More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:32:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "The license seems to be improperly configured" error message on M&G.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "The license seems to be improperly configured" error message on M&G.  (Read 6124 times)
danidear
Asinine Airhead

ISTJ-I'm introverted?

View Profile
"The license seems to be improperly configured" error message on M&G.
« on: 2011 January 07, 21:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, so I've searched just about everywhere, and I am having 0% luck with a problem; I went through EA Tech support three different times without fixing the problem, and now my issue is being forwarded to 'higher-level tech support."

I just installed all the EPs and Ikea Home Stuff, and Kitchen and Bath Interior Design on a computer running XP. Whenever I go to boot up the game, whether it be via the desktop icon or EA Download Manager, I get the same error message.

The game can not start.

The license seems to be improperly configured. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

I've waited more than a few minutes at this point; I've been trying for nearly 24 hours at this point. I uninstalled, then re-installed the games, in the correct order (the first tech support guy told me my issue was that I installed the stuff packs after the last EP, instead of their release order) and cleaned up the registry on it. I then downloaded the patches from the EA site, although my game is up to date already.

I'm just extremely frustrated at this point. Does anyone think they could possibly help?

MTS2 But repetition ends in failure
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: "The license seems to be improperly configured" error message on M&G.
« Reply #1 on: 2011 January 07, 22:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: Non-Tech-Savvy Suggestion/Just A Thought

Have you tried using a No-CD crack to boot your game? The one at the end of this thread may be worth a shot, just to see if the same message pops up or if not using EA's .exe/launcher bypasses whatever is throwing the error.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
danidear
Asinine Airhead

ISTJ-I'm introverted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 January 07, 22:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was worth a try, but it unfortunately didn't work for me. I have a suspicion that the problem may lie with Mansions and Gardens, so I'm just going to uninstall it and see if the game works then.

MTS2 But repetition ends in failure
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 January 09, 15:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're loading the game from the game launcher, you could try bypassing it.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 January 31, 14:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any time you hear talk of "licenses", it's time to put on your eyepatch and get a parrot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: