More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:46:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  MIA Unsavory Charlatans
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: MIA Unsavory Charlatans  (Read 3725 times)
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
MIA Unsavory Charlatans
« on: 2011 January 06, 09:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a pretty good idea what I'm going to need to do about this, but I am curious to find out if there might be a cause.

I had noticed for a while that there were no unsavory charlatans hanging around the vacation 'hoods.  They were there when I'd first started playing BV, and as I recall, I'd installed the Director's Cut before that and then updated it for BV, so I did have Awesomeware.  A good bit of non-Awesome as well.  Anyhow, point is, I believe I had nounlinkondelete at the time I saw charlatans in my game.

I just looked through SimPE and found out that all three of my charlatans are both unlinked and have no character data.  I understand this is Bad.  I'd never done anything unbecoming with them AFAIK, just normal game interactions.  No idea when they went MIA either, just that they hadn't shown up for a few vacations.  I very recently installed FT and had some issues for a few hours, though I believe now things are in order.

Might this be a clear sign of the coming apocalypse?  Could other, older missing character data have caused it?  These three Sims are the first that anything like this has happened to--I know where the other unlinked Sims came from.

ETA:  Some further investigation indicates whatever happened to them happened very recently, as my pre-FT backup contains them intact.  I've got more options now, though I am very curious about whether or not this might be something fundamental to my 'hood.  Hardly any point in going back to it if they, or some other Sims, are going to disappear on me no matter what I do.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 06, 18:42:06 by Princess Artemis » Logged
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: MIA Unsavory Charlatans
« Reply #1 on: 2011 January 07, 05:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have an answer to the problem, but are there character files in your hood's directory ending in .1.package?  Since installing FT, I have actually had a number of playables (most within the same small range of NIDs) be marked as unlinked in SimPE.  Nothing was wrong with them, so I checked out their character files, and discovered that there would be, say, a "N00X_UserYYYYY.package" file, and then also a "N00X_UserYYYYY.1.package" file, the latter containing the resources SimPE couldn't find in the first.  Like you, I didn't do anything different with them, and almost all of them pre-dated the installation of FT and were previously fine.  I haven't seen anything blow up yet, and it might be fine, since the resources are there, but if this is related and someone has an explanation, I'd be interested in hearing it.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 January 07, 06:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I don't have an answer to your problem, but let me throw a bunch of random filenames at you anyway."

Trying to be the next Shouty Vole, Rufio?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 January 07, 06:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I asked a question to find out if my issue might be related; it should not be random and incomprehensible to someone who knows the basic anatomy of their TS2 save folder and can find neighborhood packages and open them in SimPE.  I've actually thought about making a thread about this in this forum in the past, but decided to wait to see if something actually blew up first.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 January 07, 07:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say it looks related to what's happening with my game, rufio.  I do have one file that ends with .1.package--it's for a stray pet, and it isn't unlinked.  It's not duplicated either as far as I can tell.  It does pre-date FT.

I figure my game will make new charlatans when they are needed, though I certainly would like to know what nuked them in the first place.  I looked around a bit more, and saw a thread about charlatans specifically that apparently the game sometimes burninates some of them on its own...suppose that could have happened.  Would it be a good idea to use the lot debugger/Deleted 2 to delete them, or rather just leave them as they are?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: