More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:45:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 8/11
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 8/11  (Read 75915 times)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 1/06
« Reply #25 on: 2011 January 28, 23:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No dice. Remove HL's if you want to use mine. You won't miss hers, as mine have always had the same feature. Granth's have the same feature as well.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 January 29, 00:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No dice. Remove HL's if you want to use mine. You won't miss hers, as mine have always had the same feature. Granth's have the same feature as well.

Oh cool! I was unaware of that fact. Thank you muchly. Smiley

update: Well I tried your curtains and they do not have the same feature as HL's. Neither does Granth's (though he did mention he was working on making both options available in one mod). Having curtains shiftable is nice, but I very much prefer being able to place them anywhere on the grid by holding the ALT key, which HL's version does. Your version does the same as using moveobjects on without any mod for it. So anyway, I would like to have all the other store stuff you made shiftable. So please reconsider my first request? Thank you

btw.. having the ability to place curtains with the ALT key allows for more versatility. For instance, I can have shower curtains and make them line up to the wall correctly or place around the Vampires coffin bed for a cool effect.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 29, 14:15:01 by Fizzy » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2011 January 29, 20:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alt key doesn't work with shiftable items as you use the alt key to shift things up and down 'off grid'. Mine don't snap to the wall automatically though, which is what you SEEMED to be requesting. The only way to have both features is to have the shift feature coded in a pop-up menu, similar to how changing lighting works, or how Granth's OMSP thing works, and that would be freaking annoying imho.

You can remove them yourself pretty easily with S3PE. Just look at things with 'curtain' in the name. But I'll do an update next Thursday, since there will probably be something that needs fixing with the next 'major' store update.

Also, don't try and give me decorating tips. I can do all the crap you mentioned easily as long as the objects in question are not off grid.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 January 29, 20:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So anyway, I would like to have all the other store stuff you made shiftable. So please reconsider my first request? Thank you

Why should she reconfigure her entire system just to make one person's mod work for them? That's not a very reasonable request. If it's that big of a deal to use, don't use Moryrie's work. Pick one or the other: it's very simple.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 January 30, 03:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Moryrie: Apparently there is a misunderstanding. Forget any request I made and thank you for your time. Smiley And I wasn't giving you decorating tips. Sorry if it came accross like that. I was trying to convey to you why I prefer to have curtains that I can move freely on the grid, which your mod does not do.

@spockblock: I was not asking Moryrie to reconfigure her entire system. I don't even know how you could get that from what I said. And as far as picking one or the other, I was trying to pick Moryrie's wonderful work for everything else except the curtains.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 January 30, 04:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moryries are awesome.  They should #grah.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 January 30, 05:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree they are awesome. But what HL's curtains do is more important to me for my design needs. Smiley
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 January 30, 05:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moryries are awesome.  They should #grah.

I agree they are awesome. But what HL's curtains do is more important to me for my design needs. Smiley

So stop you're bitchin' already. You do know you can do those things without HL's mod, right? Also, not that hard to change Moryrie's so that they do that as well.
« Last Edit: 2011 January 30, 06:24:01 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 January 30, 05:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So stop you're bitchin' already. You do know you can do those things without HL's mod, right? Also, not that hard to change Moryries so that they do that as well.
It was my understanding that there was only one Moryrie.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 January 30, 06:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So stop you're bitchin' already.
no bitchin here.. just convo. Smiley

You do know you can do those things without HL's mod, right?
Really? oohh.. I didn't realize. Please tell me how? But I do have to ask, if it can be done without her mod, why did she make that mod?

Also, not that hard to change Moryries so that they do that as well.
Oh.. well I suppose.. but I'm not good at modding. I wish I was as good as you guys on the computer. I can do some basic stuff but my eyesite isn't the greatest and I get headaches when I concentrate as hard as I need to follow the turorials. I've tried and I might go back and try again, but we'll see. That's why I'm always very appreciative of all the stuff the Sims CC community has done. Seriously, Thank you.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 January 30, 06:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is only one(Moryrie), fixed. HL even hints to the fact that there are ways to do this without her mod in the first paragraph of the overview for it. Changing an OBJD file in S3PE takes no time at all, you just make "on wall" false under wall placement flags.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Fizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 January 30, 09:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it can't be done without modding it? Shucks. Well maybe when I have a good day with my eyes I will try out what you said. But I'm not very familiar with S3PE. I've only used it like twice. So if I did do this, would I just open Moryrie's original file 'StoreStuffMadeShiftable.package'? Would it be easy to find the curtains in there. You make it sound so easy, but it's not that easy for me. Anyway, Thank you for the info.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 2/03
« Reply #37 on: 2011 February 04, 02:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy now?  Tongue

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 3/03
« Reply #38 on: 2011 March 16, 15:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any plans for adding the Store shelving to this? I noticed yesterday that the base game shelving moves but hadn't realised the store shelving items weren't included in this.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2011 March 16, 21:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I had included everything labeled 'Wall sculpture'?

Give me some item names and I'll work on including them.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 March 17, 15:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad. I must be using an older version (which I have tweaked for my personal use) which only consists of curtains, TVs, clocks and lights.
I just checked against the version in the first post and it does seem to include all of the shelving items I am aware of.
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 5/05
« Reply #41 on: 2011 May 24, 21:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do I install these packages for working?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 6/02
« Reply #42 on: 2011 July 09, 23:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried to build a tropyhy room and realized to my horror that mounted fish are not shiftable. Any chance of a fix there?  It's going to have to be a big room if all 34 types of fish are going to get their own wall.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 July 10, 13:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of having to alter each item to make it shiftable, couldn't one mod be made that would allow all items that automatically snapped to a wall or had the trait, 'this item must be placed against a wall'  to shift?  This way it would only need to be updated for each patch/EP/SP rather than every time the Store released things.  And it would cover in theory everything? 

I'm not a modder so I really have no idea if this idea is possible, plus it is really early and I have not yet had my coffee, but it just seems more logical to do it that way if it is.   

If not, I second the shiftable mounted fish idea  Grin
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2011 July 11, 09:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Gwill, Done. Please tell me how it works for you, as I do not have all these mounted fish, therefore cannot test them.

@Cerridwen .. I have no idea how the hell to do that. The only person I can think of who might is buzzler, who probably has too much on his plate with keeping his mods updated as is. If that were invented, my life would be easier, but you cannot expect me to do that, as that would require a scripting mod.. and these are minor OBJD edits.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 18, 21:56:37 by Moryrie » Logged

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Store Stuff Made Shiftable: Update 7/11
« Reply #45 on: 2011 July 11, 17:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't seem to be working. Sad
I'll double and triple check and get back to you.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2011 July 12, 21:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what else I can do to make them work, unless I try and use the same method used to making shifty curtains.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2011 September 18, 21:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry it took so long, but I now have a fully functional version of the shifty-mounted-fish mod. It was a really simple thing I overlooked. And this time I did get to test it.

I'll update the shiftable store stuff lump file next store update. No real point in posting the update now, as its just ugly mirrors that were added.

* WorkingShiftyfish.7z (2.62 KB - downloaded 680 times.)

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 October 08, 18:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works like a dream now!

Sheep noises will be made in your honour.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 October 22, 03:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mod is excellent Moryrie. However, it appears that sketches made on the drawing board are not shiftable. Is there any chance of support for sketches being added?

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: