More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 06:38:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  High resolution = Prettier game, but impossible to navigate catalog- Workaround?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: High resolution = Prettier game, but impossible to navigate catalog- Workaround?  (Read 20277 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: High resolution = Prettier game, but impossible to navigate catalog- Workaround?
« Reply #25 on: 2011 February 06, 00:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should all take this moment to thank our respective Higher Powers that the sim in question doesn't have ANTLERS.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: High resolution = Prettier game, but impossible to navigate catalog- Workaround?
« Reply #26 on: 2011 February 06, 00:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like the antlers, would never use them, but I like them, unless of course I was recreating that one Fall Out Boy video.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2011 February 06, 16:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I'm at it, does anyone know why 1280x720 can't seem to be forced? It always reverts to 1024x768 like that part of the config file is wrong or something.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: High resolution = Prettier game, but impossible to navigate catalog- Workaro
« Reply #28 on: 2011 February 06, 17:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess would be that your monitor does not support that resolution. Plus, why do you even NEED that resolution? My monitor runs fine at 1152x864, and it's a pretty decently sized monitor that occupies at least 80% of my field of view. What would be the point of an even bigger monitor, as big as yours, which would exceed my field of view and start rendering things I can no longer see?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2011 February 06, 17:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm...not sitting 3 inches away from it. It's, like, 30% of my field of view. And I would like to use that resolution because it is 16:9 and won't have the minor distortion you get from using 16:10 on a 16:9 screen.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 February 06, 18:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm...not sitting 3 inches away from it. It's, like, 30% of my field of view. And I would like to use that resolution because it is 16:9 and won't have the minor distortion you get from using 16:10 on a 16:9 screen.
Does 16:10 not pillarbox correctly for you?  It works fine on my 16:9 monitor.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2011 February 06, 18:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it just stretches. Which is kinda blowing my mind because it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to which resolutions function properly, stretch, or letterbox in some way.

It should be noted my "monitor" is a TV, but it's a TV intended for use as a TV/monitor anyway. And I still am not sure if the catalyst control center can help at all or not.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 February 06, 18:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should quit trying to use a potato and get an actual monitor.

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 February 06, 19:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HEY GUISE CHECK OUT THE SIZE OF MY PEEN SCREEN

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: High resolution = Prettier game, but impossible to navigate catalog- Workaro
« Reply #34 on: 2011 February 06, 19:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also use my flatscreen as my moniter and have no problems with stretching or small icons. I use the 5:3 resolution and it nearly almost takes up the whole screen.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2011 February 06, 20:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I totally missed that one. That's close enough that it shouldn't cause any problems.

however, it seems that after a few tries, the game does take on the 1280x1024 res, and it looks great.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 February 06, 20:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just astounded he's managed to get all the way through this thread without complaining once about borked in-game lighting.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Alexina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 February 07, 00:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Admittedly I would say that using a slightly lower res for the game than your desktop size is more better than trying to go full out massive window with tiny ui.  I have a 1600x1480 monitor, but I don't need the game to render at that size as I end up seeing small lot with loads of yard and neighbours that I have to zoom in just to see what my own sims are doing instead of squinting at ant-sized pixels.

I'm outta here, had enough of these MATY wassacks.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 February 08, 02:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeeeeah...

So, you see, Pescado, whose monitor takes up more of his view, would need a higher resolution to see the game in pristine clarity. His 1152x864 is a much poorer resolution, relatively, than what you have at 1024x768. You don't seem to grasp these basics regarding resolution and relative size. And I'm the one with slight issues with spatial organization.  Roll Eyes

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 February 09, 07:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not certain what the point of all these ginormous resolutions is. The resolution I use is more than sufficient to have a monitor big enough to fill my field of view. If you used a higher resolution, everything would be too small, EXACTLY LIKE THE VOLE'S PROBLEM, and it would no longer be possible to see the image at all, since none of the pixels would be visible. Since images are made out of pixels, if you can't see any of the pixels, you can't see the image. Plus it would use too much computar.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 February 09, 18:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Seqkat, (snip)

Lol, I doubt that he even understands this. Best to not test him/her/it with words of more than one syllable, or he might suffer the primate equivalent of a BSOD.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2011 February 11, 21:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Claeric.  I can barely see the objects in the catalog.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 February 11, 21:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you're eleventy.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 February 12, 00:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you're eleventy.

Eleventy-SIX.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 February 14, 05:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no eleventy-six. There is only eleventy-four.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: