More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:00:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Need to get rid of a Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need to get rid of a Hack  (Read 12517 times)
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Need to get rid of a Hack
« on: 2005 July 15, 23:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Pescado,
   Probably one of the first 'help' posts on your new brilliant forum.
I have recently installed quite a few global and objects hack and one of them causes this blue skeloten to apear in the track of my sims showing there targeted location, I dont know which hack has brought this to my game and im not sure if it is one of yours or someone eles.
I would like to get rid of this hack but not sure which file it is , as most of the files in my downloads folder are just numbers.

If i had to take a guees i would say it came with the mailbox hack, it first started when i was messing with that hack, I dont think this is your hack but wondered if u knew anything about it. I unistalled the mailbox hack (well i just deleted it) but it still shows these blue skeletons.

any help would be much appreciated or if you know that it is infact a different hack could you give me the name of the file to uninstall.

Please Help!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Need to get rid of a Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 16, 00:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno anything about that, but I advise you put your intentionally downloaded hacks in a seperate subdirectory, like "hax" or something, and then systematically destroy anything that looks funny in your downloads directory.

Pherverstool can help also. Unfortunately, I don't have the link, and Phervers couldn't think of anything cool and memorable for it, like pherverstool.com or something.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 16, 00:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scan your folders with Clean Installer. Hacks will appear in red. http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

Fail.
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 16, 00:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno anything about that, but I advise you put your intentionally downloaded hacks in a seperate subdirectory, like "hax" or something, and then systematically destroy anything that looks funny in your downloads directory.

Pherverstool can help also. Unfortunately, I don't have the link, and Phervers couldn't think of anything cool and memorable for it, like pherverstool.com or something.

pherverstool.com? *spits soda everywhere* HAHA! *pictures pherverstool*

Man I must get my mind out of the gutter sometimes.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 16, 01:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does boolprop testingcheats have anything to do with this?  I remember an option when shift-clicking your sim like show paths or something.  I didn't think it did anything though.
nenechell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 16, 01:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man I must get my mind out of the gutter sometimes.

what fun would that be???

freoninferno
Asinine Airhead

Truth is a great flirt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 16, 04:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does boolprop testingcheats have anything to do with this?  I remember an option when shift-clicking your sim like show paths or something..

that's what that is... the skeltons display route indicators. whatever modification you are using is somehow displaying them without the commandline use or a pie menu. usually, the pie menu is a modded mailbox. look for anything like that, ditch it. if you have some of the odd usenet object collections in use, or just present, ditch them too just to be sure. they access the command line commands via objects, not boolprop.

I do not look like you, act like you, think like you or speak like you. Not only am I eternally grateful, I am also wondering how far you can shove that corn cob up your ass. <br /><br />Anti-Bloatware aware. Never had vista, never will. (kubuntu w an XPpro partition is the way to go!) Game = Base t
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Thanks everyboby
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 16, 09:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi again, I have now succesffuly got rid of it.
It was part of the Mailbox hack which enabled it.

I started by takin every hack i had off but it still happend so then i put them all back including mailbox and selected every posible option until it went. It ended up being the 'show routing eye targets' or something (obvious realy when i think about it.

still not sure why it came on in the first place though (unless one of my sims got bored and decided to start messin about with things, lol).

anyway, thanks alot everyboby.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: