More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:01:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Half of Bridgeport Sims stand around, doing nothing..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Half of Bridgeport Sims stand around, doing nothing..  (Read 58026 times)
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
Re: Half of Bridgeport Sims stand around, doing nothing..
« Reply #75 on: 2010 December 05, 09:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, deleting the building and lot itself seems to have worked.

I let them stand around there for a while, but then I became nervous and I hit resetworld. Everything seems to have returned to normal, but I'll watch out for any problems.

ETA:
Interesting enough, everytime I try to load my save it crashes to desktop without any kind of warning. As in, it loads everything, I can see my sims for a second, then the screen freezes only to then crash to desktop without prompting me with any error. Every time.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 05, 13:22:53 by anaelir » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 December 05, 16:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting enough, everytime I try to load my save it crashes to desktop without any kind of warning. As in, it loads everything, I can see my sims for a second, then the screen freezes only to then crash to desktop without prompting me with any error. Every time.

Did they change the definition of the word "interesting" when I wasn't looking?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 December 05, 16:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. You can go now, "no one likes a thread-bumper."
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 December 05, 19:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. You can go now, "no one likes a thread-bumper."

Butthurt victolly for Senator Jeromy! Well done ole chap, gholfclaps all around.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 December 05, 20:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I suggest using AwesomeConfig then and removing your No-Mosaic? It's redundant to have them both, because you can use the AwesomeConfig page to configure a config file for awesomemod that by default removes the mosaic for you as part of AwesomeMod. No Mosaic has been known in the past to mess with other mods and files and I'm not experiencing any issues using the No Mosaic part of AwesomeMod.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear, I only use the awesomemod no mosiac, I've never had one from anywhere else.  But I will try it again with it unchecked in my config file and see if that helps
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 December 05, 23:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here as EppurSiMouve, I only have awesomemod and no mosiac from anywhere else.  I did notice the night to the Grind swarm it was the venue mentioned in the paper as being the place to go, so maybe that had something to do with it?  As amusing as it is to see the whole down walk zombie style to the Grind over and over, I was tired of it after a day.  The funny part was that once the club closed that first night, one by one people would leave by taxi, only to get home and immediately walk back to The Grind.  As for the lag, it didn't seem any different to me.

Can I suggest using AwesomeConfig then and removing your No-Mosaic? It's redundant to have them both, because you can use the AwesomeConfig page to configure a config file for awesomemod that by default removes the mosaic for you as part of AwesomeMod. No Mosaic has been known in the past to mess with other mods and files and I'm not experiencing any issues using the No Mosaic part of AwesomeMod.

There is a difference in the way the AM no mosaic and other no mosaic mods work, which is why alot of people like the non AM ones.  It is just important to make sure it is up to date.  The rothchild mod at MTS was updated for 1.17 but hasn't been updated for 1.18 yet (it may not need to be).  The trouble is, there are so many different versions of the same mod that some may be conflicting, while others aren't.  I can't say if the rothchild mod is a problem because I am not playing Bridgeport, but have most of these clubs in Riverview and have not yet seen a problem with people swarming.

Most people with this problem seem to be reporting it solved when they removed and replace the lot (both the building and/or empty lot), even if it is placed elsewhere in the hood.  If most of these problems are within Bridgeport, I would be more inclined to say it's an EAxis glitched hood, especially given the number of problems being reported within that hood itself.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 December 11, 15:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan says he has a fix that he added to Overwatch to watch for and correct the situation that causes this.  Does not prevent the situation, just corrects it when it happens. Details there.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: