More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 07:18:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Gahk! Is my game screwed?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gahk! Is my game screwed?  (Read 3370 times)
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Gahk! Is my game screwed?
« on: 2005 July 29, 22:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird things have been happening in one of my neighborhoods recently. Not sure what's causing it, because most of my hacks are JMPescado and Inge.

I've had two visiting get stuck on the lot. Specifically, in the bathroom, right in front of the toilet. One of them died, one of them fell asleep standing up, had to be woken up with a stereo, couldn't be told to go home, and had to be reset using Force Error.

Another problem that has started happening very recently, and I'm not sure if it's connected, is that clicking on the lot debugger triggers a reset, a la the "jump bug." Pie menu stays up, except in debug mode, because I get an error message. "Stack number out of range." I have several logs of this error, if they would be useful.

When a teen sneaks out, at the end of the sneaking-out-ness they apparently teleport to the "exit from vehicle" location with no vehicle in sight and no memory of having snuck out. Again, not sure if this is related.

There's probably some other weirdness I don't remember at the moment. It all started showing up at the same time, which is why I suspect a hack . . . will check my hacks folder, but does anyone know of a hack that would produce any of these effects? Even theoretically?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Gahk! Is my game screwed?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 29, 23:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The quickest way to see if it's a hack is to move your entire Downloads folder to a different location on your drive, totally outside of the Sims folder, and see if you still have problems.  If not, then start adding back your hacks a few at a time until you find which set caused the problem.  Then you can narrow it down to which of those it is.  I know it's time consuming, but perhaps someone would be able to identify a certain type of hack. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 29, 23:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nawp, no idea what could cause all that. Never seen a lot freak out like that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 29, 23:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh good. I get something freakishly weird. Will commence debugging shortly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: