More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:21:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Question about making famblys sacred
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about making famblys sacred  (Read 9225 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Question about making famblys sacred
« on: 2011 February 24, 16:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new large 'hood set up, and before I turn them loose with Story Mode on, I wanted to set up certain things (specifically jobs and job levels). The problem is that once I get one fambly set up, if I later switch back to them, oftentimes they have completely different jobs than what I gave to them, or they've gotten demoted, or whatever.

If I make them Sacred, will that keep them at their current job, even with Story Mode turned off? I know when I searched, it seemed to suggest that due to EAxian programming, sims would often be bombing out at work and school even when they're marked as Sacred, but that was an older post from last year, and I'm not sure if it was fixed or not.

Thanks in advance.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Question about making famblys sacred
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 26, 11:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new large 'hood set up, and before I turn them loose with Story Mode on, I wanted to set up certain things (specifically jobs and job levels). The problem is that once I get one fambly set up, if I later switch back to them, oftentimes they have completely different jobs than what I gave to them, or they've gotten demoted, or whatever.
Now, by "turn story mode on", are you using Awesome, Twallanian, or EAxian? In Awesome, sims will switch jobs to fulfill their LTWs or general personality, get jobs if they don't have one and their household finances run low, and quit if they are rich and their job is crappy. It is also possible for them to gain or lose work performance, and thus be promoted or demoted, if that option is enabled

If I make them Sacred, will that keep them at their current job, even with Story Mode turned off?
Sims set Sacred are immune to Awesome and EAxian story progression (Twallanian has its own rules), and cannot be dragooned. Whether they can gain or lose work performance depends on how you configure the two switches regarding inactive households and work performance gainage. There are two switches which control this: Whether or not members of unselected households gain and lose work performance, and whether or not this rule is inverted for Sacreds.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 26, 16:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, should have been more specific.

I'm planning on using Awesome story mod, as I will accept no substitutes. Once story mode is enabled, I don't really have a problem with the sims changing or quitting jobs or whatever.  I currently have it disabled, as I'm trying to set up a (somewhat) realistic situation where sims have a job that makes sense for them, and since all of the famblies are new to the neighborhood, I don't want them all to be level 1 dishwashers or snitches or whatever. So I play a fambly, get them the "right" job, maybe get them a few promotions, assign their kids to a certain school, and then move on to do the same thing with a different fambly (all with Story Mode off).

What I'm concerned about is if I have to go back to one of those famblies to tweak something, I've noticed that on occasion they have gotten fired or switched jobs or whatever (again, this is with Story Mode off). If I make the sim Sacred, will that prevent such an occurance (even though Story Mode is not yet turned on)? Once I have the famblies set up the way I want, I plan on turning off the Sacred thing for all of them, turning on Story Mode, and letting them have at it in whatever way their stupid sim hearts desire. Until that point though, I want them to stay the way I set them.

I'll try playing with the gain/lose work performance setting switches and see if that'll work.
Phyrie
Asinine Airhead

ENTP. Now STFU!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 March 02, 08:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I became so totally distracted by reading ahead to see if you continued the usage of the oh-so-cute "Famblies" theme that I couldn't grok your post.  And, gosh darn it if you didn't!  I am almost afraid to ask if you are trying to be cute on purpose, or if you really don't realize that "families" and "family" are the correct words.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 March 02, 12:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm concerned about is if I have to go back to one of those famblies to tweak something, I've noticed that on occasion they have gotten fired or switched jobs or whatever (again, this is with Story Mode off).
Without Storymode, they can be fired anyway for poor work performance, if you enabled the option for NPCs to gain/lose work performance, meaning sims you are not playing can be promoted by doing well at work. They can't normally "switch" jobs, unless they are first fired, and then dragooned as coworkers after they are unemployed, which is the work of the job engine and the fact that your previous sim fambly had someone in that job.

If I make the sim Sacred, will that prevent such an occurance (even though Story Mode is not yet turned on)? Once I have the famblies set up the way I want, I plan on turning off the Sacred thing for all of them, turning on Story Mode, and letting them have at it in whatever way their stupid sim hearts desire. Until that point though, I want them to stay the way I set them.
Sacred can be used to prevent such an occurrence, yes: Sacred sims cannot be dragooned as coworkers, are not subject to Story Progression (although in the setup phase, you've probably turned it off anyway), and if you set "NPCs cannot gain work performance/don't invert" or "NPCs can gain work performance/invert", then work performance is not affected whether or not they go to work.

I'll try playing with the gain/lose work performance setting switches and see if that'll work.
Basically, it's a two-bit switch producing a 4-state system. If you want your neighborhood to have dynamic jobs, so sims you're not playing can gain work performance on their own and thus be promoted rather than stuck at entry level forever, BUT you DON'T want your sacred sims doing anything on their own, then you set the work performance gain to TRUE, and Invert For Sacred to true as well. If you don't want other sims to advance, BUT you want the sims YOU are playing (Sacred) to advance, even if you are currently looking elsewhere, you set it to FALSE, so NPCs do not advance, but invert to TRUE, so this rule is inverted for sacred-NPC. If you want equal-opportunity full-simulation without player-focus-bias, then you set true/false. If you want EAxis-default without regards to sacred-settings, set it to false/false.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 March 02, 21:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks JMP, that's the route I ended up going and it worked out just fine.

And Phyrie, you're adorable, don't ever change.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 March 03, 01:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I became so totally distracted by reading ahead to see if you continued the usage of the oh-so-cute "Famblies" theme that I couldn't grok your post.

If you lurked moar you would know that "Famblies" is a recognised MATY term, and isn't used to be "oh-so-cute".

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 March 03, 01:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I became so totally distracted by reading ahead to see if you continued the usage of the oh-so-cute "Famblies" theme that I couldn't grok your post.

"Fambly" prevents you from grokking the content of a post? I shudder to think what will happen when you encounter a terlet.
Phyrie
Asinine Airhead

ENTP. Now STFU!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 March 03, 08:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Fambly" prevents you from grokking the content of a post? I shudder to think what will happen when you encounter a terlet.

That one's easy.  I used to watch All in the Family (or should it be Fambly?) and Archie and Edith said "terlet" all the time.  I will put "fambly", in all it's forms, in the "crap you gotta know so as not to make an ass of yourself on MATY" file. 

And Phyrie, you're adorable, don't ever change.

Unlikely at this late date.  Glad to amuse.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: