More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:46:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unsavoury charlatan
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unsavoury charlatan  (Read 9860 times)
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Unsavoury charlatan
« on: 2010 December 01, 00:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed BV and the unsavoury charlatan doesn't have monocle nor moustache in my game. Can I fix it?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Unsavoury charlatan
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 03, 12:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure why he would have spawned without these, if there's any problem there, but you might try change-appearance-anyone(1b) by Dizzy. I believe it's in anthology2-seasons.zip. This hack lets you use a Maxis or sufficiently updated cc mirror to select any sim's makeup/hair/clothing/jewelry (clothing/jewelry choices are limited to what's in the wardrobe of the active sim). Also, the target needs to be on the lot to appear among the "change appearance of..." options when you click the mirror, so this would likely have to be done on a community lot. I haven't tried to change my UC's appearance with this, but it's worked well for countless townies, baristas, professors, witches, and other game-generated types in need of a touch-up.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 03, 14:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Batbox "Fix Flashing Blue" will also bring up the mirror interface for anyone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 16, 00:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed BV and the unsavoury charlatan doesn't have monocle nor moustache in my game. Can I fix it?

Do you have any mods that either hide or unlock EAxis stuff? I had some NPCs spawn without their special hair/hats when I used a mod to unlock those items. Similarly, a mod that hid some EAxis hair messed up my maids and firefighters once. A firefighter in a llama hat was kind of funny though.

Anyway, if a mod like that is to blame, taking it out now won't help, so you'll still need to fix their appearance somehow.

Fail.
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 February 22, 01:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try it! Thanks! Smiley
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 February 24, 15:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any mods that either hide or unlock EAxis stuff? I had some NPCs spawn without their special hair/hats when I used a mod to unlock those items. Similarly, a mod that hid some EAxis hair messed up my maids and firefighters once. A firefighter in a llama hat was kind of funny though.

Anyway, if a mod like that is to blame, taking it out now won't help, so you'll still need to fix their appearance somehow.
[/quote]

I don't have any mod to hide or unlock EAxis stuff.  I have tried with bat box to give the monocle and moustache to the unsavoury charlatan (thanks Pescado) but I have seen that he has another head (the first prototype of the bodyshop). I see another UC and they have different faces than mine. I tried with a vanilla game and UC are the same without monocle, moustache and prototype 1 of bodyshop faces. I can't understand why.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 February 24, 21:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I played TS2, I distinctly remember my vacation hoods eventually getting FUBAR after a while with regards to NPCs spawning with the wrong hair and outfits but I never looked into the cause.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 February 25, 13:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had Crumplebottom spawn on a residential lot in a custom hood with no uni subnh:  this is nonstandard, yes?  Also, the hood in question did go FUBAR shortly thereafter.  I still don't know where she came from; she appeared shortly after Humble, who shouldn't have shown up either, considering I had "nohumble" installed (!).  NPCs do the wierdest things.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 February 26, 07:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had Crumplebottom spawn on a residential lot in a custom hood with no uni subnh:  this is nonstandard, yes?  Also, the hood in question did go FUBAR shortly thereafter.  I still don't know where she came from; she appeared shortly after Humble, who shouldn't have shown up either, considering I had "nohumble" installed (!).  NPCs do the wierdest things.

Why do you think the absence of a Uni subhood is relevant to Mrs C?  She was added with the NL expansion (EP2), not the Uni expansion (EP1).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 February 26, 08:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the NPCs start behaving and walking around like regular townies, it's a very obvious sign that everything is about to blow up.
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 February 26, 18:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, Indeed--quite right.  I guess I had forgotten that since I only ever saw her at uni community lots:  I have an abhorrence for the whole downtown scene, so my sims never go there.  At any rate, I didn't think she was supposed to show up out of the blue at a residential lot just knitting away.  And, of course, everything DID blow up just after that.  It was coincidental to the appearance of Humble concurrent with the installation of the nohumble hack.  It might have been that I had a conflicting hack installed (?).  I torched the hood, started over, and so far have been putting up with Humble, just in case I do have something that was conflicting with it.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 February 26, 21:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I had forgotten that since I only ever saw her at uni community lots: 

Um... she's not supposed to be on uni community lots, either. Crumplebottom is a downtown only NPC (except in Seasons, where she can climb out of the wishing well if you get a bad romance wish, but I don't think she sticks around after the purse-beating).
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 February 26, 21:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I stand corrected.   Embarrassed  My sims don't frequent any sort of community lots as a general rule, so it had been a very loooong time since I'd seen her.  And in the hood where she spawned on the residential lot, I didn't have any community lots created at all, uni, nl, or otherwise.  So, safe to say, I hadn't visited one.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 February 27, 07:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she was feeling neglected.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: