More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:07:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why, Fireball, Why?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why, Fireball, Why?  (Read 7798 times)
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Why, Fireball, Why?
« on: 2011 February 18, 02:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so I have a months old hood that has recently erupted ... I think .... into the dreaded fireball.  The first, last, and only sign of trouble is a sudden failure to load the neighborhood, which has happened now three times in succession, forcing a return to the latest backup.  I've tested the nh for bad cc, removed cache files, etc, but the problem persists.  Install backup, all's well for several days, then poof, no load the nh.  I've decided the nh is corrupt, from the backup, and is not salvageable.  As distressing as that may be, I am willing to let it go, but I would like to prevent future disasters (wouldn't we all??).  I am scrupulously careful about avoiding obviously stupid behaviors like "deleteallcharacters," deleting sims from the sim bin, moving characters between nh's and the like.  I've been simming a while and know the general drill.  The imploded hood has me befuddled because it was coddled and cared for from its clean template start right through to its fiery demise and I can't fathom what caused it to go.  Is there any way to determine the cause? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Why, Fireball, Why?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 February 18, 11:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Could be anything, but I blame it first and foremost on your inherent suckitude, because this never happens to me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 February 18, 17:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My liege (since you do invest yourself with all the large effects that troop with majesty), I accept your acrimonious censure.  That said, I wasn't aware that EAxis coded the game to be so essentialist.  My mistake for missing its inherent Platonism.  I was already prepared for high-bending Jove to blast my cause as so much "user error":  thank you not disappointing the lowly.   Smiley
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 February 18, 17:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to try my Neighborhood Corruption Detector, to see whether it can find any problems in your neighborhood.  The program is still in development, but it doesn't change anything, so it should be fairly safe to run.  You'll need .NET installed on your machine.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=431238

It will just tell you whether it has found any links to non-existent sims.  If you find any bad links, it may help you to figure out what went wrong.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 February 18, 17:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your help is More than Awesome, Mootilda.  Thank You.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 February 18, 20:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THE BUTTHURT FILLS THE ROOM LIKE AN ENORMOUS OBELISK; IT IS UNAVOIDABLE AND FINAL, LIKE DEATH ITSELF.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 February 18, 21:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A cogent assessment.  You must have won accolades for your far reaching insight, Spockblock.  You are quite a philosopher.  However, it does seem rather irrational to shout. 
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 February 18, 22:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A cogent assessment.  You must have won accolades for your far reaching insight, Spockblock.  You are quite a philosopher.  However, it does seem rather irrational to shout. 
You aren't half as clever or witty as you think you are, m'kay?  Please, shut up.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 February 18, 22:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 February 18, 22:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Impressive.  I never doubted you would honor us with something enlightening, but this is more than I'd hoped for.   Cheesy  Perhaps you might throw a little JeebusChrist's way--he seems cranky today.  I think we should really let him have the last word:  he seemed slighted at your taking all of the glory for yourself. 
novastar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 February 19, 15:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Impressive.  I never doubted you would honor us with something enlightening, but this is more than I'd hoped for.   Cheesy  Perhaps you might throw a little JeebusChrist's way--he seems cranky today.  I think we should really let him have the last word:  he seemed slighted at your taking all of the glory for yourself. 

No, you can't have that monocle you always wanted as a young spawn.

Now, go away.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: