More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:48:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Personalities (Traits and Labels)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Personalities (Traits and Labels)  (Read 46476 times)
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Personalities (Traits and Labels)
« on: 2010 November 27, 08:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently discovered an interesting file when I was looking through the GameplayData file for a file I needed for one of my projects. The file was called Personas. It is a list of personalities with five traits and labels to give Sims their own distinctive personalities. I extracted the information and compiled a list for my own use when I create new Sims or give new traits to my children born in their families.

This list is not like the other two threads in Facts & Strategery that merely listed the traits. This one has personalities made up with five different traits and labels.

My most favorite personalities are Maniac and Villain. My least favorite personality is Don Juan because this personality is nothing like the Romance aspiration for Sims 2. I had a female Don Juan who didn't hit on Sims she met and befriended. I was hoping she would be slutty enough to be used by the town to spawn kids.  Cheesy

Personalities:

Airhead:

Childish
Excitable
Flirty
AbsentMinded
OverEmotional

Aristocrat:

Snob
Artistic
Grumpy
Inappropriate
NoSenseOfHumor

Bohemian:

Artistic
Virtuoso
Ambitious
OverEmotional
Frugal

Bully:

MeanSpirited
HotHeaded
Athletic
Unforgiving
Coward

CyberPunk:

ComputerWhiz
Genius
Lucky
CouchPotato
HatesOutdoors

DonJuan:

Flirty
Charismatic
GreatKisser
GoodSenseOfHumor
NaturalCook

Emo:

Grumpy
Loner
Artistic
Ambitious
Virtuoso

Entrepreneur:

Artistic
Angler
Ambitious
Perfectionist
Charismatic

LifeOfTheParty:

PartyAnimal
Inappropriate
Schmoozer
Flirty
Ambitious

Geek:

ComputerWhiz
Genius
Handy
Loner
Childish

GoodyTwoShoes:

Good
Friendly
HopelessRomantic
Ambitious
Neat

Hermit:

Loner
HatesOutdoors
BookWorm
Handy
Artistic

Hero:

Brave
Good
Friendly
Athletic
GreatKisser

Hippy:

Vegetarian
LovesTheOutdoors
Good
Slob
Mooch

Homemaker:

FamilyOriented
NaturalCook
Neat
Friendly
Excitable

Introvert:

Loner
Artistic
BookWorm
HopelessRomantic
OverEmotional

Jerk:

MeanSpirited
Inappropriate
Unforgiving
Mooch
DislikesChildren

Jock:

Athletic
PartyAnimal
Brave
Ambitious
Handy

Klutz:

Clumsy
Excitable
Friendly
Good
EasilyImpressed

Maniac:

Evil
Kleptomaniac
Insane
Daredevil
Excitable

Miser:

Grumpy
Frugal
NoSenseOfHumor
Neurotic
DislikesChildren

Naturalist:

LovesTheOutdoors
Angler
GreenThumb
Friendly
Handy

NiceGuyGal:

Friendly
Good
Charismatic
GoodSenseOfHumor
HopelessRomantic

Ornery:

HotHeaded
NoSenseOfHumor
Grumpy
Unforgiving
Inappropriate

PowerSeeker:

Ambitious
Workaholic
Schmoozer
Snob
Brave

Princess:

LightSleeper
Neat
Charismatic
Excitable
Good

Prodigy:

Genius
Artistic
BookWorm
Handy
Lucky

Rocker:

Virtuoso
PartyAnimal
Daredevil
Flirty
HeavySleeper

Rugged:

Brave
Handy
Flirty
HotHeaded
LovesTheOutdoors

Scholar:

BookWorm
Genius
Charismatic
Perfectionist
AbsentMinded

Slacker:

Mooch
CouchPotato
HeavySleeper
AbsentMinded
NoSenseOfHumor

Sleaze:

Flirty
Schmoozer
CommitmentIssues
Mooch
MeanSpirited

Socialite:

Charismatic
Schmoozer
Charismatic
Friendly
GoodSenseOfHumor

ThrillSeeker:

Daredevil
Brave
Athletic
Ambitious
Excitable

Tragic:

Loser
OverEmotional
NeverNude
Coward
Clumsy

Villain:

Evil
Genius
Ambitious
MeanSpirited
Charismatic

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Personalities (Traits and Labels)
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 27, 09:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's basically a junk file, it references things which they never made.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 27, 09:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These personalities still can be used as a reference guide when new Sims are created. I think they can be used for things like Twallan's SP mod that uses personalities to give Sims their unique titles in town like Tart, Biker, Cat, Robin Hood and so on.

The ones that do work were the Bohemian, Thrillseeker and Homemaker personalities. They roll wants that interest them the most. Homemakers (similar to Family in Sims 2) roll wants to cook, clean and have children while Thrillseekers (a mix of both Fortune and Knowledge maybe) roll wants to exercise and buy some expensive things (similar to Fortune in Sims 2). Bohemians (reminds me of Pleasure Sims) roll wants to paint and play guitar.

I currently have a handful of children with Little Princess, Airhead, Cyberpunk and Klutz personalities that I want to check out to see what wants they roll.

There were a couple of personalities I don't get: Villain and Maniac. The only difference between the two is the Kleptomaniac trait, but they both are perfect for the Criminal career tracks as thieves or evil leaders of the world.

The traits that weren't listed are the hidden traits like Vampire for example. If all the traits are unlocked in CAS, then the sky is the limit on having more personalities available than the ones listed here. These seem to be the stock personalities to give townies their own personalities.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 27, 11:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These personalities still can be used as a reference guide when new Sims are created. I think they can be used for things like Twallan's SP mod that uses personalities to give Sims their unique titles in town like Tart, Biker, Cat, Robin Hood and so on.
There is no magical specific AI that causes sim to behave in some predefined mold that is enabled by specific traits. Behaviors and wants are largely emergent, based on the arbitrary traits you may have selected. That is why this file is completely ignored by the game and does not actually appear anywhere. In fact, it's basically gibberish that mentions stuff which isn't even the game.

The ones that do work were the Bohemian, Thrillseeker and Homemaker personalities. They roll wants that interest them the most. Homemakers (similar to Family in Sims 2) roll wants to cook, clean and have children while Thrillseekers (a mix of both Fortune and Knowledge maybe) roll wants to exercise and buy some expensive things (similar to Fortune in Sims 2). Bohemians (reminds me of Pleasure Sims) roll wants to paint and play guitar.
None of them "work". The labels you see above aren't prescriptive, they're descriptive. To say that the packages above "work" is like saying the law of gravity is what causes gravity to behave the way it does. That's not how it works: The law of gravity isn't a law passed by a legislative body mandating the functionality of gravity, it's a description of how an observed phenomenon works.

There were a couple of personalities I don't get: Villain and Maniac. The only difference between the two is the Kleptomaniac trait, but they both are perfect for the Criminal career tracks as thieves or evil leaders of the world.
There's nothing to "get". They're arbitrary descriptions that have no functionality or purpose.

The traits that weren't listed are the hidden traits like Vampire for example. If all the traits are unlocked in CAS, then the sky is the limit on having more personalities available than the ones listed here. These seem to be the stock personalities to give townies their own personalities.
There are no "Stock Personalities" that do anything. What you are seeing is simply an emergent behavior based on some influences created by presence of those traits and interactions that advertise trait-specific motives. There are no prescriptive personalities in the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 27, 12:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite like this for legacies - I think instead of rolling up wants when you have legacy kids, you roll up a personality type and then apply each of the traits that suit that personality. I think it'd make things really interesting to see definitive personality differences between your siblings and heirs.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 27, 13:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Unforgiving a scrapped trait (like Stupid) or a different name for an existing one?

Dive in!
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 27, 14:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are traits that do trigger specific behaviors and interactions. A Kleptomaniac isn't a Kleptomaniac without that trait in order to perform thieving interactions. Ambitious Sims get a positive moodlet from successfully getting promoted or accomplishing something with the Ambitious trait. Neat Sims clean their houses without being prompted to if they have the Neat trait.

Specific traits do define Sims.

When I said "There were a couple of personalities I don't get: Villain and Maniac", I meant that I don't understand why two personalities are identical. I don't understand why EA made two personalities alike. One personality would suffice to contain a set of traits for let's say both career tracks of the Criminal job.

This list of personalities do help us understand what would constitute a personality in a rudimentary way to determine the type of Sims we come across in our games. The game does not have to use these personalities, but they do define the Sim as in how they interact with the world around them.

I would write down the personalities in my Sims' bios so I will know what kind of personality they have been given at birth or at creation (CAS). I use them to play families who could be boring, interesting, extremely chaotic or divinely angelic. I like to think that the family would have to learn to get along with each other despite their different personalities.

Like you said for legacy challenges or families, I would write down their personalities to keep track of in my own notes. I have one couple, a Thrillseeker and a Homemaker, for my town that I like to think of as a founding family. They later had five children, each assigned a different personality with their own ambitions and lifetime wishes. Their first one is a Cyberpunk who spent most nights in the privacy of his bedroom hacking on the computer while his parents slept. Their second child is a Bohemian who likes to paint all day and do nothing else but paint. I envision the family as people with their own unique personalities doing what interest them the most. The Thrillseeker was constantly focusing on body building and getting better promotions to support the large family with her wife who's a Homemaker. She's satisfied staying home to raise the children and enjoying the housework on top of growing a garden outside. This is the kind of imagination I have when I play my families, picturing them with different personalities pursuing their own interests.

This list doesn't mention the hidden traits. So the personalities that were listed are assumed to be stock personalities from which we would understand our Sims and how they interact with the world around them. Let's say if I didn't like the Don Juan personality, I could take out Natural Cook and put something better in its stead to create a variant of the Don Juan personality. But I will know that the Sim is basically a Don Juan (or is it Don Juanita for the female Sim?) to begin with for the sole purpose of knowing who the Sim is when playing the game.

The file did look like something EA planned but later scrapped during the planning stage of Sims 3 and did not clean up the code well enough to remove the remnants of their early plans to use the personalities in the game. But it is still a fun list of personalities and its associated traits!

I heard of the Unforgiving trait, but I can't think of any other trait that replaces the Unforgiving trait. Is that a custom trait in AM by chance, Pescado?

The other traits that weren't listed but were and still are part of AM:

Pedobait
Pedobear
Registered Sex Offender
Stupid (although I think this one was brought back by AM)

Hidden traits that weren't listed but are not part of AM:

Vampire
Immunity to Fire

If you know there's more that weren't mentioned, feel free to add them.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 27, 14:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To make a better Don Juan persona, you're better off replacing Natural Cook with Commitment Issues. As soon as your sim will go steady with someone, (s)he will roll wants to break up and to meet someone new.
I read about other AM traits like Blind or Racist, but have no idea if they were really done or went down the drain.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 27, 14:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hidden Traits

Immune To Fire
Pyromaniac
Makes No Messes
Pizza Appreciator
Burglar
Can Apprehend Burglar
Can Salute
Vampire
Mummy
Simbot
Rocker
Asian Culture
French Culture
Egyptian Culture

Other AM traits I'm aware of:

Incontinent
Chosen
Narcolepsy
Tealdeer
Tealdeer Immune

I've only used Incontinent on an elder sim and it works, he keeps pissing himself all over town. The rest (except from Chosen, obviously) I don't know about, haven't tried them (yet).

Dive in!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 27, 18:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Narcolepsy and Tealdeer work too.  Narcoleptics will fall asleep randomly, and Tealdears have the "tealdear" command under the "Special" and "Friendly" tabd.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 27, 22:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard of the Unforgiving trait, but I can't think of any other trait that replaces the Unforgiving trait. Is that a custom trait in AM by chance, Pescado?
Unforgiving is a trait that they never made, because they never implemented grudges.

The other traits that weren't listed but were and still are part of AM:
That trait list predates the actual game itself, so it isn't used for anything, like I mentioned.

Hidden traits that weren't listed but are not part of AM:

Vampire
Immunity to Fire
May "invisible" or "hidden" traits are NOT REAL TRAITS and should not be enabled or given to sims. These traits typically do not contain useful autonomous and want behaviors, or have behaviors that are supposed to be coupled with other attributes, such as Being A Vampire. For instance, a sim never does anything special because it is Immune to Fire, being Immune to Fire just makes it immune to fire. It will not roll wants or otherwise experience any personality changes from immunity to fire. Most of the hidden traits operate in this way and do not form part of personalities or count towards the standard trait max.

Narcolepsy and Tealdeer work too.  Narcoleptics will fall asleep randomly, and Tealdears have the "tealdear" command under the "Special" and "Friendly" tabd.
Many of those traits already *ARE* associated with a behavior pack, such as Tealdeer being part of the "Lorelei" personality.

Traits like "Chosen" and "Radar" similarly have Zero In-Game Effect as far as a sim's personality goes, they are purely indicator traits.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 27, 23:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Unforgiving a scrapped trait (like Stupid) or a different name for an existing one?

One 'feature' of the Inappropriate trait is that they 'cannot apologize', (autonomously anyway)  so perhaps that could work as a substitute?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 28, 04:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would constitute a personality that would use the AM traits such as Racist, Blindness or some other trait?

If I want to create a Sim with a purely customized personality for the sole purpose of playing a family:

Racist:

Racist
MeanSpirited
Hotheaded
?
?

Disabled:

Blindness
Klutz
?
?
?

What exactly is Tealdeer? I have seen this one listed someplace, but I did not understand what it is or what it does exactly. Is this the one that makes a Sim boring to interact with?

As for the hidden traits, they should not be given to the Sims but inherited. They were merely listed for the sake of being listed.

The Don Juan personality should have had Commitment Issues instead of Natural Cook, but in order for the Sim to reel in the new fish, the Sim has to be a good cook to feed the fish and then hook the fish with further romantic interactions.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 November 28, 04:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would constitute a personality that would use the AM traits such as Racist, Blindness or some other trait?
The Racist trait is an unfinished project, so it does nothing and has no associated actions. Same with Blindness. The Racist trait is, however, associated with the Celestard personality and the Blindness trait is associated with Glinda.

What exactly is Tealdeer? I have seen this one listed someplace, but I did not understand what it is or what it does exactly. Is this the one that makes a Sim boring to interact with?
Tealdeer is Lorelei.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 November 28, 18:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snob would go with the racist trait as well.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 November 28, 22:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think stupid would be another great trait of the racist.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 November 28, 23:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think stupid would be another great trait of the racist.

Not necessarily - bigotry =/= stupidity, just ignorance and/or obliviousness. Someone can still be highly intelligent but have prejudices clouding their judgement.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 November 29, 01:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to use the Unforgiving trait and have grudges in the game? That seems like a perfect trait for the Jerk or Aristocratic personalities.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 November 29, 01:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no Unforgiving trait. It never existed.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: