More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:02:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patching Error 1.12/2.7 but not 3.3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patching Error 1.12/2.7 but not 3.3  (Read 12291 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Patching Error 1.12/2.7 but not 3.3
« on: 2010 December 28, 21:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the retail versions of the basegame, WA and HESL installed. I still patch the game manually tho and I get this error (picture) when I try to install patch 1.12 and 2.7 tho 3.3 works just fine.

Does anyone has a clue what may be causing this problem?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Patching Error 1.12/2.7 but not 3.3
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 28, 22:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried downloading and installing a full patch rather than incremental ones?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 29, 09:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure where I would find those. Tho after trying several things I decided to redownload the patch from the mirror link and this time it installed correctly. So the problem is solved.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 29, 10:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a few lnks for full patches, including from the EA site.  Also, if you use the patcher from MTS with a freshly installed game it will giv you a full patch if one is available.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 29, 18:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great this will save me a lot of time and trouble.

May I wander a bit off-topic and ask about the store items? Patch 1.8 made it impossible to install these with the launcher and I've seen many a tutorial on how to bypass this. If I install the sims3packs with 3viewer will they install and appear fine in the game even post 1.8?

There was also some tutorials on how to merge files and make the game treat sims3pack files like package files? From MTS's tutorial I understood that since patch 1.12 package files are handled differently and I wonder if we can still use this method?

Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 29, 18:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm patched up fully and the launcher installs the store packs just fine. I do get an error when I quit out but the content shows up in the game.

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 December 29, 19:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I wander a bit off-topic and ask about the store items? Patch 1.8 made it impossible to install these with the launcher and I've seen many a tutorial on how to bypass this. If I install the sims3packs with 3viewer will they install and appear fine in the game even post 1.8?

There was also some tutorials on how to merge files and make the game treat sims3pack files like package files? From MTS's tutorial I understood that since patch 1.12 package files are handled differently and I wonder if we can still use this method?

This is 100% gibberish.  Search Moar.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 December 30, 09:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm patched up fully and the launcher installs the store packs just fine. I do get an error when I quit out but the content shows up in the game.

Yes but according to the MATYfolk the launcher is PURE EVUL and thus not supported here. I'd rather not rely on it in case it decides to malfunction.

@Phthon: I didn't get the process either. There was something about merging the files into .dbc files? Wasn't that to bypass the 1.8 patch thing? People also said it makes the game load faster.

I'm just curious if that still needs to be done.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 December 30, 10:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gibberish, I tell you! GIBBERISH!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 December 30, 11:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Phthon: I didn't get the process either. There was something about merging the files into .dbc files? Wasn't that to bypass the 1.8 patch thing? People also said it makes the game load faster.

I don't believe so, Have a search there's lots of information around here.

You may not understand the question, but you'll always have a macro for it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 December 30, 11:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is patently true.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 January 01, 19:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe so, Have a search there's lots of information around here.

The problem is that most of the information is outdated so I have no clue what is still concidered a "fix" or a proper workaround. I've followed links to tools that aren't even supported anymore. If it wasn't for MTS's FAQ I wouldn't have known about the change patch 1.12 had on dealing with mods and other custom contents.

It's easy to yell "search" when you already know where and what the information is and wether it's outdated or not.

Thanx anyways.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 January 01, 20:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanx anyways.

Bollox.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 January 02, 14:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just one more thing. The only reason one needs to decrapify store content is because the launcher breaks everything that isn't paid for which is why they don't show up in the game, is this correct? It still isn't clear to me what recompressor actually does.

I really don't want to decrapify (since you must decrapify all saved games and keep on decrapifiying from then on) and I don't want to extract the .sims3pack files into .package files.

So if I use a tool that substitutes the launcher and install the .sims3pack files with that instead there would be no need to use Pescado's tool right? I figured that a custom launcher wouldn't break the files that you haven't paid for and everything will show up just fine in game.

Of course if this doesn't work I will just follow the steps of putting everything in .dbc files rather than merging .package files in s3pe.

OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 January 02, 15:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher doesn't break them. They don't install because YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR THEM. I decrap store stuff and have never had to decrap my save files. I believe that's only if you switch from one method to decrapping, since you may have store items used in your game already. making a few large package files is pretty much the same thing as making dbc files, so it really doesn't matter. And I do believe, once again, the decrap process just changes the item instance number so that the launcher just "reads" it as a normal sim pack instead of store content.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 January 02, 17:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just one more thing. The only reason one needs to decrapify store content is because the launcher breaks everything that isn't paid for which is why they don't show up in the game, is this correct? It still isn't clear to me what recompressor actually does.

I really don't want to decrapify (since you must decrapify all saved games and keep on decrapifiying from then on) and I don't want to extract the .sims3pack files into .package files.

So if I use a tool that substitutes the launcher and install the .sims3pack files with that instead there would be no need to use Pescado's tool right? I figured that a custom launcher wouldn't break the files that you haven't paid for and everything will show up just fine in game.

Of course if this doesn't work I will just follow the steps of putting everything in .dbc files rather than merging .package files in s3pe.

Whatever it takes to make you GO AWAY AND QUIT ASKING QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ANSWERED A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY.  GAWD!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 January 02, 19:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher doesn't break them. They don't install because YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR THEM. I decrap store stuff and have never had to decrap my save files. I believe that's only if you switch from one method to decrapping, since you may have store items used in your game already. making a few large package files is pretty much the same thing as making dbc files, so it really doesn't matter. And I do believe, once again, the decrap process just changes the item instance number so that the launcher just "reads" it as a normal sim pack instead of store content.

I know I didn't pay for the items otherwise I wouldn't be here asking for help now would I?

The difference between extracting them as package files is that they weren't intended to be used that way while the dbc method is doing what the launcher would've done. Which is why I rather use the dbc method.

Either way you mentioned that the launcher doesn't install the sims3pack files unless the instance number is changed which means that if I use another program to install the sims3pack files they will get installed. So the code preventing the arred stuff is in the launcher rather than the game.

So I was wondering why going through all that trouble when one could simply make another installer tool. Unless the code preventing the stuff from showing up is encoded in the game itself. That's all I wanted to know.

I also find it very annoying that tools don't come with a RTFM anymore. It's very inconvenient not knowing what this thing does exactly. I'm still not sure what the recompressor does either. There's no description other than "with more features" and "fixes busted-ass store sims3packs". Why do I need to run the files in s3rc after decrapifiying?

A lot of the information out there is how to install the content with the launcher while I see nothing about bypassing and/or substituting the damn thing in the first place.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 January 02, 20:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I didn't pay for the items otherwise I wouldn't be here asking for help now would I?

The difference between extracting them as package files is that they weren't intended to be used that way while the dbc method is doing what the launcher would've done. Which is why I rather use the dbc method.

Either way you mentioned that the launcher doesn't install the sims3pack files unless the instance number is changed which means that if I use another program to install the sims3pack files they will get installed. So the code preventing the arred stuff is in the launcher rather than the game.

So I was wondering why going through all that trouble when one could simply make another installer tool. Unless the code preventing the stuff from showing up is encoded in the game itself. That's all I wanted to know.

I also find it very annoying that tools don't come with a RTFM anymore. It's very inconvenient not knowing what this thing does exactly. I'm still not sure what the recompressor does either. There's no description other than "with more features" and "fixes busted-ass store sims3packs". Why do I need to run the files in s3rc after decrapifiying?

A lot of the information out there is how to install the content with the launcher while I see nothing about bypassing and/or substituting the damn thing in the first place.

In that case you are blind as well as retarded. Not much we can do for you if you are too stupid to be helped.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2011 January 02, 20:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Virgali, if you want to code a new launcher don't let us slow you down.
In the mean time, the rest of us will be using the existing simple methods to install store content and actually play our games.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 January 04, 14:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Virgali, if you want to code a new launcher don't let us slow you down.
In the mean time, the rest of us will be using the existing simple methods to install store content and actually play our games.

It seems that people are trying to do just that. That's why I wanted to know if it's wise to wait for one that supports sims3pack files. I would like to decrapify but it bothers me that one must decrapify everything to prevent future problems.

In case I decide to go down the decrapify road will it read items in the subfolders located in my downloads folder?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 January 04, 15:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you're not Gali, virgali?

OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 January 04, 18:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tard, will you just shut the fuck up already?!?!? For fucks sack just do it like everyone else here is doing it. Decrap or packages, pick one and shut your trap.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 January 04, 18:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that I don't really like either of those choices. I was just trying to figure out what options are there and what would be the best for me. Now that I narrowed things down it'll be easier to make a decision.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 January 04, 23:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapify, convert to package, buy the damn things, or do without.  Those are your options.

Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 January 07, 13:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is illogical. Do better.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: