More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:35:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  'Master of Seduction' not working?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 'Master of Seduction' not working?  (Read 8725 times)
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
'Master of Seduction' not working?
« on: 2010 November 20, 09:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno if this is an AM problem, or an EA problem so...

For some reason my sim gets rejected every single time when trying romantic interactions, even with the MoS reward. This only happens with same-sex sims (as far as I can tell), but I've had no issues woohoo'ing the entire neighborhood (male and female) on a different save a couple of weeks ago.

Now my current sim is a female vampire ghost (the red and black one), but with her vampirism cured. So it could be a bug with that certain combination, or maybe a new AM bug? (I have the AM updater program) I hardly have any other mods installed, so I doubt it's a conflict; the most recent mod I downloaded was ruleof6 from this very site.

Can anyone shed a little light on this problem?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: 'Master of Seduction' not working?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 20, 10:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims actually are able to recognize their own orientations in TS3. Your new save must have sims that have already performed an action and therefore have one set.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ShinyBitz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 20, 16:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to inspire some experimentation, select the other sim, order them to do something romantic towards your sim, and switch back.  One interaction should open the door.  Of course, if they're homeless, you'll have to add them to your household (either talk them into moving in, or just turn on the basic testing cheats and add them that way) and boot them out later if you don't want them around.  Side effects may include losing NPC status, taking up a random lot, and demons pouring forth from the bowels of the earth to devour all you love and hold dear.

In The Sims, you never have to fear that weeks of work will be obliterated by a few moments of abject idiocy.
But other than that, it's a great game.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 20, 16:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use Twallan's Master Controller to view a sim's orientation and also to change it.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 20, 21:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys, I never knew that before.

EDIT: I tried the master controller, but my sim was already set to -50 male preference and 65 female. So it's the other sim who is rejecting me then?

That's weird because on my older household I woohoo'ed with almost the entire town and never got rejected, isn't that the point of that lifetime reward? I don't really get this.....
« Last Edit: 2010 November 20, 22:52:53 by Narmy » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 21, 00:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other sim is always the one who rejects. The attacker's preferences are not checked because you are the one giving the order. It's always the defender that determines the outcome of an action. The perk should work perfectly fine on anything of compatible orientation that has no encumberances. However, I haven't used it, so I have no idea how far it extends.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 21, 01:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know any explanation on why my other female sim was able to romance all females, even married ones? That's the part that confuses me.
NutBoii
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 21, 03:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason my sim gets rejected every single time when trying romantic interactions, even with the MoS reward.

I'm having the same problem. My female sim got the MoS Lifetime Reward, and kept getting shot down by both male and female sims (all townies). It happened with actions ranging from flirting to making out to straight up woohoo-ing. In the end I just had her build up the relationships all over again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: