More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:29:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Patched, Updated, AwesomeMod still shows as expired.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patched, Updated, AwesomeMod still shows as expired.  (Read 12849 times)
playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Patched, Updated, AwesomeMod still shows as expired.
« on: 2011 January 03, 00:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been out of town for two weeks, but the last I played Sims 3 I had updated to the latest patch and the latest AM, everything worked fine.  I re-downloaded AM today because I'd been gone for so long, I got a message that my game version and AM version do not match.  To be sure, I re-checked that my game had the latest patch and that I had the latest AM.  I re-downloaded AM from a different mirror, just to be sure.  But when I loaded the game, again I got the message.  I continued anyway, eventually got this message:

"A core file not part of AwesomeMod does not match expected values.  This could be the result of a version mismatch or other third-party hack."

Again, I ignored this just to see.  But the next message I got told me that AwesomeMod was out-of-date, and brought me back to the desktop as if it were expired.  

Help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 03, 01:26:49 by playintheleaves » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Patched, Updated, AwesomeMod still shows as expired.
« Reply #1 on: 2011 January 03, 02:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Why? What is the point of helping when you don't help yourself.  You're not the first fucking genius to have this problem and post about it.

The fact that you get a message advising of a core mismatch should be all the information you need to fix the problem.  The current version of AM works perfectly fine with a fully, properly patched game, therefore it is a personal problem, go and sort it out.  The way to sort it out should be bloody obvious.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 January 03, 02:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With all due respect, I've searched for it, found other threads, followed their advice, and they did not solve my problem.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 January 03, 03:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 January 03, 04:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best way to fix this is a complete reinstall.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 January 03, 05:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With all due respect, I've searched for it, found other threads, followed their advice, and they did not solve my problem.

Hint: AM only works with a fully patched game. Nuke your install, clean the registry, reinstall, patch all the way up. There's no other solution.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 January 03, 16:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hint: AM only works with a fully patched game. Nuke your install, clean the registry, reinstall, patch all the way up. There's no other solution.

I reinstalled the game recently.  I think I've only played it twice since then, and I've used the patch utility from MTS to fully patch it already.  Still having the issue with AM.
rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 January 03, 16:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help your issue, but I did have one similar; had to reinstall twice, with no other system differences, for AM to finally 'take' properly. Never quite figured out why.

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
Jasper:  Well... that sure clears everything up.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 January 03, 20:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled the game recently.  I think I've only played it twice since then, and I've used the patch utility from MTS to fully patch it already.  Still having the issue with AM.

You are not a special snowflake. This a you problem, not an AM problem.

I can't help your issue, but I did have one similar; had to reinstall twice, with no other system differences, for AM to finally 'take' properly. Never quite figured out why.

It's because EA's "uninstaller" is suck, and leaves bits of itself all over your system, just like most Windows "uninstallers."

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 January 04, 02:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because EA's "uninstaller" is suck, and leaves bits of itself all over your system, just like most Windows "uninstallers."

If it were that simple I wouldn't have commented; I'm fairly good at using third-party uninstallers to make sure everything is removed. I chalked it up to am AM being temperamental.

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
Jasper:  Well... that sure clears everything up.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 January 04, 03:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it were that simple I wouldn't have commented; I'm fairly good at using third-party uninstallers to make sure everything is removed. I chalked it up to am AM being temperamental.

I doubt it is AM being temperamental, more likely it is EAxis being temperamental in not patching properly, or not properly updating the registry to reflect the new patch, even though it says it has.  If AM was being temperamental you would have so many more people whining about it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: