More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:15:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Outdoor Living Shit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Outdoor Living Shit  (Read 17768 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Outdoor Living Shit
« on: 2011 February 04, 02:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, EAxis has really let the greed and laziness overcome them with this piece of shit.  NO patterns, ONE build object (a fireplace), a handful of outfits, and some crappy buy objects that skew heavily toward hot tubs.  This SP is about the size of a Store Set for twice the price.  It is your DUTY to pirate this shit.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
rudeandnotginger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Outdoor Living Shit
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 04, 02:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention I've been getting BSoD's during gameplay ever since installation. Lame. The Outdoor living AF hairstyle appears to be a shittier version of an already existing store hair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 04, 02:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I haven't noticed any unusual barfy type game behaviors since I installed it, but I will concur with Senator McRat that the experience of having this in your game is less than awe-inspiring.  Only a few things stand out for me as even vaguely usable, like the new hot tubs and such.

I think I like the new Jazz Age store set more than OLS.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Sunnysunnysuns
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 February 04, 02:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you're in dire need for some ugly furniture and clothes, as well as 5 hot tubs (All of which are no different from the ones in late night) I don't even recommend pirating this shit. It's not worth the 4 GB space on your hard drive, it also uglifies your loading screen until the next EP (Or you're using a loading screen mod). I pirated it yesterday, it's not worth it... when I started up the game, I was struck with the biggest glitch ever. The objects had a bunch of technical file path nonsense next to them as I moused over them in-game, and when I started playing in the house I designed exclusively for OLS, none of the stuff even worked, save for the telescope. When I moused over the objects, all I could do was move them, as if I was using the inventory. NO INTERACTIONS. This was probably due to either improper installation or incompatible mods. Anyways, I uninstalled it afterward. None of the objects were worth it. Save your money and hard drive space.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 February 04, 02:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not worth the 4 GB space on your hard drive,

It doesn't take up 4GB. It uses about 200 megs. The full installation is around 5GB, and includes all the patches that have been released to date: every new EP or SP includes all the patches that came before it. The actual meat is much, much smaller.

Really it's just a fancy store set with an elaborate (and unnecessary) installation method. Oh, and a new splash screen.

The splash screen is nice.

Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 February 04, 02:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the new splash, it's funny and Springlike.  Besides, there are mods for that if you really hate it.

I was a little taken aback by how little this set contained. But hey, it's not like I spent money on it.  If it was worth the money, I might have put it on my 'things to spend money on someday' list.  But despite a couple of nice accents, like the scrollwork wall candle thing and a nice wall plant, it's just a little lacking.  I didn't even notice the hair.

-tastes like chikin
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2011 February 04, 03:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real question for me is "Will it kill CAW?"

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 February 04, 03:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I buy them then sell them on ebay, I almost always get what I paid for them back. I've lost all respect for SPs along time ago.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 February 04, 03:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch borked CAW, which happened to me before I even installed this SP.  But a simple uninstall-redowload-reinstall has fixed CAW for me.  I haven't noticed it doing anything terrible since then, so I assume it works as well as it ever has.

-tastes like chikin
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2011 February 04, 03:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's actually 2 fireplaces..... not 1. One's a clone of the cheapo stove. The other requires walls to look nice.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2011 February 04, 03:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, it's got around 40 items (but I didn't bother scouring the enormous deco section to count those), which is more than some of the sims 2 packs had and in line with the other packs. I think people expected more build stuff though.

The outdoor stuff is distinctly outdoors-y though, which is the big selling point to me, I think. Any other fridge or stove looks ridiculous outside, but these new ones are right at home in the yard.

I thought it came with a new radio station, though? Nothing new shows up on the stereo. 
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 February 04, 03:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, it's got around 40 items (but I didn't bother scouring the enormous deco section to count those

Yeah, the public was just clamoring for another shitpile of non-interactive deco items.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 February 04, 04:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hassle of releasing patches every single time a stuff pack is release...soon it will be 1.xx/2.xx/3.xx/4.xx/5.xx/6.xx/7.xx/8.xx/9.xx/10.xx/11.xx/12.xx/13.xx/14.xx/15.xx/16.xx
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2011 February 04, 04:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've got enough "stuff".  I'm going crazy waiting for EA to announce the next expansion pack.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
funnykid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 February 04, 05:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone willing to share a stripped down ARR link of this SP? Smiley
rudeandnotginger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 February 04, 08:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google it.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 February 04, 10:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing new shows up on the stereo. 
There is a radio in the shape of a rock... It can be put in tables and counters...
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 February 04, 11:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing new shows up on the stereo.  
There is a radio in the shape of a rock... It can be put in tables and counters...

There is a new radio, but no new stations.  According to a post on the BBS, there are a couple of new songs on the techno channel, but I haven't checked to confirm this yet.

Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 February 04, 17:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuff packs have always been little more than a cynical ploy to get dimwitted sheep on the BBS to buy overpriced crap. Why would EA change a habit of a lifetime? No doubt the sheep are busy on the BBS bleating away about how special they must feel.

Equally laughable is that Barnacle Bay thing. Apparently it sold so poorly, that EA are planning to sell it in real bricks-and-mortar stores on physical media. Probably charge £30 for it too.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 February 04, 18:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peestain Beach sold poorly?  I wonder why.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 February 04, 19:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You and Claeric both think of pee when you look at Barnacle Bay. Interesting.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2011 February 04, 19:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't.  I think of barnacles.....and bays.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 February 04, 20:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't.  I think of barnacles.....and bays.

Go eat a bullet.

kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 February 04, 23:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best part is that at least some of the new shiny objects are borkinated. I wanted to re-do a community lot with the outdoor kitchen stuff, but the new counters won't let you place the WA registers on them, and the new grill isn't community enabled, you're still stuck with the one choice. (Unless you have a mod of course.) Didn't expect the stove to be placeable, which it isn't, but I do have a mod for that.  Haven't had the opportunity to try much else yet, But I'm sure there's more.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 February 04, 23:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I refuse to get this until I know CAW works with it, and AwesomeMod does. I have it sitting on my PC from being Arrrrghed, but yah not installing.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: