More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:59:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Uninstalling Worlds Sanfu
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uninstalling Worlds Sanfu  (Read 2447 times)
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Uninstalling Worlds Sanfu
« on: 2011 February 11, 01:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm the type to try new worlds every week and once I decide I don't like them, I've never had a problem getting rid of them by simply uninstalling in the launcher.  I've never had a problem until I tried downloading a new version of an old world I had tried.  I uninstalled the old via the launcher and made sure that My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Installed Worlds, /Saves, and /WorldCaches had no remaining files from that world.  Problem is that is still shows up in the game when I try and open a new world and even loads correctly.

Now when I go and install the new version, thinking I will just open that and leave the other one alone, it opens the old one in game.  I've tried clearing every cache and multiple installs via launcher, but no dice.  No matter what I do version one shows up no where in my files or launcher, but in game and will not allow me to install version 2.  Anyone else come across this.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Uninstalling Worlds Sanfu
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 11, 04:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher is notorious for leaving things in the DDCache files and refusing to remove them despite claiming to do so. Have you tried dragging that folder to your desktop then seeing if the world has vanished from the list? Don't delete it as this will delete all your launcher content. Considering it still loads it correctly with the world file gone out of InstalledWorlds, are you certain you haven't put the world file in the Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds location as well?
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Uninstalling Worlds Sanfu
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 11, 06:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering it still loads it correctly with the world file gone out of InstalledWorlds, are you certain you haven't put the world file in the Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds location as well?

Thanks, that was it.  It was a world I installed quite a bit ago, so I don't remember doing that, but it was there.  And yeah, I was figuring my next step was taking out the cache, but this solved it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: