More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 08:41:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Persisting and reproducible WA Collection bug.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Persisting and reproducible WA Collection bug.  (Read 5658 times)
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Persisting and reproducible WA Collection bug.
« on: 2010 December 02, 16:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this bug with WA collections throughout a couple games and it has taken me until now to reproduce it reliably and precisely with the help of "Amy's test object". I'm posting here to see if anyone else can reproduce it, or has encountered it.

If I try to drop a stacked WA relic collection from my sim's inventory, they will all place normally, except for the last item in each collection. For example, if  placing the 5 canopic jars, I can place 4 perfectly fine, but as soon as I try to place the last one, it wont let go of my cursor. The cursor gets stuck with the hand icon and I have no other option but to place it back in my inventory. This happens with every relic collection, and it doesn't matter which order I place them in, it is always the last placed item per collection.

To make matters worse, If I put the item back into my inventory, it will turn invisible, unless I place it back into a stack of similar items within my inventory. If turned invisible, I then need to spawn more from that collection into my inventory (using Amy's test object) to make it reappear.

So right now I have one piece from each relic collection in my inventory that I am unable to place. Does anyone have any suggestions,  or can anyone test it to see if it's just me? You can get Amy's test object from my mod collection in my sig.

Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Persisting and reproducible WA Collection bug.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 December 02, 17:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I had a whole treasure chest full of common and rare relics and didn't have this problem. That was before the newest patch though, so maybe a new bug?
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 December 02, 17:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I had a whole treasure chest full of common and rare relics and didn't have this problem. That was before the newest patch though, so maybe a new bug?

I'm trying to place my relics onto display stands of various sizes. They all store fine into a treasure chest, but the issue arises only when I try to place them on a surface.

On another note. I have found a way to place the last remaining item for a collection, but it's time consuming. I have to put all items bar the one I want to place into a container, reload the game, place the iitem, save, reload and repeat. However, if I then try to move that object again, I will be back to having the same issue. The reason I have to reload the game is due to all sims in the household having all their inventory items locked (no interactions possible) once I place the relic item. Reloading fixes the locked inventory.

Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 December 02, 18:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to place my relics onto display stands of various sizes. They all store fine into a treasure chest, but the issue arises only when I try to place them on a surface.

On another note. I have found a way to place the last remaining item for a collection, but it's time consuming. I have to put all items bar the one I want to place into a container, reload the game, place the iitem, save, reload and repeat. However, if I then try to move that object again, I will be back to having the same issue. The reason I have to reload the game is due to all sims in the household having all their inventory items locked (no interactions possible) once I place the relic item. Reloading fixes the locked inventory.
Oh well in that case, I have placed all items in the Zodiac collection on  a display table just fine.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 December 03, 18:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well in that case, I have placed all items in the Zodiac collection on  a display table just fine.

Thank you for checking. I have no idea what is going on in my game then. It doesn't make any sense.

jamesinhawaii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 December 03, 19:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have had this problem appear in my games a few times. When it happens, it usually begins after I put down all the objects in a collection in a room to get the collection moodlet, then put them back in my sims inventory for some reason (usually taking them to a vacation lot or a major redecorating binge). Then when I try to place them down in another room this bug may (not always) appear.  My solution has been, once collection items have been placed, to never put them back in the sims inventory. If I need to store them or move therm I put them in the household inventory or a chest.

Whatever the case, the bug is somehow related more to the moodlet than the items itself.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 December 03, 19:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have had this problem appear in my games a few times. When it happens, it usually begins after I put down all the objects in a collection in a room to get the collection moodlet, then put them back in my sims inventory for some reason (usually taking them to a vacation lot or a major redecorating binge). Then when I try to place them down in another room this bug may (not always) appear.  My solution has been, once collection items have been placed, to never put them back in the sims inventory. If I need to store them or move therm I put them in the household inventory or a chest.

Whatever the case, the bug is somehow related more to the moodlet than the items itself.

I did notice that I have also lost the moodlet, even though all collections are complete, so I'm now wondering if the game isn't registering those last items as there, thus not activating the moodlet. You are right about the first time being placed was fine, as mine were all fine until I needed to move stuff around, and since then weirdness. However I find it odd that even upon deleting all collections and regenerating them with the Amy's Test Object they are still broken. I'm now wondering if deleting them all, going on vacation, regenerating them whilst on vacation then returning home with them in my inventory may somehow fix it.

edit:
I tried deleting them all and going on vacation then regenerating all collections, traveling home and trying to place the relics I brought back with me. They still behave in exactly the same manner. I guess the next step is to try it with another household. It might be something tied to the lot or sim that is breaking the relics.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 04, 22:31:01 by Anach » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: