More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:29:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Logitech TrackMan Keystroke Assignment Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Logitech TrackMan Keystroke Assignment Problem  (Read 13808 times)
duncandisorderly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Logitech TrackMan Keystroke Assignment Problem
« on: 2010 December 15, 12:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used a Logitech Cordless Optical TrackMan mouse for many years now.  My current mouse is my third and works perfectly for every game/programme except The Sims 3. 

In addition to the standard left click, right click and scroll wheel, there are 5 additional buttons.  These buttons can be programmed in the options to use a specified keystroke assignment of your choice.  Having the ability to undo (CTRL + Z), Delete, and rotate (, . keys) on the mouse is a handy feature I've come to depend on.  These keystroke assignments worked in The Sims 2.  When The Sims 3 was released, I had no issues.  If memory serves me correctly, it was some time after World Adventures was released that my keystroke buttons stopped working.  The problem didn't appear immediately after installing an expac. or a patch.  Every other game I play has no issues and I still have the ability to use this feature.  I've changed nothing in my options and my driver is up to date.

I'd like to add that I have been a good little lurker and made sure I searched the site and googled my ass off trying to find a solution before posting.  EA Games and Logitech kindly sent me a generic macro reply suggesting I update my drivers.  DUH! 

Some Awesomeness would be appreciated please.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
Re: Logitech TrackMan Keystroke Assignment Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 15, 15:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using Logitech mouse too. My problem is that when I click the button wheel to tilt right and left, it doesn't work. I have the latest driver update. Surprisingly, it worked when I disabled the Logitech Mouse control center thing.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
duncandisorderly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 15, 16:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using Logitech mouse too. My problem is that when I click the button wheel to tilt right and left, it doesn't work. I have the latest driver update. Surprisingly, it worked when I disabled the Logitech Mouse control center thing.

Sadly, it appears our problems are unrelated.  For a start, I have no issues with my button wheel, my wheel doesn't even have the tilt click feature. 

My Logitech Mouse control center thing is called Set Point.  Set Point has 5 sections; Button Settings (the section where I programme my keystrokes),  Pointer Settings, Mouse Batteries, Orientation Settings and finally Game Settings.  All my settings are correct. Disabling Set Point would only make matters worse for me because I would lose the ability to use the feature entirely.

Thank you for your reply and I hope you resolve your problem.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 16, 02:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You missed the point. The suspicion is that the control centre for logitec mice does not play nice for Sims. I used to have this problem with my old logitec mouse. If we're talking purely about the functions available through the control centre you may be screwed. Check for different versions of driver and control centre, but it may simply be that you are going to have to live with this problem.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 16, 03:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I know with a name as heeeeelariuz as "duncandisorderly" that I may be answering my own question but I MUST ask - ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? Why are you coming HERE for a PERIPHERALS PROBLEM? If you're having problems programming a PERIPHERAL to interact with TS3, GO TO THE MANUFACTURER.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
duncandisorderly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 16, 05:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You missed the point. The suspicion is that the control centre for logitec mice does not play nice for Sims. I used to have this problem with my old logitec mouse. If we're talking purely about the functions available through the control centre you may be screwed. Check for different versions of driver and control centre, but it may simply be that you are going to have to live with this problem.

You're correct, I did miss the point.  Thank you for pointing it out to me.  I have tried different versions of the driver with no luck.  Looks like I'll have to live with it or buy a different mouse with the same functions.  

Much appreciated.

Now I know with a name as heeeeelariuz as "duncandisorderly" that I may be answering my own question but I MUST ask - ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? Why are you coming HERE for a PERIPHERALS PROBLEM? If you're having problems programming a PERIPHERAL to interact with TS3, GO TO THE MANUFACTURER.

I'm pleased that you think my name is heeeeelariuz.  However, I suspect that while you were busy laughing at my name you overlooked to read my post properly.  I clearly state that Logitech kindly sent me a generic macro reply suggesting I update my drivers.  As a matter of fact, they also gave me links to so-called help sites I had previously found by myself.  

I've lurked on this site for quite a while now and it's quite clear to me that many (but not all) of the members have the skills, experience and maturity to possibly answer this unusual problem.  It would be retarded for me not to post here asking when you consider I have tried practically everything to find a solution.  

Thank you for your reply, I hope you see the irony in it in the same way I have.  

« Last Edit: 2010 December 16, 06:04:39 by duncandisorderly » Logged
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 December 16, 07:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pleased that you think my name is heeeeelariuz.  However, I suspect that while you were busy laughing at my name you overlooked to read my post properly.  I clearly state that Logitech kindly sent me a generic macro reply suggesting I update my drivers.  As a matter of fact, they also gave me links to so-called help sites I had previously found by myself.  

I've lurked on this site for quite a while now and it's quite clear to me that many (but not all) of the members have the skills, experience and maturity to possibly answer this unusual problem.  It would be retarded for me not to post here asking when you consider I have tried practically everything to find a solution.  

Thank you for your reply, I hope you see the irony in it in the same way I have.  

As someone that has managed an OSS (Online Support Services) team before, I have to mock you for giving up at the first canned reply because that's not email support - it's a process (and a very successfull trimming the fat one at that you've fallen sucker to) to can at LEAST the first reply, if the customer has shown that they haven't completed adequate troubleshooting before contact. Most customers tend to be retarded enough not to perform even the basics before contact, so they don't get much further than the first canned reply because the canned reply will fix their problem. If you don't follow up and tell them their canned reply doesn't do shit, they're going to assume you're one of those muppets that didn't do it. To put it in perspective, a canned response is the email version of IT asking if you've got your PC plugged in, and if you've rebooted it recently.

In future, if you want ACTUAL email support and yes this goes for ANY company you contact via email support, include links of your own in your email to them to show what you've already done before you send them in your "this doesn't werk weeeh" emails. If you put in the work to show that you're not a tard, 99% of the time you'll get the help and it will only include partial canned responses (aka your "thanks for your enquiry" entry and exit lines). I say 99% because every OSS team still has that one lazy fuck that does nothing but can.

People come to MATY asking for hardware suggestions, or to ask if their hardware is capable enough or if it would be responsible for issues they've been experiencing in the game running like ass; note HARDWARE, note the part about their games running like ass. No one ever comes here to ask why their macro mouse or keyboard don't work because they've failed to even consider that TS3 may not have been built with macro peripherals in mind, ala WoW (the game doesn't even support SLI, why would it support macro keys?). If your game is working perfectly in terms of how it is designed to play, there's nothing here anyone can do to help you except to tell you to update your drivers or buy a new mouse.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 December 16, 07:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A friend of mine once took Ambien on a business trip and woke up in the middle of the night naked, surrounded by fast food wrappers, and cross-legged on his bed in front of his laptop, which was open to Logitech's driver download page.

The only part of all of that he felt was really strange was that he didn't even own any Logitech peripherals.

/threadjack

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 December 16, 08:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A friend of mine once took Ambien on a business trip and woke up in the middle of the night naked, surrounded by fast food wrappers, and cross-legged on his bed in front of his laptop, which was open to Logitech's driver download page.

The only part of all of that he felt was really strange was that he didn't even own any Logitech peripherals.

/threadjack

HAH. Just last week my manmeat took ambien and he woke up on the couch at 3 am with the booking page for the QM2 cruise ship open. Thank fuck he didn't order anything though.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 December 16, 09:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAH. Just last week my manmeat took ambien and he woke up on the couch at 3 am with the booking page for the QM2 cruise ship open. Thank fuck he didn't order anything though.

No kidding. Can you imagine how much a cruise ship costs to buy? And where would you put it?

duncandisorderly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 December 16, 19:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As someone that has managed an OSS (Online Support Services) team before, I have to mock you for giving up at the first canned reply because that's not email support - it's a process (and a very successfull trimming the fat one at that you've fallen sucker to) to can at LEAST the first reply, if the customer has shown that they haven't completed adequate troubleshooting before contact. Most customers tend to be retarded enough not to perform even the basics before contact, so they don't get much further than the first canned reply because the canned reply will fix their problem. If you don't follow up and tell them their canned reply doesn't do shit, they're going to assume you're one of those muppets that didn't do it. To put it in perspective, a canned response is the email version of IT asking if you've got your PC plugged in, and if you've rebooted it recently.

In future, if you want ACTUAL email support and yes this goes for ANY company you contact via email support, include links of your own in your email to them to show what you've already done before you send them in your "this doesn't werk weeeh" emails. If you put in the work to show that you're not a tard, 99% of the time you'll get the help and it will only include partial canned responses (aka your "thanks for your enquiry" entry and exit lines). I say 99% because every OSS team still has that one lazy fuck that does nothing but can.

People come to MATY asking for hardware suggestions, or to ask if their hardware is capable enough or if it would be responsible for issues they've been experiencing in the game running like ass; note HARDWARE, note the part about their games running like ass. No one ever comes here to ask why their macro mouse or keyboard don't work because they've failed to even consider that TS3 may not have been built with macro peripherals in mind, ala WoW (the game doesn't even support SLI, why would it support macro keys?). If your game is working perfectly in terms of how it is designed to play, there's nothing here anyone can do to help you except to tell you to update your drivers or buy a new mouse.

Thank you for your detailed reply, I expected nothing less.  Obviously your area of expertise is in the art of complaining since you so eloquently explained the optimal way to achieve this.  Unfortunately, I have no need for your advice.  I regret that I'll never get the chance to try your cutting edge suggestion to write a follow up letter to Logitech.  In actual fact, that was already something I was planning to do.  Sorry.  None of that matters now because I have found a solution to my problem.  A truly Awesome member named rosess sent me a private message that forced me to inspect something I had overlooked and I was able to pinpoint my problem. 

I'm pretty confident that I understand the mindset of MATY.  Clearly this site does not suffer fools gladly and I must admit I share that view.  In future, may I suggest that you remember that there are other people on this site that are More Awesome Than YOU my dear kiki.  With all due respect you have contributed nothing to this thread apart from your ego.  I decided to post my question here because I trust this site to give me answers.  MATY gave me my answer before Logitech did and Logitech had a head start! 

Thank you MATY for letting me play with your pleb!  My problem is solved so feel free to close this thread. 
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 December 16, 20:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you MATY for letting me play with your pleb!  My problem is solved so feel free to close this thread. 

Did it just give an order?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 December 16, 20:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounded more like a request to me. I am favourably inclined to this n00b currently, as the reply to Kiki was all win.

Which does not mean I will lock the thread, however. That happens only rarely at MATY and is generally instigated by the Boss.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 December 16, 20:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounded more like a request to me.

Then can I have a cookie?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 December 16, 21:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if there's a good fight.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
duncandisorderly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 December 17, 05:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounded more like a request to me. I am favourably inclined to this n00b currently, as the reply to Kiki was all win.

Which does not mean I will lock the thread, however. That happens only rarely at MATY and is generally instigated by the Boss.

You are indeed correct, it was a simple request.  I felt it was appropriate to post one final time simply because you do not deserve to be ignored.   I must admit that I chuckled when I read the other plebs post asking if I gave an order.  As if. 

Once again, I thank the site for helping me.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 December 17, 06:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a general rule, we're helpful to people who are demonstrably not idiots and who have made an effort to troubleshoot and self-help, which you did.  Your lulzy takedown of Cokey was just gravy.  After spending part of the day looking at old threads, I have to assure you that you should be glad you didn't come here when the idiot Brynnistas were in power.  Not only would you not have been helped, but you would possibly have been glomped.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 December 17, 08:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glomped?
GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!

Also: duncandisorderly - can you post the solution for others?

duncandisorderly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 December 17, 13:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glomped?
GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!

Also: duncandisorderly - can you post the solution for others?

I'm more than happy to post again and share the solution.  My apologies for not thinking to do this before. 

It was suggested to me that I should look into setting my mouse options on a per-program basis.  My existing Set Point options only allow me to set the individual buttons to suit the current application that you are using.  Since it's never been a big problem for me to reassign a few buttons I never considered this option.  All I needed was a Mod for my mouse driver.  A Mod.  I googled the keywords *logitech mouse options per-programme mod*.  The page opened and about five links down I see the words *Awesome Mouse* in the title.  Any relation perhaps?  The link itself was a few years old, but it revealed the name of a Mod called UberOptions.  One search later and I found a recent version that was compatable for my current driver.  I installed it without any problem.  Once I finished setting my new options for The Sims 3, I tried the game and it worked!  Hope that helps.   
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 December 17, 18:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love duncandisorderly's name. That is all.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 December 17, 21:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The name is very Aussie. Reminds me of a classic Slim Dusty song:
I love to have a beer with Duncan