More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:56:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Help changing Barnacle Bay textures?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help changing Barnacle Bay textures?  (Read 6377 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Help changing Barnacle Bay textures?
« on: 2010 November 18, 18:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to change the textures in Bridgeport and Barnacle Bay. I open the world files in S3PE, find the texture I want to replace (The hideous piss-stained sand in Barnacle Bay, for example), and simply replace it with another texture.

But when I go in-game, there are no changes. The beach is still piss-stained and horrible. What am I doing wrong? Is there something special I have to do to make it work in-game? I deleted all the caches, as well.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 09, 23:26:15 by Claeric » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Changing textures in a world after it has been completed
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 19, 00:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried making a new instance of Bridgeport/BB, or are you just loading an existing game? I'd suspect it's not referencing the file in an existing game.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 19, 04:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I load up a new file each time.

Judging by that question I assume that means I've got the process down? I'm doing the right thing? It's just not working for some reason. Hm.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 19, 09:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you delete the World Cache files for Barnacle Bay; for Bridgeport you'd most likely have to delete the static cache at Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Late Night\ Caches.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 19, 16:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, where the hell did that worldcaches folder come from? Jeez.

Well, now I can't open the installedworlds folder .package. It says "expected DBPF, found DBPP". Turns out it's because I am using a legally obtained Barnacle Bay. Even after decrapifying it, it still gives me the same error. I uninstalled it, deleted it, deleted the installedworlds file, caches, save, and redownloaded it, decrapified it...same thing. It installs fine, I just can't open it in S3PE.

On the bright side, it works perfectly with another world, which is great since the main reason I asked is because someone is making a great world, but with really dark grass, and it would be great to be able to replace it. Still would love to fix Barnacle Bay though.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 19, 17:50:55 by Claeric » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 20, 00:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judging by that question I assume that means I've got the process down? I'm doing the right thing? It's just not working for some reason. Hm.
No, I haven't tried editing a world with SimPE. The TS3 version is still a little too abstract for me, so I only use it for known and tested actions. I did, however, make changes to a world of mine I'd previously installed in CAW, uninstalled the world and reinstalled the fixed one, replacing my save file...to find my changes didn't show. They only did on a new world. So, thought it was a good bet.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 20, 02:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now I can't open the installedworlds folder .package. It says "expected DBPF, found DBPP". Turns out it's because I am using a legally obtained Barnacle Bay. Even after decrapifying it, it still gives me the same error. I uninstalled it, deleted it, deleted the installedworlds file, caches, save, and redownloaded it, decrapified it...same thing. It installs fine, I just can't open it in S3PE.
Did you try a decrapify and fix? Try the -fD switch.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 20, 04:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I haven't tried editing a world with SimPE. The TS3 version is still a little too abstract for me, so I only use it for known and tested actions. I did, however, make changes to a world of mine I'd previously installed in CAW, uninstalled the world and reinstalled the fixed one, replacing my save file...to find my changes didn't show. They only did on a new world. So, thought it was a good bet.

Oh, I see. Well, it is the right process, as it worked with another world. So for reference, yeah, all you have to do is open the installedworld file, find the texture you want to replace, and just replace it.

Did you try a decrapify and fix? Try the -fD switch.

Tried it. Now the launcher says it is installed, but it does not show up in installed worlds at all. Boooooooooo.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 20, 04:56:22 by Claeric » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 December 09, 23:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weeks later, still can't manage to get it to work.

If anyone CAN get it to open, would you mind just...doing it for me?  All I need is the texture for the sand changed to the sunset valley sand texture, it's a 5 minute process and then an upload. I'd really appreciate it. Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: