More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:52:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Black loading screen after reformat/reinstall
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Black loading screen after reformat/reinstall  (Read 10207 times)
rudeandnotginger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Black loading screen after reformat/reinstall
« on: 2011 February 10, 12:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My computer was being lame and BSOD'd a lot for no real reason. I had tested every single piece of hardware and handed it over to my boyfriend who maintains testing at WD (Which knowing him, explains a lot, really) and everything was normal so I just wrote it off as random bad driver/stupid corruption and reformatted the drive. That isn't my problem. My problem is I'm getting that stupid black loading screen with the funky animation.

I googled a bit and found the EA BBS thread were mass amounts of fanbois were bitching about it when WA came out and the official EA solution appeared to be don't use anything from MTS, nuke it with Revo and reinstall. Did that, didn't work.

This combined with my previous episode of rotini baby while TS3 was working perfectly, I'm wondering if it's not the game and my HDD is just majorly fucked and screwing with things. I'm inclined to think it's the game or something my game affects though since other than aforementioned BSOD'ing, I've had no problems outside of sims related activities. I'm also content with it being my fault, but from what I can tell from the BBS it's something to do with registry errors and patches.

I have all ep/sp + patches and my rig is above recommended specs. No cc at the moment.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Black loading screen after reformat/reinstall
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 10, 15:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't believe anything you read over at the BBS. Also you don't just get BSOD for no reason. I've used this forum anytime I've needed help and they've always been spot on and fast about it. Have you tried using 3Booter?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 10, 19:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't believe anything you read over at the BBS. Also you don't just get BSOD for no reason. I've used this forum anytime I've needed help and they've always been spot on and fast about it. Have you tried using 3Booter?

This post turned utterly useless after the first sentence. You've been shitting all over this forum with useless replies and waving your cwurts fan boy flag. GTFO. I can only hope Witch starts moving your posts to intermingle with those of that thing you've expressed your undying love for.

To the OP: This is clearly a corruption issue. Either the source of one or more of your EPs is corrupted or your hard drive is corrupting it on transfer.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 February 10, 19:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, no, if your PC is giving you the BSOD its for a reason, it just doesn't happen. Whether it's Sim related or not. Maybe her HDD is going out on her, maybe its something she wouldn't even think of. As for Cwurts, it's not my fault no one else seems to have a sense of humor.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 February 10, 23:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This post turned utterly useless after the first sentence. You've been shitting all over this forum with useless replies and waving your cwurts fan boy flag. GTFO. I can only hope Witch starts moving your posts to intermingle with those of that thing you've expressed your undying love for.

Other than his inexplicable appreciation for Cwuntz, KT's posts have been fine.  I do not see this "shitting" of which you speak.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
rudeandnotginger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 February 11, 00:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the OP: This is clearly a corruption issue. Either the source of one or more of your EPs is corrupted or your hard drive is corrupting it on transfer.
Thanks man. I'm going to go with my hard drive is corrupting it because I've used these ISOs a lot. I might try a redownload just in case it's the external I keep the ISO itself on which is being shitty, but I'm guessing it's my internal.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 February 11, 04:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than his inexplicable appreciation for Cwuntz, KT's posts have been fine.  I do not see this "shitting" of which you speak.

Perhaps shitting was the wrong word to you. KT has given help that was incorrect or useless more than once and that to me is shitting. It just appears to be trying to up it's post count and has no idea what it is saying. It recommended 3Booter to a problem that clearly has nothing to do with the game not booting. It has also done this in another invalid case. Incorrect advice just provides nothing but run around for a game that already has more run around than a game should. Plus the avatar and cwurts love is giving me a rash.

Also I am not lacking a sense of humor. If anyone has no sense of humor it's cwurts. I'm almost certain if one of his sims autonomously fart he is mashing the halt all traffic button on his firewall and heading into a panic induced coma. This type of uptight behavior is definitely not associated with one that has a sense of humor hence why the act he puts on is not funny in the least bit way.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 February 11, 06:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I am not lacking a sense of humor. If anyone has no sense of humor it's cwurts. I'm almost certain if one of his sims autonomously fart he is mashing the halt all traffic button on his firewall and heading into a panic induced coma. This type of uptight behavior is definitely not associated with one that has a sense of humor hence why the act he puts on is not funny in the least bit way.

Are you an assburgers? You sound like you might be an assburgers. What is your philosophy about dropping Latin into random forum conversations? HMMMM?

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 February 11, 06:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, the only two times I recommended 3booter were in cases in which the game was not getting past the loading screen. Which is what it does, not to mention it can't hurt to try.
Second, "hence why?" Really?

Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 February 11, 07:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you an assburgers? You sound like you might be an assburgers. What is your philosophy about dropping Latin into random forum conversations? HMMMM?

I don't follow how you arrived at that conclusion. It's possible I was wordy or you don't know the back story behind cwurts. Do explain.

First off, the only two times I recommended 3booter were in cases in which the game was not getting past the loading screen. Which is what it does, not to mention it can't hurt to try.
Second, "hence why?" Really?

Once again you are spreading false information. The 3booter was created in the early stages of the game because it would randomly crash at the loading screen with Awesome mod in. It is not going to fix a blank loading screen nor a repeated crash. Obviously if you had lurked moar you would have known this. Instead you choose to sling nonsense around repeatedly and now you're acting butthurt because I called you on it. Also I stand corrected on my use of "hence why". It's not hard to admit when you are wrong, you should learn how.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 February 11, 09:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am actually inclined to agree with Chain ReCtion on this one. Kissing toast has potential as witty MATYer, certainly, but she does seem to be suffering from MUSTMAKEPRESENCEFELTCONSTANTLY-itis. Let us not forget the cautionary tales of others who outgrew their boots far too early.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 February 11, 10:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am actually inclined to agree with Chain ReCtion on this one. Kissing toast has potential as witty MATYer, certainly, but she does seem to be suffering from MUSTMAKEPRESENCEFELTCONSTANTLY-itis. Let us not forget the cautionary tales of others who outgrew their boots far too early.

Are you calling me fat?

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 February 11, 10:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you calling me fat?

I AM NOW.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 February 11, 10:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you calling me fat?

I AM NOW.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 February 12, 02:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BSOD could be a motherboard issue. We originally thought that our hard drive might be dying, and I panicked thinking that it could be that my relatively new graphics card was the issue, we even changed out the ram thinking that was the problem, then our BIOS disappeared. Before then we'd been having BSOD of every sort, plus many that weren't indicating the cause at all. We replaced the motherboard this weekend and the system is running as smooth as it was when we first got it.

Have you tried completely uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling some? I had an issue at one point where the old drivers weren't actually fully removed and had been effecting games.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
rudeandnotginger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 February 12, 20:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BSOD could be a motherboard issue. We originally thought that our hard drive might be dying, and I panicked thinking that it could be that my relatively new graphics card was the issue, we even changed out the ram thinking that was the problem, then our BIOS disappeared. Before then we'd been having BSOD of every sort, plus many that weren't indicating the cause at all. We replaced the motherboard this weekend and the system is running as smooth as it was when we first got it.

Have you tried completely uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling some? I had an issue at one point where the old drivers weren't actually fully removed and had been effecting games.

Yes.
I got a new hard drive and installed it on there and now it isn't doing bad things anymore. I'm guessing my old one was just about to brick.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 February 12, 23:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BSOD could be a motherboard issue. We originally thought that our hard drive might be dying, and I panicked thinking that it could be that my relatively new graphics card was the issue.

That's exactly whats been happening to me the last few days. I can only play TS3 at 800x600 for the moment, otherwise the display closes within 12 minutes.
I'm still running tests, but man, that mobo is pretty much the only thing I'm scared of taking out. Hope it's just the card, or better still, the problem goes (which it won't).
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 February 13, 15:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BSOD could be a motherboard issue. We originally thought that our hard drive might be dying, and I panicked thinking that it could be that my relatively new graphics card was the issue.

I can only play TS3 at 800x600 for the moment, otherwise the display closes within 12 minutes.

Sounds like video card overheating.
Does it have a fan, is it running and clean?
Do you use a frame limiter?
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 February 13, 17:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like video card overheating.
Does it have a fan, is it running and clean?
Do you use a frame limiter?

Yes to all. I did brush everything [that I could see] down softly, but I'll get a compressed air canister tomorrow to clear any cobwebs that may have escaped.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 February 14, 00:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of the frame limiter - double check it's working. Mine stopped working at one of my upgrades (I didn't have the files in the right places anymore) and I killed one of my video cards that way. I didn't even realise that the limiter wasn't working anymore until after the card was dead and somebody mentioned fps on and I decided to see exactly what speed I was running at - and it wasn't a good one.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: