More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:27:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Is the firefighter career bugged or are my settings off?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is the firefighter career bugged or are my settings off?  (Read 6497 times)
Mortimer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Is the firefighter career bugged or are my settings off?
« on: 2010 November 24, 21:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this mod specifically to slow down the time it takes to level my skills and professions.  Because I thought being level 5 in a week as a fire fighter was too simple

I turned on all the scales for aging and am running the game on epic aging...I used my old sim but put him in a new game with the mod installed.

on the first day of the job I got a simple call to to put out a fire, when I put it out though I instantly gained 4 levels.  is this a known issue or do I need to change other variables?  any idea as to what happened? it did seem like the skills were running slower before I went to work.

Thanks for any help
rdogtpb
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Is the firefighter career bugged or are my settings off?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 25, 00:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the awesomemod config tool to generate an aweconfig.package which will load your age scaling settings or are you setting those each time you load your game?

-Dog
Mortimer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 25, 01:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the config tool. 

I did some more testing and it seems all the professions are  advancing super fast.  The jobs and skills seem to be running correctly scaled, much slower than the vanilla game, but the professions are going faster during events, like completing the job is a big boost but hanging out at the fire house is much slower than before.
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 25, 02:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the awesomemod config tool to generate an aweconfig.package which will load your age scaling settings or are you setting those each time you load your game?

-Dog

If you do not know what you are talking about. Shut up.

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 25, 04:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will investigate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mortimer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 25, 10:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after further testing, when I lower the aging scale to the lowest setting it actually gives the slower progression just on completed tasks.  So there must be a coding issue where the effects for aging are reversed from what they should be.  I'll try to find it in the code if I can, and post it here if I do find something.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 25, 13:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's okay, we can find it with the information given.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mortimer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 27, 10:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I turned off the scaling by age and set my own values fo about what it should be for the job progression.  This seems to be working really well all but when I maintain the alarm/firetruck  or repair a broken item  I get a big boost to repair.  it also seems cooking gets a boost when the food is cooked but this is not as large as the repair stuff.

But for my repair, I went in and read a book a bit the first couple days, and hardly raised my skill any, maybe it got up to the first little line.  Then I repaired the alarm and truck and when done was almost to level 2, I gained over 1.5 skill points in the 2 actions.

After not figureing out this, I gave up on the figherfighter and made a new sim to play. this one had a broken sink, and with not studying at all, got about .75 for the one sink fix.

Is there a setting to adjust these boosts?  Or did EA just make it annoying?

I do not mean to be a pain, it is just if I could just get the skill progression fixed and ballanced, with this mod's other features this game would be truly great.  Thanks for the hard work so far too Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 27, 11:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be fixed in the new version.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: