More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 08:35:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Errors w/ multiple pieces of NL Director's Cut
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Errors w/ multiple pieces of NL Director's Cut  (Read 7038 times)
katalina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Errors w/ multiple pieces of NL Director's Cut
« on: 2011 January 29, 05:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to reinstall my entire game recently, so it has been totally hack-free up til today. I wanted to put in the MATY director's cut first to get all the hood-maintenance items and bug fixes... but several files appear to have issues:

I am getting "Missing Action String in table" reports with the firemod and the clothing tool, and then the file called interactwogreet.package is completely crashing the game every time I put it into live mode.

None of these are desperately vital things and I can live without them, but I would really like the firemod so my sims are less dumb, and MATY's clothing tool is just slightly more awesome than the hacked coathook over on MTS. Are there other versions of these files hidden around on the site somewhere?
« Last Edit: 2011 January 29, 08:13:56 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Errors w/ multiple pieces of NL Director's Cut
« Reply #1 on: 2011 January 29, 08:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your firemod's "invalid constant" error does not match the actual code the hack. I also can't see why you're getting a "missing action string", since I can see the action string right there, the code isn't doing anything version-specific that I know of, and it works fine for me. It seems like you may have corrupted your files somehow. No one else has ever reported the game combusting like that, so you must have done SOMETHING to it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
katalina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 January 29, 08:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea, then. I only have one playable sim in the entire game at the moment, for testing. When I tested the firemod I got that error log, pressed reset, and then my sim started using the extinguisher as I assume is supposed to happen.

When I reinstalled everything I started straight off with blank hood templates and disposed of the original neighborhoods entirely. (Unless that was a bad idea...?) The only mods I have besides the DC are for cameras and body shop content.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 29, 08:55:56 by katalina » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 January 29, 10:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there was some residual gunk left over from an odd save timing, then.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
katalina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 January 29, 14:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very possible... so if I create a new household, would that potentially resolve the issue? Or is it that the file has been corrupted & I need to try redownloading?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 January 30, 06:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno. Try both?

katalina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 January 31, 07:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

K, have tried both options. I made a completely new neighborhood/household and I also redownloaded the whole DC.

With debug mode off, the firemod worked perfectly fine, except that the fire won't disappear unless I exit the lot and re-enter.
With debug mode on, I got the same error log as before (Invalid Constant).

With the clothing tool... it works when debug mode is off, but I noticed something that looks like a jump bug in the animations as soon as I placed it on the lot. (The plumbob flickers and disappears, and the sim stands still.) Once I commanded the sim to do something, that went away... but as soon as I turned debug mode on, I immediately got the 'Missing Action String in table' message. It happens immediately after I place the clothing tool on the lot and enter live mode. Reset does not seem to help.

interactwogreet.package continues to crash the game immediately upon loading lots in live mode. My only guess is that it secretly isn't the NL version? I can't even get an error log since the game won't play with it in. I saved a copy of the crash log that was generated after the application failed, but I dunno if that helps.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 31, 10:21:00 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 January 31, 10:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried purging any other possibly conflicting third-party hacks? Because the fire error you're getting is definitely impossible.

katalina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 January 31, 11:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fire error did not occur with the rest of my downloads removed, although the residual burning still happened. I had a lot of clothing default replacements, including ones that were in /Res/Catalog/Bins/... do you think the culprit more likely to be among those files, as opposed to just skins/eyes, etc.? Am not sure what game behaviors the firemod affects that might conflict, or if it's just that some other CC is busted.

I am still getting the exact same error with the clothing tool, though.

I've made changes to some of the scripts in the game, would that possibly affect it? (Mostly for scriptorium, but I also made a few changes to the scripts for wall properties and then to lighting for the camera hack.) The only other thing I've done to the game that I can think of was use SimPE to geneticize the custom skins and eyes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 January 31, 14:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the new version and then post again if you still get an error.

katalina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 February 26, 07:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I finally had time to play and test the new version... it works, thank you!

Also, apparently the firemod error was being caused by a conflict with layerable make-up... no idea how those are related, but whatever.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: