More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 18:26:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Moving saved sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Moving saved sims  (Read 4025 times)
tiffyt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Moving saved sims
« on: 2010 December 21, 14:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if I move my saved sims out of the saved sims folder, to lessen load time and whatnot; will the sims I already created from those pre-made sims, still be "right" in my game?
I don't want to take them out and then go in and the sims I made are all defaulted or missing.
I'm not removing any skins or default replacements, just the premade sim files that you make in bodyshop.
I don't plan on making the same sims over again so having them in bodyshop or CAS is a waste of space and loading time. At least I think so.
I just don't want to bork anything.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Moving saved sims
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 21, 15:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not worry, you can delete the files, as you mentioned already.
tiffyt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 21, 15:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. Just wanted confirmation. Having enough game issues without breaking something extra. Smiley
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 28, 22:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can move/delete them as snabul said - you can rename them too, I usually put their name and age in the name.  The sims you created in game are a completely different set of files - the game just copied the data from Saved Sims when you created the sims in CAS.  One thing I do is put these files in a sub-folder inside Saved Sims once I'm done (assuming I want to keep them) - the game does not read sub-folders in Saved Sims (it does in Downloads, of course).  This means you can save the files somewhere where you're likely to find them again without it affecting read-time.  (At least AFAIK - they don't show up in CAS anyway).

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: