More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:37:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  No celebs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No celebs?  (Read 14563 times)
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
No celebs?
« on: 2010 December 03, 18:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using AM story driver; are there supposed to be *no* celebs in-game when using AM that way?

I noticed the celeb button is missing entirely, so I have to assume the mod removed it or something.

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
Re: No celebs?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 03, 19:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What "celeb button," pray tell?

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 03, 20:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which neighborhood are you playing in? Sunset Valley doesn't start with any celebrities and awesomemod's story driver doesn't create them. If you want them you're going to have to create a few manually.

I think that by "celeb button" the OP means the celebrity journal button, which only appears if your sim is already a celebrity. That's probably why the OP can't find it.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 03, 20:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that by "celeb button" the OP means the celebrity journal button, which only appears if your sim is already a celebrity. That's probably why the OP can't find it.

Thank you for ruining the setup.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 03, 21:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually get celeb status so fast I never realised the button only appears after attaining it.

So how does one create celebs?

I thought the main prereq for being one was to simply know 25 people -- as suggested by the charisma skill challenge description of the same name -- but apparently that isn't the case (given that my character is *friends* with 32 people, and knows 90 atm)... but I'm guessing that's a feature of the now-irrelevant EA story driver.

I've been looking around on Google, but I don't see any obvious ways to "create a celebrity", so I'd like to know what I need to do in order to set up a few -- I'd like to make any big shots (maybe the family heads of the Goths and Altos) into celebs and then let the ball roll from there.

On another note, does AM tweak the requirements to impress a celeb? I've always thought it was too easy to get celeb status to begin with, and too easy to progress until one hits around 4-5 stars, when it can actually take a while to move up to the next rank... and even those ranks would be "too easy" proportionally speaking if it was more reasonably difficult to become a celeb in the first place, or progress through the earlier ranks.

Thoughts:

-Difficulty scaling for impressing a celeb: boasting about skills or jobs should have an effect proportional to the square of the level, where L10 gives about the same effect that L10 does now (half a bar for being a "Paranormal Expert" or a level 10 cook does make sense), but the "impress" amount logarithmically decreases down to about L4 or so, and below that one would actually *reduce* a celeb's impressed-ness for mentioning it at all -- "So you can fix the toilet without killing yourself... why did you waste my time telling me about this?"

-Magnitude scaling for improving celeb rating: I think one should have to be *friends* with at least 3-5 celebs before becoming one, or maybe become a very high ranked entertainer of some sort (it would also make sense for awards and town celebrations in a character's honor to give celeb points; being publicly given the key to the city ought to count for better than half of being an L1 celeb, IMO)

Regardless, it should still be much harder to get into "the club" in the first place, and MUCH harder to do it *only* by impressing celebs instead of doing noteworthy things one's self.

I don't know if AM focuses solely on fixing core gameplay stuff, or if it addresses "general suckiness" regardless of problem space; if not, maybe I'll create something on those lines myself.

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 03, 22:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for ruining the setup.

I'll try not to interfere next time.

So how does one create celebs?

Enable debug commands and enable debug interactions, control+shift+click the sim you want to make into a celebrity. Find the pie menu option for "Celebrity" and then "Set Celebrity Level".

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 December 07, 19:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.

I also noticed something else: *only* celebs I create are ever celebs, except for my own sims; that is, nobody else in the town is gaining any fame at all.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 December 08, 03:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are not a lot of fame-granting activities that don't involve other celebrities, so it is unusual for other sims to become famous on their own. Unless you want a system where a sim can RANDOMLY become a celebrity, probably because of the Internet, that's just how it is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 December 08, 19:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In any case, knowing how these games work, if it was possible for non-celeb sims to randomly become celebrities, it would likely be the case that all sims in a 'hood would be celebrities within 3 generations.  Considering how my current 'hood is going, this will likely happen in any case.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 December 08, 23:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it starts becoming an issue, I can investigate the possibility of implementing "Celebrity Decay", which ought to mitigate the problem where everyone becomes a celebrity forever and can never fade into obscurity because it's some kind of contagious disease.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 December 09, 09:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Celebrity feature reminded me of the godawful Reputation feature with Sims 2. I am thankful for those creators to come up with mods to curb that feature.

I am wondering if AM can contain several features similar to the job and skill features to determine the following:

1. Completely turn off the celebrity system so no Sim in the neighborhood will be granted Celebrity status.
2. Gain Celebrity status slowly according to the aging scales (Short, Normal, Long or Epic)
3. Allow certain activities to grant Celebrity points or levels that make sense

For example, simply greeting another Sim should not automatically grant a Sim Celebrity status at Level 0 even if the Celebrity Sim doesn't know the person who greeted him or her. Performing activities with a Celebrity Sim such as going out to a club or to a movie should grant some points but not instant levels. I believe Sims should WORK HARDER to gain those levels.

HP released a series of mods with varying points and requirements to allow Sims to gain levels the easy way or the Pescado (ultimately hard) way. But hers conflicted with some of the things I use. I don't mind dropping her mod from my Mods folder in favor for one if AM will include some features to allow us to specify how we want our Sims to gain Celebrity status in their towns.

I am currently playing Sunset Valley where I -know- no Sims were granted Celebrity status because I don't like how the Sims were gaining statuses so quickly in Bridgeport.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: