More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:38:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.18/2.13/3.9/4.6/5.4/6.1
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.18/2.13/3.9/4.6/5.4/6.1  (Read 70907 times)
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.18/2.13/3.9/4.6/5.4/6.1
« Reply #75 on: 2010 December 25, 02:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck you EA. You didn't fucking patch my game to .17 and it's still on .0001. Fuck you. I'm on a fucking cruise and I have to download a bajillion patches which are hiking up my minutes on the interwebz. I hate you so much, you worthless sack of shit. I hope you go out of business. So not worth my time and money.

'Night, MATY.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Gumballmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 December 30, 14:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble updating the latest patch for LN.

As I recall it started when updating AM. When starting TS3 I got a message saying: "..unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the sims 3. ..". It suggested I quit game. (When ignoring this, AM acctualy worked fine in game without any crashes).

In the thread "Stupid Sims 3 patch", Mosquito seemed to have the same problem (but with a diffrent patch). Madame Mim suggested TS3 patch Downloader. I used it but the latest patch for LN still failed to install (to 6.1.11 from 6.0.81), with message "Invalid file found". I've tried patching sevral times with CC and without, lacking success.

From what I can gather, Mosquito decided to reinstall the game. Is there no other option that I sould try first?

My Late Night game isn't cracked. I've replaced the Resource file in Program Files and created a shortcut to the TS3EP03 app, nothing else.

What's causing the patch to fail and can I fix it?
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 December 30, 16:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few patches back, I had problems updating when I did not remove the d3dx9_31.dll file from my game bin folder. 

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 December 30, 16:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just uninstall and reinstall the game, it takes what ten minutes? If even that.

The Ambitions patch/update has been out long enough, there's no reason anyone should still have the d3dx9_31.dll in their framework.
Gumballmachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 December 30, 16:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't have the d3dx9_31.dll anymore. Guess I'll reinstall then.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 December 30, 19:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't have the d3dx9_31.dll anymore. Guess I'll reinstall then.

Clean your registry before you reinstall. The game is picky about old bits that don't get removed by the uninstaller.

Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2011 January 08, 21:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New member here, I'm sorry for any noob behaviour.

I tried installing the new patch from the launcher, as it have worked before. (No, I don't have a legal copy. I know that it was probably a bad idea.)
Anyway, it installs normally but when close to 100%, it says "Invalid file found" and then it shuts down. Instead, the darn program started to install one of the old patches, and I mean REALLY old patches. I thought I already had them all, but the installation worked fine. So far, so good? Tried to install the 6.1 patch again, and still got the same problem though. I have googled the problem and someone said that it might work if I remove the crack and put the original TS3EP03.exe back, and so I did. The problem didn't go away, so now I ask you.

Pwease help me solve this problem, before I commit seppuku?

(Oh, and I also tried downloading the patch linked in OP's post, problem didn't go away..)
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2011 January 08, 21:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New member here, I'm sorry for any noob behaviour.

I tried installing the new patch from the launcher, as it have worked before. (No, I don't have a legal copy. I know that it was probably a bad idea.)
Anyway, it installs normally but when close to 100%, it says "Invalid file found" and then it shuts down. Instead, the darn program started to install one of the old patches, and I mean REALLY old patches. I thought I already had them all, but the installation worked fine. So far, so good? Tried to install the 6.1 patch again, and still got the same problem though. I have googled the problem and someone said that it might work if I remove the crack and put the original TS3EP03.exe back, and so I did. The problem didn't go away, so now I ask you.

Pwease help me solve this problem, before I commit seppuku?

(Oh, and I also tried downloading the patch linked in OP's post, problem didn't go away..)

Don't use a cracked .exe, you can't patch your game if you use those. I've read putting the originals back when patching works but it never has for me. Use awesomemod or Nraas no cd mod. Cracked .exes are evil, at least for Sims 3, the Sims 2 ones still allowed you to update.
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2011 January 08, 22:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use a cracked .exe, you can't patch your game if you use those. I've read putting the originals back when patching works but it never has for me. Use awesomemod or Nraas no cd mod. Cracked .exes are evil, at least for Sims 3, the Sims 2 ones still allowed you to update.

I googled for Nraas no cd mod, and got a 5kb large file without any explanation on how to use it.. Sorry for my stupidity, but what do I do with it?
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2011 January 08, 22:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I googled for Nraas no cd mod, and got a 5kb large file without any explanation on how to use it.. Sorry for my stupidity, but what do I do with it?
Install it as you would any other .package file.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2011 January 08, 22:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it in the mods/packages folder, and replaced all the cracks with the original file. But when I install the patch, I still get the same error. Have I done anything wrong?

Edit: typo.
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2011 January 08, 23:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never gotten it to work by replacing the cracked with the originals, so you have to reinstall.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011 January 08, 23:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just use Awesomemod to bypass the CD check.

Anyway, your game is fucked. Nuke it from orbit and reinstall. As everyone else is telling you, don't use cracked .exes next time.

Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011 January 08, 23:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, The Sims is probably the game that I've had to reinstall the most!

But a reinstall it is, then! I assume I can't keep my sims families, as it might make the game turn into the holocaust again, right? And I shouldn't uninstall the thing the "normal" way, since then I guess the stuff in my computers registry won't be removed?

Heck, is there any guide for this? When I search the forum a billion of threads pops up about various problems, but I can't seem to find a more specific guide about removing all the bullshit that comes with The Sims..
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011 January 08, 23:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you can keep your saves.  If you back up your Electronic Arts folder in Documents, reinstall, run, and replace the new Electronic Arts folder with the old one, you should be fine.

Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011 January 08, 23:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, thanks for all the help!

One last question though: Will the launcher fuck up my game? Should I avoid the launcher at all cost? If yes, how do I tell which game version I have?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2011 January 08, 23:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it will muck up your game. I personally use it to install Riverview (no matter how detailed the alternative instructions it's the only way I can make it work), but it isn't neccessary for most times. It's a great big chunk of useless that the game doesn't need to run. If you point directly to the exe the game still runs fine and installing through a third party sims3pack tool gives you a lot more control over what is going into your game. You should also read the thread on combining your packages because the only good thing the launcher ever did was operate the ingame dbc creator.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2011 January 08, 23:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, The Sims is probably the game that I've had to reinstall the most!

But a reinstall it is, then! I assume I can't keep my sims families, as it might make the game turn into the holocaust again, right? And I shouldn't uninstall the thing the "normal" way, since then I guess the stuff in my computers registry won't be removed?

This all depend what problems your game is having.  If it is simply an invalid file while trying to patch, then letting EAxis uninstaller run then reinstalling is not likely to cause you further issues, at least when I encountered that problem it worked fine that way for me.  If you are having issues with the game/patch not recognising the appropriate game version, or CD-Key, then you may need to delve deeper to remove those details from the registry before doing a re-install.

One last question though: Will the launcher fuck up my game? Should I avoid the launcher at all cost? If yes, how do I tell which game version I have?

The launcher won't always fuck up your game, many people still use it to install .world and .sim3pack files, while others avoid it completely.  If you use AM, then launch the game from the game .exe which will allow the AM no-CD check to kick in, allowing you to bypass the launcher, or if you use 3booter and the FPS limiter (search and read about those in the right thread) you just need to make a shortcut to 3booter to fire up the game.

Go search over at MTS for the patch updater, that will let you download full patches if available, especially when doing a fresh install, or partial patches if already patched, and it shows you what version ALL EPs and SPs are at.  Using the EAxis launcher to patch will usually get you the base game and latest EP/SP patch and nothing in between.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2011 January 09, 00:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded the MTS patch thingy, works fine! I have begun the reinstallment of the game now, hopefully everything will work. I think I'm gonna try out the AM, I must admit I haven't before. Can't wait, since it does sound awesome! Smiley I think it might be a better idea not to add my old families tho, as the neighborhood I was playing in was a major fuck up. (I had the problem with NPC's gathering at a single building and then stand there for days, peeing, puking and sleeping. Didn't meet any stars or vampires either, weird.) Or will the patch fix this?

Speaking of the patch itself, and LN bugs: I have noticed that my sims get stuck in their movement for a couple of seconds from time to time. Or better yet: They get stuck in their movement like once every 10 second. It took me 2 sims hours to get my sim to walk 10 meters to get to the bar and buy a darn drink because of this. The time still keeps on going, and all the other animations aswell. It seems like just the sims are having this problem. So I don't think it's a regular framerate problem, and there wasn't any difference when I tried to change my graphic options. Does anyone else have this problem, and does the latest patch fix it?

I feel like I could go on forever, I probably shouldn't.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2011 January 09, 01:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the patch itself, and LN bugs: I have noticed that my sims get stuck in their movement for a couple of seconds from time to time. Or better yet: They get stuck in their movement like once every 10 second. It took me 2 sims hours to get my sim to walk 10 meters to get to the bar and buy a darn drink because of this. The time still keeps on going, and all the other animations aswell. It seems like just the sims are having this problem. So I don't think it's a regular framerate problem, and there wasn't any difference when I tried to change my graphic options. Does anyone else have this problem, and does the latest patch fix it?
Are your specs sufficient to play the game?  I'd like to know what they are.

Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011 January 09, 01:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ATI Radeon 4870
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs)
4gb RAM
Windows Vista, 64bits OS.

Something like that. Do tell if I've missed something of importance!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011 January 09, 01:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ATI Radeon 4870
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs)
4gb RAM
Windows Vista, 64bits OS.

Something like that. Do tell if I've missed something of importance!
Nothing wrong here- your specs are excellent.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011 January 09, 01:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably correct.

One thing about the launcher, though. Some people won't use it for anything, others will. All depends on your various level of paranoias of things EAxian, as well as your ability to put up with its awfulness, and constant CTDs. I think most people around here use it to install store content at the very least, although there are ways around that as well. And worlds.

Keep your saves and try them out. They won't hurt anything, and AM may fix some of the borkedness you've been having with your old games. Your specs seem adequate.

Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011 January 09, 02:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man. I have reinstalled everything, patched it up without any problems and I downloaded AM. I started the game directly from the TS3EP03.exe (original from a fresh install, not a cracked version) and now it says that I'm not using a legal version of the sims. The game shuts down directly after the first loading screen. If god exists, he must be in some kind of Eaxian anti piracy crew.  Sad

Edit: I installed Nraas no cd and now it finally works! Just one last problem: my screen resolution is f-ed up now that I've reinstalled it. I can't get to the option screen either, because it's too far to the left. I can only see the half right of the screen. Is there any way to change the game resolution without turning on the game?
« Last Edit: 2011 January 09, 02:22:13 by Fishiemew » Logged
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2011 January 09, 02:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually uses the term "legal?" I've never.....you're right, someone somewhere is fucking with you right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: