least I did not give the test version's location. My only excuse is that I got fed up with the damn whining.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 February 05, 21:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let it whine, it'll eventually get cheese, or poked.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 February 06, 03:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, unless you are using the TEST version of AM, then you do NOT have the current one. Therefore, if you have a completely updated game, then the versions are obviously incompatable. Your choices then become, wait for the new version to be "officially" released or find the test version.

To the regulars: I know, I know, not supposed to help, encourages stupidity. At least I did not give the test version's location. My only excuse is that I got fed up with the damn whining.

Actually for your information, I do have the test version, so therefore your logic does not hold up there. I wasn't whining either. I was just stating a fact to let the person above me know that its not because they have only those few EPs, it could happen even if you have them all.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 February 06, 03:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...it could happen even if you have them all.

Or, if you're doing it wrong.

Swat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 February 07, 21:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ignore this post, resolved.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 07, 22:09:34 by Swat » Logged
IdaAmazon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 February 07, 22:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read through this post and seem to be having the same problem as the original poster indicated, with only one minor difference.  I have the base game and all of the expansions and stuff packs, store bought, disc in hand and updated via the Mod the Sims updater.  For reasons unknown to me, AM is not functioning correctly, and has not functioned correctly since the release of Outdoor Living Stuff and its update.  I am certain the version of AM I am using is the latest, as I downloaded it the day after Outdoor Living Stuff released, and as stated previously I then used the updater from Mod the Sims.  The error claims to be mismatched core programs, and indicates that AM is the problem.  I believe there was another post in this thread from some one else who stated they also were having difficulties with non-Steam related versions, but the replies thus far have appeared to be either flames for grammar, lack of programming knowledge, and/or comments aimed at Steam users, but no real answer or suggestion has been given concerning the problem with AM not functioning correctly with updated, non-Steam version games.  

I am hoping that perhaps by drawing attention to the lack of attention being given to this part of the problem, a solution or suggestion could be provided.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 07, 22:22:12 by IdaAmazon » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 February 07, 22:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new AM is out, use it.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 February 08, 00:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am certain the version of AM I am using is the latest, as I downloaded it the day after Outdoor Living Stuff released, and as stated previously I then used the updater from Mod the Sims.  The error claims to be mismatched core programs, and indicates that AM is the problem.

You get this error because you were/are using the WRONG version of AM.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 February 08, 07:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM has been updated but Pescado apparently did not bother to update the thread. Just redownload
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 February 08, 10:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM has been updated but Pescado apparently did not bother to update the thread. Just redownload

This is nothing new, many updates to AM never get mentioned in the thread.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 February 08, 14:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

El Presidente doesn't have to announce every update, it's your job to check. Sometimes it changes daily, why do you think AM has an expiration date?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 February 08, 15:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have a TOWN CRIER for this sort of thing, but he died. Anyone else want to volunteer?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2011 February 08, 21:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could be once again related to the Steam version. As Sims 3 on Steam is one of the top Sellers, I'm sure there will be a lot of these kind of questions. Might be worth making a statement in the AM release thread that there is no Steam Support and will result in version mismatch, as like me, people wouldn't be expecting a difference. The "gameversion" info on the Steam version core scripts is 0.0.0.7, where as I believe the retail copy is 0.1.0.1089, or something like that, either way it's different.

gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 February 09, 04:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no programmer, but does the script code in steam and disc versions differ in code significantly or just the version stamp?
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2011 February 09, 15:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no programmer, but does the script code in steam and disc versions differ in code significantly or just the version stamp?

I have no idea. As the games are identical except for obvious things like CD check, one could assume that the scripts are mostly identical, however, without looking at the scripts and comparing, I couldn't say. Changing the "gameversion" stamp in Awesome to the expected value for Steam with s3pe does bypass the black-screen script compatibility warning, but still produces Awesome's built-in warning. The game appears to work correctly, and I didn't have any issues, but as I am not sure how safe it is to do this, I have decided to opt-out of using Awesome mod until I can learn more about it, to avoid breaking the game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 February 09, 17:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Steam is infamous for its poor mod compatibility. And since I ain't installing that shit on my computer, plus it wouldn't give me the game anyway, Steam is never going to be supported.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: