More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:00:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Missing Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Sims  (Read 6469 times)
animechick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Missing Sims
« on: 2010 November 22, 09:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hii! This is like my 3rd post on this forum in like 2 years. I'm ridiculously lame, I know.
Anywho! So what i present to you is an extremely annoying problem having to do with missing sims.

Let me start off by saying that I like to breed my sims. I make pretty families and then have people marry eachother and have babies, so my main family will have more friends and pretty potential mates. I'm not shallow, really.
Anyways, so I think I went around in this neighborhood before getting Ambitions and did my thing and had some families have some babies at different times so they'd be different ages, etc. etc.

Yesterday, I went to do my rounds, and noticed I had a LOT of old people, and hardly any youngins. Those youngins are missing, alive in the family tree. They range from baby to teenager, and I've counted 6 from just two family trees. I know there's more. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't already handpicked those people to breed with eachother, and if they weren't elderly now -.-; they're all adorable children, really. *sigh*

I tried using resetSim blahblah, and either I'm dumb and don't know how to use it properly, or it didn't work.
Also, I tried making a sim know everyone with testingcheatsenabled, and then trying to phone one of the missing people, and none of them are on the list T_T

So I'm wondering if
A. Someone else was suffering with me
B. Someone knows WHY this is happening.

Any help is appreciated! <3<3<3
« Last Edit: 2010 November 22, 09:45:27 by animechick » Logged
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
Re: Missing Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 22, 14:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why but I feel pretty today and I think I wanted to help you. The best thing I will ask you to do now is to evict all those pretty families you want to keep and move them to a same new neighborhood. Also, check your lifespan setting, who knows if you accidentally made it to short.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 22, 15:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm wondering if
A. Someone else was suffering with me

Yes, that entire cutesy-wutesy post had me suffering.  I think your Sims are dying out of sheer desperation to get away from you.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 22, 19:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try NRaas Overwatch "recover missing sims"?  http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=0ca2ac9393ecf18b8eaa974098095c4e&topic=4685.0

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
animechick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 23, 00:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear they're alive in the family tree.
It could be that I've got Elmyra syndrome and I huggle and love-le them too much, which would be a totally viable explanation... but with an explanation comes a solution knowwhatimean? ^.~

Anywho, thankies Gastfyr, I'll try that tonight and let y'all know what happens <3
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 23, 00:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be that I've got Elmyra syndrome and I huggle and love-le them too much, which would be a totally viable explanation... but with an explanation comes a solution knowwhatimean? ^.~
<3

I feel sick. Really, really sick. This is truly disgusting behaviour, which should never be indulged in on the internet, and particularly not in public! You ought to be thoroughly ashamed, particularly after Jez has already warned you about this.

animechick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 23, 00:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently no one's heard of sarcasm on this forum. Funny, after lurking for as long as I have, I could have SWORN I saw some.
I must have been mistaken. <.<
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 23, 01:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why but I feel pretty today and I think I wanted to help you. The best thing I will ask you to do now is to evict all those pretty families you want to keep and move them to a same new neighborhood. Also, check your lifespan setting, who knows if you accidentally made it to short.

I had to read this 3 time before I realized that the pod people have gotten to you.  Just don't fall asleep.   
animechick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 23, 09:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update for anyone who caares...

Freezerburn - Lifespan settings are normal, and I tried moving people around. The kids aren't on the sides as icons, they're just... gone -.-; Thank you though!

Gastfyr - I tried the NRaas Overwatch mod, and, I'm not SURE I did it right, but the recover feature didn't seem to work in this situation. I suspect it's BECAUSE they're not on the family icon ... thing. However, it's really cool, and thank you for that.

If I do find a solution I'll pop it up here for anyone else who experiences this weird glitch.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 23, 11:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently no one's heard of sarcasm on this forum. Funny, after lurking for as long as I have, I could have SWORN I saw some.

See the thing is, sarcasm actually requires a modicum of wit and intellect, which is, I suspect, why your attempts have fallen flat. Sure, any fool can mush some fermenting grapes in a bucket and call it "wine" but it's never gonna be a Bordeaux is it?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 23, 14:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sarcasm is only obvious if we know or care enough about your actual personality to realize you're being sarcastic.  Since you decided to spring out of lurking and IMMEDIATELY start acting like a fluffheaded, cutesy, filthy weeaboo, we have to assume that is your default state and react accordingly by setting you on fire.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 23, 17:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your neighborhood is absolutely borked. May I suggest spending couple of weeks making WHOLE cutesy families again?

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: