More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:13:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Annoying Centaur Body Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Annoying Centaur Body Problem  (Read 25022 times)
DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Annoying Centaur Body Problem
« on: 2011 January 07, 17:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a serious annoyance in my game and I cannot imagine what is causing it.

Anyway, somehow this female centaur mesh has worked its way into my game and I do not recall downloading anything that would have caused that.  At least on purpose.  And its clearly been set to be used by EVERY age group and EVERY clothing option, including nude.  I have babies being born with it, but it seems to be designed for teens and adults, so babies born with it are invisible or they look like sticks.   Toddlers wind up looking like squid-like monsters out of an H.P. Lovecraft story.  Children look like grey centaurs with misplaced heads.  And it shows up for teens and adults as well, at the most annoying of times.  In the shower, when pregnant, when swimming, etc.  Even for males, so in the case of males, they wind up looking like female-bodied centaurs with breasts.

Does anyone have any idea what mod might be doing this?  I wish there was some way I could delete the problematic mesh in-game, but the delete option is greyed out for it.  

There are also some female boots that have been set up the same way that are equally annoying, as well.  Babies, children, toddlers and males with these boots look ridiculous, but its not as bad as the centaur body.  I would love to get rid of both though.   It seems I am not the only one with this problem, I found this when googling the issue:  

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101228204309AAOVY8k

Thanks in advance!  Smiley

P.S. anyone else around here experiencing this?
« Last Edit: 2011 January 07, 18:02:25 by DarkZephyr » Logged

shadowelements
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Annoying Centaur Body Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2011 January 07, 18:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the launcher. Click on Installed content, look under clothing and look for the fubared articles of clothing. Select uninstall.

Next time use the custard tool Wink

Hey girl hey?
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 January 07, 18:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have any idea what mod might be doing this?  I wish there was some way I could delete the problematic mesh in-game, but the delete option is greyed out for it.  

It's not a mod, it's bad or miscategorized CC. You probably downloaded it from TSR or the Exchange.

Congratulations, btw, on the gayest avatar/signature combo I've ever seen on the whole entire Internet. (edit: changing it after the fact does not remove the need to bleach the eyes.)

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 January 07, 18:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the launcher. Click on Installed content, look under clothing and look for the fubared articles of clothing. Select uninstall.

Next time use the custard tool Wink

I have tried that, but I will try again.  I just can't seem to find the culprit.  lol  Thank you though!  Smiley

Congratulations, btw, on the gayest avatar/signature combo I've ever seen on the whole entire Internet.

Thanks, and I just changed it and so now because you said it I have to put it back or create an as equally gay combo so that people don't think I changed it because you said that. lol   I was gonna go with a Jeanette/Cthulhu theme having been inspired to do so by the glitches in my game.  Smiley

Edit:
(edit: changing it after the fact does not remove the need to bleach the eyes.)

"Changing it after the fact" hadn't been my intent, I had started to change it after I posted my question and before I knew I had responses.    Smiley
« Last Edit: 2011 January 07, 18:28:00 by DarkZephyr » Logged

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 January 07, 18:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shenanigans. Shenanigans!

DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 January 07, 18:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shenanigans. Shenanigans!

At any rate, thanks for the info about the game all the same.   I had always used the terms "CC" and "Mods" interchangeably, but I will cease and desist doing so from now on.  I still cannot figure out which CC is the one that screwed my game up though.  I am strongly considering going to every house I got from the exchange and disabling custom content for it.  Perhaps that will help. 

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 January 07, 18:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still cannot figure out which CC is the one that screwed my game up though.  I am strongly considering going to every house I got from the exchange and disabling custom content for it.  Perhaps that will help. 

Try this:

http://sims3blog.co.cc/sims-3-list-bad-custom-content-crazytown/

DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 January 07, 18:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again!  I will do so, and if I figure out the problem I will post it here for anyone else who might be having the same issue. 

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 January 07, 20:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you picked up the centaur body mesh by Rose. I've heard of people accidentally getting it from the exchange. Like most of Rose's stuff, it's glitchy as hell and has to be uninstalled through the launcher.

Moral of the story: if you absolutely must download from the exchange, use Custard to clean it. Or you could just use my method, which is to avoid that place like the plague.

I sing along with elevator music.
DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 January 07, 21:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you picked up the centaur body mesh by Rose. I've heard of people accidentally getting it from the exchange. Like most of Rose's stuff, it's glitchy as hell and has to be uninstalled through the launcher.

Moral of the story: if you absolutely must download from the exchange, use Custard to clean it. Or you could just use my method, which is to avoid that place like the plague.

I believe so, but I think I picked up an older version or a modified version because I purposely downloaded the lastest version and the dang thing is existing side-by-side with the newer version in CAS.  Anyway, the problematic version MUST be in the DCBackup folder.  The trouble is that I do not know the name of the package file as it would exist in that folder and I have quite a hefty amount of junk in there.  I know that if I delete it all, all of the store content and the GOOD files I have installed will be gone too.   If only I knew the file name for the centaur mesh and those stupid female boots.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 January 07, 21:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, the problematic version MUST be in the DCBackup folder.

Delete everything in DCBackup immediately. You don't need it, and it will fuck up your game.

DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 January 07, 21:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, the problematic version MUST be in the DCBackup folder.

Delete everything in DCBackup immediately. You don't need it, and it will fuck up your game.

OK.  Will the files from the store and such still be installed?

Edit: BTW Spock, thanks again for those links.  I actually found MANY of those mis-categorized files in my DCBackup folder.  I had no idea I had so many, SO, even if I did ever manage to find the stupid centaur package or the boots, other problematic packages would have simply filled the gap. 

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 January 07, 21:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK.  Will the files from the store and such still be installed?

Use the search box up there and look up DCBackup. I'm pretty sure Pescado rants about its worthlessness from time to time.

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 January 07, 21:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DCBackup is useless. They're back-ups. It's DCCache that you shouldn't delete.

Also delete CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, and simCompositorCache while you're at it. And don't download from the exchange; try to find your CC directly from the maker/modthesims or some other way from now on. Don't ask about installing .package files either; it's all in The Pudding Factory somewhere.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 January 07, 22:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also delete CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, and simCompositorCache while you're at it. And don't download from the exchange; try to find your CC directly from the maker/modthesims or some other way from now on. Don't ask about installing .package files either; it's all in The Pudding Factory somewhere.

lol OK I will.  I deleted it, btw.   What a space hog it is! 

I won't, I know how to install them.  Smiley  Thanks! 

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 January 07, 22:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol OK I will.  I deleted it, btw.   What a space hog it is! 

I won't, I know how to install them.  Smiley  Thanks! 

Don't quote the same thing twice and reply to it with different answers.

Your "I have the super gayest avatar and signature of all time" anti-sporking rays have theoretical limits, you must understand. Let's not test them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 January 08, 00:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His sig is also too freaking huge. Also...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 January 08, 00:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like those colors ran, after all.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 January 08, 01:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't quote the same thing twice and reply to it with different answers.

Your "I have the super gayest avatar and signature of all time" anti-sporking rays have theoretical limits, you must understand. Let's not test them.

Okey dokey!  Sounds fair.  I actually didn't mean to quote it twice.  It was an accident.  I will pay better attention from now on.  Thanks again for all your help!   Smiley 

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 January 08, 04:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like those colors ran, after all.

Actually, any color will run if the dyer doesn't know their shit. If dying natural fibers or nylon with food coloring, for instance, if you use a food coloring with FD&C Red No. 3 in it and you don't get the ph level to be JUST EXACTLY RIGHT, the color will either solidify and fall to the bottom of the dye bath, or sit only on the outside of the fiber. In the latter instance, once you try to wash the fiber, whoops! All of your color will run right out.

Also, if you try to dye some types of silk the dye will never penetrate the fiber properly, so the dye will never ever ever exhaust, and once you've given up trying to exhaust the dye bath and soak the fiber, guess what happens?!? THE COLORS RUN AND ALL THE DYE LEECHES OUT. I've had an entire rainbow spectrum do that with silk. It's not the dye I was using either, it's the treatment that some silk has, and the proper name for this type of silk is "weighted silk". It makes it almost impossible to dye. It's also difficult to know before attempting to dye the silk if it is weighted or not, since that is not something that is required to be put on sweater labels.

So, in short, claiming that X color doesn't run is just stupid and ignorant. I guess DorkZephyr doesn't care about being ignorant.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 January 08, 05:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your colors are running, you need to use heavier chains next time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 January 08, 08:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your colors are running, you need to use heavier chains next time.

This also goes for mobile food sources.

DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 January 08, 20:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took the "Nuke It" advice and just totally deleted the entire DCCache folder and then reinstalled things.  But before I did that, I went through EACH package (quite tedious) and looked inside them with the Sims3PackCleaner.   Anything that had clothing marked "naked" was discarded forever.  That FINALLY took care of the problem.  It took deleting the content of both the DCCache and the DCBackup folders. 

Anyway, no more Exchange stuff for me.  I am curious as to why EA set it up to where everything installed through the launcher is shoved into the DCCache that way.  Makes it very difficult to deal with problem CC.  Its not always easy to find the problematic CC by looking at the "Installed Content" thumbnails.  Thank goodness for the Sims3PackCleaner. 

Thanks for the help everyone!  Yours was especially valuable, Spock, as was the "Nuke It" advice.   Grin

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 January 08, 20:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From how I understand it the caches are like merged package files. It helps make the game run faster because then it's looking at information in one place, rather than lots of little places. The people at EA probably assumed people won't be stupid enough to download or even create such crap, but they're not concerned with bugs or CC as much as making money.

Either way, installing from the launcher is dead, except for .worlds. It's much more controlled if you manually merged .packages yourself, and kept back up of what you're installing, and re-name them if it's a large string of random characters. And have more quality control of who and where you're downloading from-- you're putting this shit on your computer (and in your game) for fucks sake.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
DarkZephyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 January 08, 21:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And have more quality control of who and where you're downloading from-- you're putting this shit on your computer (and in your game) for fucks sake.

Sound and wise advice which I have taken to heart.  Thanks!   Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: